Haason Reddick

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah...what put it in perspective for me was the TD he gave up vs New Orleans. They highlighted Vance Joseph screaming to Reddick that he had help inside (which is an indicator to play outside leverage) and Reddick still played with inside leverage giving up an easy TD. That is an issue with a dude not understanding the scheme and how everything fits together.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He is a bust considering where he was drafted no doubt.

But it’s really sad that he’s being played out of position as well & not played to the strengths that he showed in college. Throw in the passive, soft zones that Joseph is playing probably 80% of the time & that’s a recipe for disaster & a terrible combination imo.

I’ve never witnessed easier throws for a QB to have for an entire game like what we saw Sunday. It was atrocious & a total disaster. All day & basically all season. Vance Joseph is a BIG part of the problem this defense is having getting off the field despite the limited talent.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liken him to Budda.. his instincts to read a play are trash for the most part. Imo.. Buddas problem is mostly in coverage though..

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I liken him to Budda.. his instincts to read a play are trash for the most part. Imo.. Buddas problem is mostly in coverage though..

wait let me get this right... our 2nd leading tackler, who is being played out of position as a deep FS, cant read a play and is trash for the most part?

its like some of you dont even watch the games. Without Hicks and Budda, this defense would give up 40+ a game.... clowns all over this board

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What do we expect from a guy who played RB/S in high school, DE in college, and who we expected to learn a new position at ILB in the NFL?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
wait let me get this right... our 2nd leading tackler, who is being played out of position as a deep FS, cant read a play and is trash for the most part?

its like some of you dont even watch the games. Without Hicks and Budda, this defense would give up 40+ a game.... clowns all over this board

There is a way to disagree without name calling. Just saying.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sorry bud. Being one of the leading tacklers on a bend but don't break d doesn't do it for me. In general.. he is played out of position most of the time (outside the box) and it shows quite significantly when he does..imo. But I'll keep clowning away.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Reddick is an OLB

pretty clear he lacks the instincts to be an effective ILB. Not his fault: its Keim who thinks he can play ILB based on a good week at the Senior Bowl

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reddick will join the same ring of honor Kemdiche, Cooper, Buccanon, Rosen have joined as Keim's first-round picks. Haters gonna hate.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
1m

DC Vance Joseph said LB Joe Walker has "earned" right to play ILB in base defense over Haason Reddick. Reddick remains ILB in sub-packages. Not the direction Reddick wanted to be going at this point in his career. Joseph said it's what is "best for both guys and for the team."

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
VJ turned off the lights on Reddick

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

the #12 pick in the draft in his third year shouldn’t be “developing.” He should be contributing, at the very least. This is why you don’t draft position-less players in the first round and have no idea what to do with them. SMMFH

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good night Keim. Hello Quentin Harris.

List of Mr. Harris achievements:
  • not freaking up the first round picks of every draft
  • not signing terrible QBs with heavy contacts and then getting rid of them the next season
  • not getting a DUI
  • better looking bald man than Keim

I'm in

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
the #12 pick in the draft in his third year shouldn’t be “developing.” He should be contributing, at the very least. This is why you don’t draft position-less players in the first round and have no idea what to do with them. SMMFH
He’s right.

But come on Walker is much worse than Reddick imo & it isn’t even close. He’s absolutely terrible! Walker couldn’t cover my pass away grandma, at least Reddick would be in the area code. Our defense just got worse imo.

But I guess Vance knows better than me his soft 15 yard zone coverages are working fantastic lol

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry bud. Being one of the leading tacklers on a bend but don't break d doesn't do it for me. In general.. he is played out of position most of the time (outside the box) and it shows quite significantly when he does..imo. But I'll keep clowning away.
This clown has your back.

budda sucks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This clown has your back.

budda sucks.

Budda is fine and Reddick is less-than-fine. But you're going to have to have these kind of guys on a defense! The problem is that the PR machine treats Budda as a star and Reddick as a developing contributor, and neither are playing that way. Is that because the job of the hype machine is to hype, or is it because the front office evaluates these guys that way?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Budda is fine and Reddick is less-than-fine. But you're going to have to have these kind of guys on a defense! The problem is that the PR machine treats Budda as a star and Reddick as a developing contributor, and neither are playing that way. Is that because the job of the hype machine is to hype, or is it because the front office evaluates these guys that way?
To a certain extent you’re right. Budda is really a box safety. But he’s undersized and we spent a 2nd on him (right?). He’s not a playmaker and I question how valuable he is in today’s game. No doubt he’s overhyped and overvalued by a lot of people on this board. And Reddick just sucks. Both of these players are guys you look to replace. You can live with budda in the right position but you’ll never actually be “happy” with what he brings to the table. Reddick is just bad.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
98.7 is contracted with local teams to pump them up even when it is crystal clear to the hosts they are lying. They are not objective. It is one's own fault if they believed the hype machine about Reddick or any others.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
obviously the PR squad is the most effective part of the team

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To a certain extent you’re right. Budda is really a box safety. But he’s undersized and we spent a 2nd on him (right?). He’s not a playmaker and I question how valuable he is in today’s game. No doubt he’s overhyped and overvalued by a lot of people on this board. And Reddick just sucks. Both of these players are guys you look to replace. You can live with budda in the right position but you’ll never actually be “happy” with what he brings to the table. Reddick is just bad.

If Budda isn't a playmaker then who is? Hicks?

Our defense is VERY bad but there's still a few play makers out there that you can build around. Budda is one of those - if he's played exclusively at SS then I think he would be a top 15 SS in the league.

sheer number of tackles from the deep FS is indicative of that. he has his coverage issues, but SS is easier coverage than FS and its logical to think his coverage would improve while his tackling numbers would only get better.

do you agree?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave