Suns @ Warriors Wednesday 10-30-19 game thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns leading scorers were Booker with 31 points, Baynes 24, Saric 16 and Rubio 14.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So which Sun does Adam Silver suspend, fine, or throw out of the league after beating his beloved Warriors?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So which Sun does Adam Silver suspend, fine, or throw out of the league after beating his beloved Warriors?

Baynes committed a flagrant foul and fell on Curry.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
Still predicting the Suns will make the playoffs this year. Ugly 4th quarter, but I’m still grinning as I have been waiting a very long time for the Suns to be better than the Warriors..

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohh yeah. Baynes is gonna have to move to Flagstaff and be a lumberjack for the rest of his life

That description fits Baynes perfectly. He could be a lumberjack.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

That's 32 assists and 16 turnovers for the Suns in the win. They've now had over 30 assists and under 17 turnovers in 2 of their first 3 games after doing so only 3 times all last season.

9:55 PM - 26 Oct 2019

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns this year are phenomenal at handling adversity, but they don't seem to handle success well...

The lead shrank but it was never in real danger. We went up 30... even the best teams tend to let up in that situation.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That 4th quarter was ugly. Like Igor Kokoskov ugly. I really hope that isn't a sign of things to come. Yes, this is a win, but I really hope the team is angry with itself right now. It should be.
Eddie expects that Monty will commend them for the 1st quarter . . .
then tear into the team for its sloppiness the rest of the way.

The Suns have a lot of experience losing over the past decade.

Now they need to learn how to win. They're not going to go
from zero-to-hero in five games.

But, following the game at Memphis on Saturday at 5 PM,
the Suns will have six straight at home vs. Philadelphia,
Miami, Brooklyn, LA Lakers, Atlanta and Boston.

Those six home games will be over the course of 15 days.

A cushy 2-week home schedule will enable the Suns to rest
up and practice a lot. It will be an important foundation for
later in the season.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was disappointed by their play in the fourth quarter, but I'll take the win. First three quarters were awesome.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am also blown away by Carter. Dude plays (and looks like) a 10 year pro.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, even as someone who viewed anything under 30 wins as a huge disappointment this year, I expected us to be probably 1-4 right now, with a couple blow out losses.

The Kings were supposed to be a young team a cut above our young team status and everyone else we've played was viewed as a deep playoff contender.

To be 3-2, without Ayton, and with both losses by a razor thin margin... it is really hard for me to keep my hopes in check.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evan Sidery‏ @esidery 49m49 minutes ago

Final: Suns 121, Warriors 110

• Devin Booker: 31 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists on 10-21 FGA
• Aron Baynes: 24 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks on 9-17 FGA
• Dario Saric: 16 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals on 7-15 FGA

+46 point differential through five games

9:58 PM - 30 Oct 2019

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Evan Sidery‏ @esidery 49m49 minutes ago

Final: Suns 121, Warriors 110

• Devin Booker: 31 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists on 10-21 FGA
• Aron Baynes: 24 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks on 9-17 FGA
• Dario Saric: 16 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals on 7-15 FGA

+46 point differential through five games

9:58 PM - 30 Oct 2019
4th best point differential per game in the league!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Before taking questions, Aron Baynes said this about Steph Curry’s broken hand: “Feel terrible for what happened to Steph. It’s unfortunate. You never want to see someone go down and get hurt, let alone be a part of it. Best wishes to him and hope he has a speedy recovery.” #Suns

10:49 PM - 30 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Baynes on the play that broke Curry’s hand (both players hit the floor, and Baynes fell backward on Curry’s body/arm/hand): “I haven’t seen it yet, mate. All I know is I was trying to take a charge. That’s all it was.” #Suns

10:49 PM - 30 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monty Williams on tonight’s #Suns win at Golden State: “It’s great to teach off of a win...Our guys know that we have to sustain the momentum better than we did. Those are tough games to play in. When you get up by a big amount, you naturally let your guard down.”

10:51 PM - 30 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suns coach Monty Williams on his team’s first-quarter explosion: “It wasn’t just one guy. Everybody was touching (the ball). That’s the kind of fun basketball that we want to play every single night.”

10:53 PM - 30 Oct 2019

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, even as someone who viewed anything under 30 wins as a huge disappointment this year, I expected us to be probably 1-4 right now, with a couple blow out losses.

The Kings were supposed to be a young team a cut above our young team status and everyone else we've played was viewed as a deep playoff contender.

To be 3-2, without Ayton, and with both losses by a razor thin margin... it is really hard for me to keep my hopes in check.

hell... I leaned closer to my 27 win floor than 33 win ceiling I foresaw for this team and I'm right there with you.

Man, I hope Ayton comes back with a ton of fire in his belly after letting the team down. Hopefully the suspension kicks him hard in the ass and can be the thing we all look back at years from now as the turning point from him going from an uber-talented kinda dopey dude into a focused monster in every way, on and off the court.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm... let me ask y'all this.

Is there a universe where eventually Baynes/Ayton end up being a twin-towers duo?

I know it's early days with Baynes, but he's starting to make me think we have a Bill Laimbeer type talent at C. He's got range on his three so he can suck Cs out of the paint, which would open it up for Ayton to just demolish PFs, he's a pretty smart passer and while Baynes might not be a defensive stopper down low against the best of the best, he can body the big guys in a way Ayton can't... and I think he's got a little Laimbeer-sneaky-dirty to him, which I actually like.

thoughts on this idea long-term? I mean, we'd be HUGE AND SKILLED in the front court if that worked.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hell... I leaned closer to my 27 win floor than 33 win ceiling I foresaw for this team and I'm right there with you.

Man, I hope Ayton comes back with a ton of fire in his belly after letting the team down. Hopefully the suspension kicks him hard in the ass and can be the thing we all look back at years from now as the turning point from him going from an uber-talented kinda dopey dude into a focused monster in every way, on and off the court.

Knowing that he can practice while suspended gives me hope that he will return from his suspension better than ever, after banging with Baynes for a couple months while having to watch Baynes kill it in real games.

And seriously, Baynes... I don't get how the Celtics let that guy go so cheap. I know they were shedding cap space to make a run at a star but damn, that guy is a banger. I can see why Celtic fans loved him.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
if this team continues on this level of play, i will be ecstatic but i want to give a disclaimer to the board right now: be prepared for me to hate Kaminsky long term and probably get annoying about it at some point. He had a nice game or two to start the season, but he is just so ******* soft on both end of the floor it's gross.

Duly noted. ;)

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
hmmm... let me ask y'all this.

Is there a universe where eventually Baynes/Ayton end up being a twin-towers duo?

I know it's early days with Baynes, but he's starting to make me think we have a Bill Laimbeer type talent at C. He's got range on his three so he can suck Cs out of the paint, which would open it up for Ayton to just demolish PFs, he's a pretty smart passer and while Baynes might not be a defensive stopper down low against the best of the best, he can body the big guys in a way Ayton can't... and I think he's got a little Laimbeer-sneaky-dirty to him, which I actually like.

thoughts on this idea long-term? I mean, we'd be HUGE AND SKILLED in the front court if that worked.

Yes, Baynes ticks a lot of boxes as Ayton's ideal frontcourt-partner but he will turn 33 soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA