What is Isabella's football IQ...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This has to be brought up. It's absolutely unheard of to have a second round pick with his speed not be given at least minimal starts at the position which he was drafted for and that's catch the ball. I thought he had issues with body catching but still with the way he can stretch the field we have yet to see him sent deep even once. I do not think this is about route running or catching, I think the kid might be having problems assimilating a pro offense

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cant catch what isnt thrown to you. I think right now he's last in the depth due to injuries coming out of TC but Ive noticed he is on the field more as a decoy. I expect a breakout game soon?

This makes no sense guys. He seems to be a guy Kliff and the franchise was enthrall to get and this is all we have from him so far. Really, for a second pick there is something fishy. I get he's a hard worker from a small school and that makes him likable but I do not like his production... especially when Kirk goes down and the franchise tells you they would rather have Cooper out there

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not a challenging concept to say that we just picked another bad player, like most of Keim's picks.

"Short kid from UMass that didn't play against any decent competition" is what the scouting report basically was in all draft mags.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This has to be brought up. It's absolutely unheard of to have a second round pick with his speed not be given at least minimal starts at the position which he was drafted for and that's catch the ball. I thought he had issues with body catching but still with the way he can stretch the field we have yet to see him sent deep even once. I do not think this is about route running or catching, I think the kid might be having problems assimilating a pro offense
It does happen Jet, he is a rook. I still think he’s going to be a fine NFL WR.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's not a challenging concept to say that we just picked another bad player, like most of Keim's picks.

"Short kid from UMass that didn't play against any decent competition" is what the scouting report basically was in all draft mags.
Well he did light up Georgia & Florida. Just sayin

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well he did light up Georgia & Florida. Just sayin
With Georgia, the game was well out of hand anyways. Nothing like "lighting up" a team when you get wrecked 20-66 and the game was in their pocket already.

In high school I caught a touchdown in the expiring minutes against a guy whose best defense was yelling "you'd better not catch that or I'll fight you after the game" while the ball was in the air and I was 15 yards past him. But I was being "covered" by a freshman linebacker that was 5"5. We still lost by 30 or so.

Lots of quotes there, just saying that nothing Isabella did was very impressive when it counted, and it seemed like a dumb pick.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe he’s a rookie and just not where they want him to be yet? Does take some time for people, but if he’s trending up in terms of playing time then that’s a good thing

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol. Yet you guys wonder why you’re raked over the coals when you’re continually proven wrong on here.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't he start out as a running back too.

He still might be learning the position along with a large step up in competition.

Should be schoolyard play of “Andy, you go long and I will hit you down the sideline.” Just once throw it to him

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was the guy that KK adamantly wanted. And KK continues to support the notion that Isabella is everything that they expected. So, we'll leave it at that & see how it plays out. If K1 chose to throw it in his direction (he was wide open), he would already have a few TD's right now. He went over 1000 yards all 4 seasons at UMass, so it wasn't like he was a 1 year wonder. It's anyone's guess why he's not being used more???