Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’m convinced they peruse this board.

not joking

You know TJ, this Drake kid (I will say that because he's not ancient yet by far) had over 1K rushing last year and 9 TDS which is actually pretty dang good considering his situation even last season with the Dolphins when everybody knew he was getting the rock. People can talk Air Raid all they want but Kliff Crispberry has found that a two back set works rather well towards a hybrid of his initial thoughts. Morris is not a bad banger either. I will say this, I would take Kenyan over Foster. I never thought we would even entertain a playoff berth, though I have been known to hit the Kool Aide pretty heavy... I think we might have just gotten a steal because Drake fits this offense to a 't', though some have said he can have fumblitist

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
ed the move :)[/QUOTE]
You Keim-haters crack me up. Throw logic, reasoning and facts out the window, right?

When our starter went down, he found the best two guys on the open market that he could. When the backup also went down, he did what he had to. Did you guys not watch the game yesterday? Did you also skip the first couple games of the year? When we are not a threat to run the ball and become one dimensional, our offense goes in the toilet and we become uncompetitive. On top of that, it allows defenses to pin their ears back and come after Kyler. Not only is that terrible for his progression as a player, it’s dangerous for him as the primary asset to our organization. Keim spent a 5th/6th pick to protect our most important player and try to help us stay competitive. It may not be an easy or fun move but it was the right one.

Furthermore, if he plays well at all for us, somebody will give him a deal in the offseason. That means a comp pick for us. Stop looking for reasons to be a victim, guys. It’s going to be ok.
I don't like Keim and like this deal.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't like Keim and like this deal.

Not a fan of Keim either, and I also like this deal... If for no other reason, Drake gives this offense, Kingsbury, Murray the line the chance to continue to develop... The other scrub RB's we have left on our roster would've done nothing be hold the offense back and slow down the development of Murray...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So Markus golden can give us a fifth round pick on paper

Being at half of the season he had 34 tackles and six sacks, are very good numbers
That is a good question. I don't know the answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of Keim either, and I also like this deal... If for no other reason, Drake gives this offense, Kingsbury, Murray the line the chance to continue to develop... The other scrub RB's we have left on our roster would've done nothing be hold the offense back and slow down the development of Murray...

yup yup. this wasn't like the AP deal, where it should have been clear to anyone really paying attention that our goose was cooked, even before Palmer went down that season. we were as mediocre and OLD as you could get so I didn't get giving up future assets at that point.

but this team is ALL about ONE thing at this point: Developing Kyler. And this is a move that hopefully ensures the second half of his first season isn't a complete s-show that starts to hurts his confidence and growth moving forward.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's young, healthy and hasn't been injured.

I'm honestly shocked that some aren't saying there is no way Keim made this trade...as it's not KeimLike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You Keim-haters crack me up. Throw logic, reasoning and facts out the window, right?

When our starter went down, he found the best two guys on the open market that he could. When the backup also went down, he did what he had to. Did you guys not watch the game yesterday? Did you also skip the first couple games of the year? When we are not a threat to run the ball and become one dimensional, our offense goes in the toilet and we become uncompetitive. On top of that, it allows defenses to pin their ears back and come after Kyler. Not only is that terrible for his progression as a player, it’s dangerous for him as the primary asset to our organization. Keim spent a 5th/6th pick to protect our most important player and try to help us stay competitive. It may not be an easy or fun move but it was the right one.

Furthermore, if he plays well at all for us, somebody will give him a deal in the offseason. That means a comp pick for us. Stop looking for reasons to be a victim, guys. It’s going to be ok.
Well said brother, SK is trying, he's made alot of mistakes in the past but the only way to move past all that is to keep on trying. Eventually he will get this right. He's not gonna be fired anyways, he is the best friend of MB.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Great trade. Drake edmonds and johnson is a fantastic backfield...and we can line dj up in the slot while in 21 and create crazy mismatches.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like this trade. We've gone all in on Murray so you dont let him twist for one game, even one series, without a good RB if you can avoid it. He could work out really well in this offense

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Drake plays well and gets a good FA contract, would we get a compensatory draft pick?

Bingo! And the better Drake plays – and thus the closer he gets to turning the sixth round pick into a fifth – the better compensatory pick he will automatically warrant as well.

However, I don’t feel sure they will not re-sign him. He can do the same as D.J. Foster, only he is an upgrade. Maybe Kingsbury wants a stable of runningbacks next year, like he had at Texas Tech. Or maybe he wants Edmonds and Drake to be the primary backs, and David Johnson as sort of a multifaceted offensive weapon.

And, like I have said many times, cap space is obviously not a problem, so it will not matter if their #2- or #3 runningback earns a little more than usual.

I am fine with that they don’t just accept to mail it in halfway through the season.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Bingo! And the better Drake plays – and thus the closer he gets to turning the sixth round pick into a fifth – the better compensatory pick he will automatically warrant as well.

However, I don’t feel sure they will not re-sign him. He can do the same as D.J. Foster, only he is an upgrade. Maybe Kingsbury wants a stable of runningbacks next year, like he had at Texas Tech. Or maybe he wants Edmonds and Drake to be the primary backs, and David Johnson as sort of a multifaceted offensive weapon.

And, like I have said many times, cap space is obviously not a problem, so it will not matter if their #2- or #3 runningback earns a little more than usual.

I am fine with that they don’t just accept to mail it in halfway through the season.

Are we really going to tie up more than $20m at the RB position next year? I’d rather use the $4-6m drake will get towards the OLine. We have too many holes to just pay a backup RB like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are we really going to tie up more than $20m at the RB position next year? I’d rather use the $4-6m drake will get towards the OLine. We have too many holes to just pay a backup RB like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could easily do both.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That makes sense his contract is big that was my point with him and AJ Green, guys I would take but how do you fit them under the cap.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really like this trade. We've gone all in on Murray so you dont let him twist for one game, even one series, without a good RB if you can avoid it. He could work out really well in this offense
Cheese said something similar earlier. I think this, Murray's development, was a huge part of the trade.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Loving this trade. A proven NFL back who is a hell of a runner and receiver for a 6th rounder. Plus he’s only 25!!! We can sign him up at the end of the season, providing he’s as good as advertised, then I’d be excited about going into next season with DJ, Edmonds and Drake as our 3 RBs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave