How Far Are We Behind The Niners?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Figured this is a good week to discuss this. We all thought it would be the Rams who we would be chasing for the next 10 years but it may be the niners. I’m worried they are this good and really young.

Could we catch up in 2 years? Should we have focused on building a dominant D like them with a game managing QB? I’m just trying to figure out what went wrong and how they turned it around so fast while we are still trying to figure it out. It wasn’t that long ago they were in a SB with kap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Behind.

It took them 3 years with Shanny.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Well they did have a head start at their rebuild, it only been about 10 years....:biglaugh:

They were in the SB 7 years ago and they didn’t start the rebuild the year after. They have only been in a full rebuild for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
However long it takes to build quality O & D lines. Those are the Cards biggest problem areas

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are at least a year behind but with today's NFL I do not think it's discouraging. We have the better QB in my opinion and he's only going to get better. Their defense is good but their offense is not some powerhouse and this is now a league geared for the offense... but unlike the Rams, they have more of a sound approach to the cap

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Drafting a QB in the top 10 in back to back years is one way to fall behind. Especially giving up draft capital to move up to get Rosen. That move set us back about 3 years. It’s all on Kiem

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Drafting a QB in the top 10 in back to back years is one way to fall behind. Especially giving up draft capital to move up to get Rosen. That move set us back about 3 years. It’s all on Kiem

We gave up an extra 3rd and a 5th. Please stop acting like we gave up a fortune

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We gave up an extra 3rd and a 5th. Please stop acting like we gave up a fortune
Plus the wasted 1st. If you don’t think a 1st, 3rd and a 5th are a big deal to throw away then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not saying Murray was the wrong choice this year but the wasted picks last year are what set us back for several years

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Plus the wasted 1st. If you don’t think a 1st, 3rd and a 5th are a big deal to throw away then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not saying Murray was the wrong choice this year but the wasted picks last year are what set us back for several years

No, the picks that he got wrong are what set us back for years. That trade was a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

Same people that complained about the move now are the ones BEGGING for the team to draft a qb at the time

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
About 6 years of top 5 picks.

prolly 2 to 3 years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No, the picks that he got wrong are what set us back for years. That trade was a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

Same people that complained about the move now are the ones BEGGING for the team to draft a qb at the time
Give me a break. It's a combo of both. What'd he do with the picks the year before? Nothing. Or the pick he got to make up for the move? As of right now, nothing.

Bad decision, and bad picks combined. None of this exists in a vacuum. But one's gotta think that maybe, possibly, with 3 picks instead of none, we pick a contributor.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Or one to two idiot trades. I.E..... The trubisky trade.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

If someone told me the Cardinals could actually draft a franchise QB in two drafts no matter the cost, I would be like hell yeah with the little given up to botch the Rosen pick and the law of averages in the draft in general. Kyler was the right choice and the right move from all we have seen and anyone saying different is just being butt hurt for their own opinions leading into this draft. The problem is guys like Reddick, Baker and Isabella... LB, safety, and a WR expected to be a dynamic guy from merely the slot all playing like doo doo (or not at all) is the fly in the ointment

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Give me a break. It's a combo of both. What'd he do with the picks the year before? Nothing. Or the pick he got to make up for the move? As of right now, nothing.

Bad decision, and bad picks combined. None of this exists in a vacuum. But one's gotta think that maybe, possibly, with 3 picks instead of none, we pick a contributor.

Possible but not likely. This team is losing because of missed picks in the first 3 rounds for years not because of the trade

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Possible but not likely. This team is losing because of missed picks in the first 3 rounds for years not because of the trade
It sure doesn't help. We've missed on picks, but at least some have played some games over multiple seasons for us. Keim spent 3 picks for 13 games last year and we'll never see anything come of them past that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We are a year and a half behind. They are about maxed with the cap, and George Kittle will need a huge contract. They can create space but that requires letting good players go. The biggest difference IMO is the coaching gap. Shannahan is arguably the best offensive play caller in the NFL and Kingsbury is still finding his way.

The 49ers also have continuity that we don't have. Coaching changes and scheme changes do not necessarily help.

We have to hit on a lot of things, but things change quick in the NFL.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This will be the 49ers first winning season since 2013.

there rebuild was long and painful let’s not act like it happened over night

Nonsense and Kyle shannan is the greatest play caller ever even though the majority of the wins have come with them scoring less than 2 tds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson