#claimFlashGordon

Reaction score
In general yes. But we are seeing some pretty radical behavior with weed nowadays. Especially edibles. Your statement is way to generalized and doesn’t fit today. Even at the airport I’m dealing with people that don’t act like your typical weed heads. The manipulation of weed through science and the stronger stains nowadays and the hallucinations being caused by people not doing edibles properly is the root cause of lots of radical behavior. Including fighters.

I've smoked better weed in the early 80's than what you get at the dispensary. I didn't always get better weed but it was around every now & then. Edibles is a completely different story. I personally don't care for them.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess my point is if you can't rely on him why take away snaps from younger guys unless you think Josh Gordon will make them better players? he won't he's not that type of guy his value to a team is on the field. If we were Josh Gordon away from the playoffs yeah it's worth the risk, but we're probably not. To me the risk is bringing a guy in to the program who has issues. Remember the pats put him on IR when he was healthy enough to run 22MPH on a treadmill, he's not really hurt they're just sitting him right now because IMO they want to be sure Harry is healthy when he comes back. if he is, they will release Gordon. They're not doing that because they think he sucks they're doing that because they don't want to rely on him.

They have much more to lose than we do of course but if he's not going to put you over the top why deal with the potential headaches a guy like he brings?

Cleveland the last time thought ok his last chance he'll be clean now and he wasn't. Pats went and got him same thing, now they're goign to release him that implies to me they think something is up. Obviously we're not going to cut a great player to get him in but we're going to cut someone.

Because none of the guys on the roster are going to be that good. Guys like Trent Sheffield, Byrd, and Keesean Johnson are a fine a dozen in the NFL. That’s why we were able to get them for nothing. All of their ceilings are a third receiver you hope is beaten out by a draft pick.

I told you why I think the Pats put him on IR, and you didn’t engage with that at all. They have options that are as good as Gordon. We don’t. We have Trent Sheffield.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've smoked better weed in the early 80's than what you get at the dispensary. I didn't always get better weed but it was around every now & then. Edibles is a completely different story. I personally don't care for them.

no....I dont think you did...unless your local dispensary sells dirt weed.
I grew up smoking humboldt county's finest...literally world famous weed back in the day....and that same stuff is not even average today

everything my local dispensary sells has a higher THC content than that bad ass weed I used to get back then...except for when they sell that same badass weed

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up smoking humboldt county's finest...literally world famous weed back in the day....and that same stuff is not even average today

everything my local dispensary sells has a higher THC content than that bad ass weed I used to get back then...except for when they sell that same badass weed

yep... it’s not even arguable that the strength of weed today is stronger and more potent. Its proven... Sure you can buy stuff that isn’t as well. But if You want stringer
Much stronger it’s available.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In general yes. But we are seeing some pretty radical behavior with weed nowadays. Especially edibles. Your statement is way to generalized and doesn’t fit today. Even at the airport I’m dealing with people that don’t act like your typical weed heads. The manipulation of weed through science and the stronger stains nowadays and the hallucinations being caused by people not doing edibles properly is the root cause of lots of radical behavior. Including fighters.
Edibles are a nightmare. Smoking weed is no different than ever. It may be more potent but you just smoke less and etc. I won't touch edibles and I've partaken in the weed for over 20 years. They are too strong, not fun and a totally different high. If players took edibles prior to a game if imagine they would be useless.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep... it’s not even arguable that the strength of weed today is stronger and more potent. Its proven... Sure you can buy stuff that isn’t as well. But if You want stringer
Much stronger it’s available.
It is far better than ever but even then, smoking weed before a game today still really wouldn't mean anything and yeah edibles are totally different.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Edibles are a nightmare. Smoking weed is no different than ever. It may be more potent but you just smoke less and etc. I won't touch edibles and I've partaken in the weed for over 20 years. They are too strong, not fun and a totally different high. If players took edibles prior to a game if imagine they would be useless.

Edibles destroy... can barely function if I take more than 50 mg.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last one I took was not from a store, just home made with hash oil. It was several years ago. I was intending to go to bed and instead was up all night and mildly hallucinating. Blew my mind. Refuse to touch them since then. I'm more comfortable with mushrooms than I am with edible weed.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

50!! I ate 2x 10mg brownie bites in Nevada recently and though they took a long time to kick in (maybe 90 minutes), they completely kicked my a$$ when they did. Can't even imagine doing 50!

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
50!! I ate 2x 10mg brownie bites in Nevada recently and though they took a long time to kick in (maybe 90 minutes), they completely kicked my a$$ when they did. Can't even imagine doing 50!
Had a 1,000 mg cookie once... that wasn't fun...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SIAP

rumors/stories from anonymous sources in New England are that Gordon was not exactly compliant with the Patriot's routine. Late for meetings, no shows, etc. Anyone who signs him has to know that he plays by his own rules.

Reaction score

I've had Humboldt County weed. A friend grew up in the Bay area & used to get it regularly. Not as good as what I had. Good but not as good. I've had top shelf from the local store & it tastes great & all but just doesn't get you ''stuck'' like other stuff I've had. I've had true Hawaiian back in the early 80's where one pinch hit would get you so stoned you couldn't hardly talk. Nice & smooth going down & then expands in your lungs. I've been smoking weed for over 40 years. I know what I'm talking about. The most THC content you get today is around 29% or so. They have it down to a science. Back then they had no idea how potent a plant would turn out until you tried it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Because none of the guys on the roster are going to be that good. Guys like Trent Sheffield, Byrd, and Keesean Johnson are a fine a dozen in the NFL. That’s why we were able to get them for nothing. All of their ceilings are a third receiver you hope is beaten out by a draft pick.

I told you why I think the Pats put him on IR, and you didn’t engage with that at all. They have options that are as good as Gordon. We don’t. We have Trent Sheffield.

They have started talking about weed K9, forget about any intelligent conversation about football now lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't buy that they think Olszewski or Jakobi Myers are as good as Josh Gordon. They have a Super Bowl caliber defense, their offense looks good enough if they get more production at WR they could be that much better. Sanu helps, N"Keal Harry helps but I'd sure rather have Gordon than those 2. Slater is 34 and way past his prime, Dorsett out 4-6 weeks. I strongly believe if they thought they could rely on Gordon they would keep him.

I get their needs are different than ours they are a SB contender if he costs someone else reps and then gets suspended again it could really harm them down the line. For us not so much. But I do think there's risk in taking a bunch of young players and putting them around a guy with a history like Gordon.

I wouldn't be furious if we picked him up but I wouldn't be thrilled

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't buy that they think Olszewski or Jakobi Myers are as good as Josh Gordon. They have a Super Bowl caliber defense, their offense looks good enough if they get more production at WR they could be that much better. Sanu helps, N"Keal Harry helps but I'd sure rather have Gordon than those 2. Slater is 34 and way past his prime, Dorsett out 4-6 weeks. I strongly believe if they thought they could rely on Gordon they would keep him.

I get their needs are different than ours they are a SB contender if he costs someone else reps and then gets suspended again it could really harm them down the line. For us not so much. But I do think there's risk in taking a bunch of young players and putting them around a guy with a history like Gordon.

I wouldn't be furious if we picked him up but I wouldn't be thrilled

He still may be a viable option because any team which wins, there are individuals which get their way. What I am getting at, he might have had a run in with Belichick or god forbid Brady. Now, they earn certain considerations due to their success but nobody is immune to having a sense of "everything is I do is right and people tell me so everyday"... after all, what's wrong with Chandler Jones :)

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

He has revisionist history. What they are doing genetically to weed now is incredible.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The last one I took was not from a store, just home made with hash oil. It was several years ago. I was intending to go to bed and instead was up all night and mildly hallucinating. Blew my mind. Refuse to touch them since then. I'm more comfortable with mushrooms than I am with edible weed.

Ate an edible last night and it had me tripping balls all night last night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He still may be a viable option because any team which wins, there are individuals which get their way. What I am getting at, he might have had a run in with Belichick or god forbid Brady. Now, they earn certain considerations due to their success but nobody is immune to having a sense of "everything is I do is right and people tell me so everyday"... after all, what's wrong with Chandler Jones :)

The way they're handling it implies they're trying to be fair to Gordon in that we don't want you so we'll do it in a way that makes you a FA, but you'll have to go through waivers so you're going to get picked up likely by a team with a weaker record not a team that might be a threat to the Pats down the line.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ate an edible last night and it had me tripping balls all night last night.
It's this why you decided to start Daniel Jones? [emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]

Reaction score
He has revisionist history. What they are doing genetically to weed now is incredible.

Not really. Since it was before you were born you have no idea what was around at the time. Most of it was some regular Columbian but once in a while some really good stuff would come through. It was better than what they put out today.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. Since it was before you were born you have no idea what was around at the time. Most of it was some regular Columbian but once in a while some really good stuff would come through. It was better than what they put out today.
One interesting thing to me, today's weed is stupid potent and all but when I was in Jamaica and smoke the local, outdoor weed....I like the high a lot better. Felt a lot more smooth and natural. Makes me wonder if the indoor process is changing it from what it should be.

Reaction score
One interesting thing to me, today's weed is stupid potent and all but when I was in Jamaica and smoke the local, outdoor weed....I like the high a lot better. Felt a lot more smooth and natural. Makes me wonder if the indoor process is changing it from what it should be.

Outdoor weed's high tends to last longer than today's weed it seems.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
It's this why you decided to start Daniel Jones? [emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]

Matt Ryan being hurt is the reason for that he's out. There's a cool little feature Yahoo offers where it shows the players status next to their name. O means out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave