Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
That's really not worst comes to worst. We stand to sign more players of impact than we will receive compensation in lost players in the form of Kenyan Drake. We have a decent amount of cap room and a lot of need at multiple positions.

Is Drake going to produce a ton more this week for us than Zenner or Morris? I'm not sure. I think he's more talented, but to what end do we need him?

I suppose a lot of this hinges on DJ and Edmonds. Is DJ not going to be back after the bye? I know we need a backup, but one would have hoped that Morris or Zenner could have filled that role given a bye week.

Just not sure. Drake's a good player, and I would like the pickup if the other elements weren't involved.

I agree with you Solar WRT the other positions of need...the WR group is a complete disaster for example, but without a complementary running game with a legit back, teams will just pin there ears back and bring the house.

I do not think Zenner or Morris are every down backs at this point in their careers, AM is 30 and was a featured back for 6 of his 7 years in the league...there is probably not a lot of tread on those tires.

Again, I think this is the right move to capitalize on K1's growth (again, no pun) in the short term

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I do not think Zenner or Morris are every down backs at this point in their careers, AM is 30 and was a featured back for 6 of his 7 years in the league...there is probably not a lot of tread on those tires.

Drake is not an every down back either. He wasn’t at Bama and he wasn’t any year he’s been with Miami. I don’t know which of the 3 is the best blocker but that’s who will prob get the nod on 3rd down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Considering how Rosen has played this year, that’s a steal for us. Good job Keim!!!!
Let's talk about Keim's good performance when Cardinals are 8-8 or better. Until then Keim is an awfully underperforming GM who is going to clinch a fourth consecutive non-winning season..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's talk about Keim's good performance when Cardinals are 8-8 or better. Until then Keim is an awfully underperforming GM who is going to clinch a fourth consecutive losing season..

The 8-8 2017 Cardinals say stop spreading this lie!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 8-8 2017 Cardinals say stop spreading this lie!

Factually you are right. I updated my post to read "Keim is an awfully underperforming GM who is going to clinch a fourth consecutive non-winning season.."

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is the trade illogical?

We currently have two guys signed off the street left on our roster, who will provide, "signed off the street" production...and...without the threat of a running game, K1 is going to get tee'ed off on further stunting (no pun intended) his development...

As pointed out above, worst comes to worst, we will get a comp pick for the rental minimizing our loss.

What round comp pick do you project? 7th?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a question
The round of a compensatory picks is just consequence of the salary given to a player or is also about how he performs the following season

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Just a question
The round of a compensatory picks is just consequence of the salary given to a player or is also about how he performs the following season

It’s performance based from what I’ve read but they don’t actually reveal what the formula is.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just a question
It is actually both.

CJ Mosley not playing for Jets due to injury will cut into Ravens compensatory pick though Mosley has biggest ILB signing money wise this season.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is not a bad trade. We have zero of the 3 RB's we started the season with available right now. Drake fills a need and allows us to continue developing the offense. Remember, that is the point of this season, to develop KM and an offense that will get better as the season goes on and into next year. We all knew there would be growing pains this year, but the rest of the season would have been a wash if we would have lost any ability to run the ball and become entirely one dimensional.

Drake allows us to keep building on what we were doing without taking a major step back. I also think there is a real shot we sign him to a new deal. He is not going to command very much money on the open market, and his skill set fits in really well with this offense. It would not be the worth thing in the world to sign him and have 3 solid RB's next year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is actually both.

CJ Mosley not playing for Jets due to injury will cut into Ravens compensatory pick though Mosley has biggest ILB signing money wise this season.

So Markus golden can give us a fifth round pick on paper

Being at half of the season he had 34 tackles and six sacks, are very good numbers

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not a bad trade. We have zero of the 3 RB's we started the season with available right now. Drake fills a need and allows us to continue developing the offense. Remember, that is the point of this season, to develop KM and an offense that will get better as the season goes on and into next year. We all knew there would be growing pains this year, but the rest of the season would have been a wash if we would have lost any ability to run the ball and become entirely one dimensional.

Drake allows us to keep building on what we were doing without taking a major step back. I also think there is a real shot we sign him to a new deal. He is not going to command very much money on the open market, and his skill set fits in really well with this offense. It would not be the worth thing in the world to sign him and have 3 solid RB's next year.

It's not like Keim is hitting home runs with his draft picks. I'd like to keep him though if he plays well.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
So Markus golden can give us a fifth round pick on paper

Being at half of the season he had 34 tackles and six sacks, are very good numbers

Well it also depends on the guys we signed so by the end of the year him and Suggs stat wise may wash. Plus we signed Hicks who is leading the league in tackles I believe.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Admittedly, I'm ignorant of the comp pick equation. I was just stunned when we lost another 6th for AP. I guess it's all contingent on what other moves we make next offseason.

Adrian Peterson was an FA before he was signed by NO and so we took that hit, Kenyan Drake was a draftie so no one other than us has the right to get anything for him than us.

I think this is the right thing to do for Kyler. Maybe not for the best Draft outcome next year, but for Kyler Murray and the developement of him and the Offense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it also depends on the guys we signed so by the end of the year him and Suggs stat wise may wash. Plus we signed Hicks who is leading the league in tackles I believe.

Sweezy Hicks Suggs
Yeah no extra picks next year

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny 98.7 talking about the compensatory pick now. Wasn't this morning. Interesting

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is what matters.

This is also what you continue to preach every week.
I want good players, of course. But I want them to be here for the long run, not 8 games.

Yeah. “Baselessly.” The guy has struggled for seasons now.

I’m not even mad about this decision. I don’t get it, but not mad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave