Jazz @ Suns Monday 10-28-19 game thread

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
League isn’t ready for the Suns to be the best team in the NBA. Suspending our players, fining them and the refs dicking them around

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for all the belly aching about the refs, the Suns gave this game away when they were up 4 with three minutes left and turned the ball over multiple times leading to easy buckets and the final classic 3 point-play Suns foul on the break by Kaminsky.

Also, Ombre had a wide open 3 to win it and Book definitely fouled on that last shot.

tough loss, but on a night where they were dealing with refs, didn't shoot well in the first half, they still stayed in the game and if they caught a break here or there, probably win it, which is still massive progress.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Uh, how did the clock go from what seemed to be about 1.8 to .4 on that foul? Dang man. Usually that crap is reviewed. Sloppy ending to a sloppy game. Happy with the effort and another competitive game against a good team. Too bad their execution at the end was trash but those are the growing pains we’re
going have to endure. On to the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have to be more aware of these Spurs type teams with all these flopping euro guys.. they will do this to ya every time...and they got us tonight.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How TF do they not determine that there was over a second left at the end there? As good as the team is playing this year, these refs are making me not even want to watch. I just know were getting screwed at every opportunity...

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate complaining about refs but this was blatant. They called a late travel on Frank, all we ask for is consistency.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Would’ve preferred our last shot being something other than an oubre 3, but he was wide open.

whole team was kinda off shootingwise tonight. So many missed free throws and layups.

Losses due to Ayton suspension: 2

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Final: Jazz 96, #Suns 95 Fitting that this game ends on a foul. Mitchell goes 1-for-2 from the line, and miss on the second means Phoenix could not get a final shot off.

9:41 PM - 28 Oct 2019

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really growing to love carter and Baynes.

gobert just kills us.

losses like these really make me mad at ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
In the end, Utah still loses... after all, they paid Mike Conley $32M for 1 pt.

Wonder if they wish they kept Rubio.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was not impressed with the refs...but we can't let them get into the bonus with 6 or 7 minutes left or whatever it was.. once we did that they just pinned their ears back and constantly attacked the rim like they should. I give credit to the jazz. This one will be a good experience for the team to go through early in the season to learn from imo

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yet we would have won both of them if the refs were anywhere near neutral.
Oh lord, Monty is right, you have to earn calls. We aren’t there yet. But we will certainly be climbing closer. At the end of the day I didn’t think the refs lost this one. We did with all the turnovers down the stretch and missed opportunities.

still, as cheese pointed out, we’ve lost two games. Both to playoff teams. Both by 1 point (one of which was in OT). And this is without Ayton. Even tonight’s ugly contest was a step forward for this team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah but they had to make that call tonight though, it was obvious and unmissable.
Oh I get that, but still, no call for Booker in the same situation. That game Booker did not get the call, I would have liked him to take the three and rest the game on making a shot versus the ref's whistle.