An outside perspective...

Ole Saint

Reaction score
The Cards hung in there for nearly 3 quarters...Saints fans would be lying if they say they weren't getting just a little nervous/frustrated...

All thoughts and opinions come with much respect...overall, I was impressed with Kyler Murray...his ability to stay calm in that environment should give you guys a lot of faith moving forward...he won't face very many places that are more hostile than the Superdome...offensively, you just need some more weapons...I realize your RB was out and I also realize that I'm not sharing any breaking news...there's just no one on that side of the ball who will "scare" opposing teams...your backfield is now riddled with injuries and that don't help...the play calling was just not good...

Defensively, it seemed to be feast or famine...at times they were able to frustrate the Saints...I just don't understand all the zone coverage...that is not going to work against Drew Brees...Peterson seems to be vastly misused...again, I know I'm not sharing breaking news...overall, the front 7 was badly overmatched...I was very surprised when some on this site alluded to the idea last week that they would rather face Brees than Teddy...

The fourth down decision to go for it turned the game...the game never felt the same after that...I know Kingsbury will say "we had to stay aggressive" or "we had to take chances", but man that was brutal...best of luck going forward...I hope those of you who attended the game enjoyed your trip to New Orleans...c ya next time...

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you that PP2 is misused .... again. Too much zone, whereas he thrives on man2man.

Whoever said they'd rather face Brees than Teddy should be hung and quartered, lol.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I gotta say I think the reason we held on was because Drew was really getting himself comfortable again and getting back into the groove of the game, if this game is 4 weeks from now Drew puts up 40 points

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Our zone defense was so insanely stupid. Especially when your playing one of the greatest Qb surgeons of the past generation? Vance needs to adjust as quickly as K2 did or we may have a PP issue. Why keep the guy if we are going to misuse him?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards hung in there for nearly 3 quarters...Saints fans would be lying if they say they weren't getting just a little nervous/frustrated...

All thoughts and opinions come with much respect...overall, I was impressed with Kyler Murray...his ability to stay calm in that environment should give you guys a lot of faith moving forward...he won't face very many places that are more hostile than the Superdome...offensively, you just need some more weapons...I realize your RB was out and I also realize that I'm not sharing any breaking news...there's just no one on that side of the ball who will "scare" opposing teams...your backfield is now riddled with injuries and that don't help...the play calling was just not good...

Defensively, it seemed to be feast or famine...at times they were able to frustrate the Saints...I just don't understand all the zone coverage...that is not going to work against Drew Brees...Peterson seems to be vastly misused...again, I know I'm not sharing breaking news...overall, the front 7 was badly overmatched...I was very surprised when some on this site alluded to the idea last week that they would rather face Brees than Teddy...

The fourth down decision to go for it turned the game...the game never felt the same after that...I know Kingsbury will say "we had to stay aggressive" or "we had to take chances", but man that was brutal...best of luck going forward...I hope those of you who attended the game enjoyed your trip to New Orleans...c ya next time...

I pretty much tuned out after that 4th down try. It was dumb. The sequence was dumb. The field position and timing of it was dumb. You punt it and have a good defensive stop, you still have a chance. Handing the saints the ball there was basically forfeiting the game.

You're right though. all of it.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Game was in hand till the 4th down play

The entire team just folded after that....after 25 years of watching pro ball I hadn't seen a team go for it with under a touch down in the 3rd quarter....especailly with the horrible O line the Cards have.

We were surprised the Cards were in it still....and I think KK was too.

Reality is your in the playoff hunt or your not and the Cards are a team that isn't even close to being in the conversation.