We are going to be at each others' throats for three weeks...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If there was any thread to post that in, I thought this one would be most appropriate. In fairness to Kyler, I believe this is mainly due to his inexperience. Good teams make him do things he does not want to do and he has struggled so far with that.
Agreed. In some ways from beginning to end I think I’m most disappointed in this game from kyler. I didn’t expect him to light this defense up, but there were some plays to be made today that he just didn’t make. Luckily even when sucking he wasn’t a turnover machine.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s the blame and finger pointing culture that’s crept into this board over the last 2 years.

it’s always gotta be somebody’s fault. Nobody ever says hey you know what N.O is really good and a much better football team than us. Nope guys live in a world where play calling and schemes are going to overcome huge talent gaps.

We are already head and shoulders better than last year and next year let’s be better than this year. That’s how a rebuild goes. Can’t waive a magic wand and fix everything on the worst team in football in an offseason

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s the blame and finger pointing culture that’s crept into this board over the last 2 years.

it’s always gotta be somebody’s fault. Nobody ever says hey you know what N.O is really good and a much better football team than us. Nope guys live in a world where play calling and schemes are going to overcome huge talent gaps.

We are already head and shoulders better than last year and next year let’s be better than this year. That’s how a rebuild goes. Can’t waive a magic wand and fix everything on the worst team in football in an offseason
So we shouldn't blame and finger point when our team can't score a touchdown, and the head coach hands the ball over to the opposing team deep on our side of the field? Yep, that's just a really good team. Poor us.

Pure apologetics here.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we shouldn't blame and finger point when our team can't score a touchdown, and the head coach hands the ball over to the opposing team deep on our side of the field? Yep, that's just a really good team. Poor us.

Pure apologetics here.

you know what would help scoring touchdowns? WR who can actually get open or an offensive line that can give a QB time to throw. Idk maybe that would help a little bit. That’s just me though.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
you know what would help scoring touchdowns? WR who can actually get open or an offensive line that can give a QB time to throw. Idk maybe that would help a little bit. That’s just me though.
Well, we spent four draft picks in the past two years on each, so yeah, maybe that would help if Keim could pick players that can get on the field.

Edit: Yes, I'm hella finger pointing.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, we spent four draft picks in the past two years on each, so yeah, maybe that would help if Keim could pick players that can get on the field.

Edit: Yes, I'm hella finger pointing.

The WR have given us nothing that has nothing. That’s on the GM. If you don’t have TALENT there’s not much you can do

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't have the talent to stay with the Saints. Some bad decisions were made but bottom line we were made one dimensional on offense and Murray can't overcome that. Leave our D out there too long against Brees and this is what you get. We were down to one RB basically. We all know the D needs help.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Well, I do agree with you, but, Thursday's opponent?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I do agree with you, but, Thursday's opponent?

You know the 49ers have been picking defensive lineman in the top 10 for years now. They didn’t just get good they were bad for a minute.

This will be there first winning season since 2013. Rebuilding is a process

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At each other’s throats? Ha! We do that anytime anything doesn’t go according to a fairy tale script.

Ten years from now we’ll be arguing “If only Kingsbury wouldn’t have went for it on 4 th down against the Saints....” :)

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I have no desire to argue with anyone or prove anything I just like watching the games.

They are more fun to watch than in the most horrid years because we have a new coach and a new QB both of which I've already mentally written down this year to a learning year, probably most of next year too.

I just look for signs the team is learning.

This was a very good defense and it showed in terms of how we couldn't score a TD. We got close but still a long long way to go on our red zone offense.

We'll get there but we need play makers everywhere.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
yeah I'm not going to be getting after anybody too much these next few weeks, no matter what happens.

Somebody disagrees with something I post? Great. It's a free country.

If I disagree with something somebody posts? I'm just going to let it slide. It's not worth it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

San Francisco was the second worst team in the NFL last season.

You know the 49ers have been picking defensive lineman in the top 10 for years now. They didn’t just get good they were bad for a minute.

This will be there first winning season since 2013. Rebuilding is a process

DYK the 49ers drafted 2nd overall last year because only we were worse than them? Weird process argument.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We hung with the Saints until the 4th down play where we couldnt get the yard and in our own territory. I got nothing but praise for KK but that decision cost us and NO never looked back.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
San Francisco was the second worst team in the NFL last season.

DYK the 49ers drafted 2nd overall last year because only we were worse than them? Weird process argument.

still doesn’t change the fact they’ve been bad for a long time and stock piling front 7 defensive players

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We hung with the Saints until the 4th down play where we couldnt get the yard and in our own territory. I got nothing but praise for KK but that decision cost us and NO never looked back.
That call didn't change much
Their offense marched the field pretty easily and we couldn't average 2 yards for carry, they doubled our yards at that point
They are simply a ton better, that's why kk tried the fourth down conversion, just try to stick with them, he was aware was a desperate move

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
That call didn't change much. Their offense marched the field pretty easily

I kinda agree. They were marching down the field until PP2's pick. Then it was just like it never happened; NO continued almost exactly where they had left off. I was a freebie, why not take a gamble?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Nah. If people go after each other on this game, they are dumb to. NO is a legit team and the Cards are still learning. They lost their other RB. Just no need to be totally pissed off at this loss.

I disagree it was 6-10 and competitive- until bad pas on 3rd and 1- and failed 4th down run -didn’t expect to win it but collapse after that is not ok - Nawlings is hard enough - but it’s not ok to defeat ourself - you think it’s ok to do that again this week? We will will have 2 rbs that wasn’t on our roster last week - starting against the undefeated niners in our division - you think KM will survive? You know to play another game ever?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave