Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This would’ve been a better, more necessary deal

That is one Chad Williams + one JJ Nelson worth for Leonard. And we get an RB baby!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like the Drake. A good move in my opinion. You have to give KM and the team every chance to compete and win. This is not a lost season at all even if we are just developing. Not a Keim fan but like this move. This guy is game ready. The other two we signed aren't.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Like the Drake. A good move in my opinion. You have to give KM and the team every chance to compete and win. This is not a lost season at all even if we are just developing. Not a Keim fan but like this move. This guy is game ready. The other two we signed aren't.
At worst, he is a stopgap for the rest of the season. I think he's better than Edmunds as an all around back....

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I would partially agree but most if not all our RBs are injured and thats just bad luck. Not an indictment on Keim.

It might be because they are always going in reverse to pass block instead of forward to run block. You know 300 lb butt munchers

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Think I’m the only one who loves it.

I wanted Kenyan badly in 2016 & the fact we were able to get him for a 6th instead of a 4th Miami was fetching for is good.

I bet he’ll like the offense.
We agree on something. I'm not shocked if Drake signs a one year extension just to get more exposure in this offense. I am also not shocked if he was the number 2 RB moving forward. I personally think he is better than Edmonds at this point in time. I also like that we are giving Murray weapons for the rest of the year. Now we just need to go get Robby Anderson.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or to recap it for the angry Keim crowd.

He plays poorly: 6th round pick lost. He counts towards the number of free agents we can lose. This can help us since I expect us to be spenders this off season. Even if we sign better players but we lose more then we get a 7th rounder.

He plays well: Pick becomes a 5th round pick but now he counts as a "Good free agent loss" and then can negate us signing a good player or it can lead to a pick somewhere in that range or higher.

There is so little risk here I can't imagine why people would complain.
They complain because that is what people on here do, win or lose, trade or no trade.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have preferred Leonard Williams too but if Drake is actually better than Edmonds then for a 6th rounder I'm ok with it.

I figured as soon as we lost Williams was off teh board and I guess getting Drake probably signals we think Johnson and Edmonds are going to miss a game or two.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a little confused on why anyone would be upset with this trade. I’m more upset that we went into the season with a DJ Foster coming off injury as our 3rd running back.

Johnson Edmonds and Drake would give us a very good backfield in 2020. Good teams need 3 solid backs.

Can anybody provide a list of 6 round picks that have made an impact?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A rebuilding team offered a long term deal for an RB? Oh, it is Gambo saying it, nevermind.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why do fans here act like they clearly see a good logic behind any and every move team makes?

Hello, the team is trending towards a fourth consecutive losing season. The skeptics are often more right than not.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
A gm on borrowed time maybe?

No the purge of players last season under Wilkes sucked, we got ex cards doing well all over the NFL - probably every position! Just not many hits on our roster.

But Keims got KK and KM developing - I don’t see another GM making a stark difference until this plays out - for good or ill

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who knows ...either way the Cardinals are years and years behind the 9ers, Seachickens and Rams....and it ain't even close

Greatest move I made was dumping my season tickets

Halloween will be the scariest for anyone going to the game ....it'll be a 42-3 trounce

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You Keim-haters crack me up. Throw logic, reasoning and facts out the window, right?

When our starter went down, he found the best two guys on the open market that he could. When the backup also went down, he did what he had to. Did you guys not watch the game yesterday? Did you also skip the first couple games of the year? When we are not a threat to run the ball and become one dimensional, our offense goes in the toilet and we become uncompetitive. On top of that, it allows defenses to pin their ears back and come after Kyler. Not only is that terrible for his progression as a player, it’s dangerous for him as the primary asset to our organization. Keim spent a 5th/6th pick to protect our most important player and try to help us stay competitive. It may not be an easy or fun move but it was the right one.

Furthermore, if he plays well at all for us, somebody will give him a deal in the offseason. That means a comp pick for us. Stop looking for reasons to be a victim, guys. It’s going to be ok.

Last edited:

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This trade if further proof that this board can never be happy. Now people are whining about losing a 6th round pick lol. Come on.
It's so strange, at this point I wonder if it's a bit.

"The team has no talent because the GM just drinks all day."

"The GM traded a 6th round pick for a position of need, that is better than anybody on the couch. This sucks because I know with his drafting record he'd unearth the next Tom Brady."

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You Keim-haters crack me up. Throw logic, reasoning and facts out the window, right?

When our starter went down, he found the best two guys on the open market that he could. When the backup also went down, he did what he had to. Did you guys not watch the game yesterday? Did you also skip the first couple games of the year? When we are not a threat to run the ball and become one dimensional, our offense goes in the toilet and we become uncompetitive. On top of that, it allows defenses to pin their ears back and come after Kyler. Not only is that terrible for his progression as a player, it’s dangerous for him as the primary asset to our organization. Keim spent a 5th/6th pick to protect our most important player and try to help us stay competitive. It may not be an easy or fun move but it was the right one.

Cardinals receivers cannot catch or run routes either with full health. Why no receivers were added?

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

I’m a Keim hater but I agree with this.