Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well the bad news is its a loss of a draft pick.
The good news is we won't have to worry about Keim drafting a guy that won't see the field.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s a conditional 6th that could become a 5th.

This is dumb. Keim signed two RBs last week and didn’t even activate one of them. Plus, we’re not going to the playoffs and should be on the other end of trades like this.

Drake is a 1/2 year rental and we may lose a 5th round pick out of it.

Suge White strikes again
This is the peril of having a basically lame duck GM. He can burn all of the picks he wants to try to save his job, if he won't be here next year. He's playing with house money.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's better than both of them, though...and they must think they can re-sign him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Who cares? This team isn't going to the playoffs and hes gone after the season. Its pointless.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Geez. Not sure how I feel about this one. Not good for Edmonds or DJ at all. Can Drake even fly here in time and sign a contract before Thursday, much less play in the game?
The fact they did it today and not tomorrow (deadline) says they need him on Thursday.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is the peril of having a basically lame duck GM. He can burn all of the picks he wants to try to save his job, if he won't be here next year. He's playing with house money.
The sad thing is he will be the GM next year if I’m a betting man :bang:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Who cares? This team isn't going to the playoffs and hes gone after the season. Its pointless.
Dead on.

Now he will likely make another trade during the draft to recoup that 5th knowing him lol

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
It’s a conditional 6th that could become a 5th.

This is dumb. Keim signed two RBs last week and didn’t even activate one of them. Plus, we’re not going to the playoffs and should be on the other end of trades like this.

Drake is a 1/2 year rental and we may lose a 5th round pick out of it.

Suge White strikes again
Isn't this the type of deal BB always does, though? Give up a late round pick for a rental...player walks in FA and then BB gets the pick back as comp? Basically a wash in draft capital for a 1/2 season tryout.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I disagree. I think kyler playing out the season with even less weapons would stunt his growth. 6th or 5th for a rental for a guy who will be much better than Alf or ZZ is worth it to keep kyler’s development moving forward.

I’ll be surprised if we resign him at seasons end. He’d have to really shine for that to happen.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Isn't this the type of deal BB always does, though? Give up a late round pick for a rental...player walks in FA and then BB gets the pick back as comp? Basically a wash in draft capital for a 1/2 season tryout.

BB is always playing for a championship. Suge White is playing for his job

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I’d rather not go to games with Alfred Morris and Zach Zenner our starting backs
Kenyon better than both...Morris is a good banger #2...Zenner good on ST and maybe the occasion pass out of the backfield.

It definitely won't be the worse Cards backfield of all time.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The sad thing is he will be the GM next year if I’m a betting man :bang:

He has to be the GM firing him shows that he made a mistake signing KK and drafting KM. They have to keep him on for at least next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many of you seem to just be content with watching the team roll over and die on Thursday. Truly amazing.
Eh I understand not wanting to throw good money after bad. This season is likely shot, so why spend future assets on a lost season. But I also think it’s a really important developmental season. And as such if you can keep a modicum if talent around kyler to give him a fighting chance week to week, and you can do so for relatively on the cheap, you do so.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many of you seem to just be content with watching the team roll over and die on Thursday. Truly amazing.

Kenyon Drake will not be the reason the cards win or lose Thursday. It’s not rolling over and dying it’s being realistic. He prob won’t even get the start he has 1 full day to practice and 2 to learn the playbook. He may just be a body Thursday and Zenner will start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh I understand not wanting to throw good money after bad. This season is likely shot, so why spend future assets on a lost season. But I also think it’s a really important developmental season. And as such if you can keep a modicum if talent around kyler to give him a fighting chance week to week, and you can do so for relatively on the cheap, you do so.

Your argument is the only one that makes any sort of sense and I understand… But people crying because they want to do it for this season and prepare for Thursday have lost their minds... lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like 1616 said, I'm not content watching them roll over and die, but it's hard to envision our mash unit suddenly becoming dramatically better with a two day turnaround to get a guy into the playbook and onto the field. It's well known I'm a darksider this season though. I'm functionally ready to call this one a game before we even get underway.

I'm just mad Keim can waste future assets and everything so carte blanche at the moment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave