Deandre Ayton facing 25 game suspension

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tweet contains James Jones statement on Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sounds like the team is resigned to suspension. So it also sounds like confirmation that Ayton did something really stupid.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not picking on you, but I find “finally” kinda funny considering he hasn’t played an equivalent to a season number of games yet in his career. Lol.
I just like how rubio used ayton inthe post... anychance 25 can get reduced? 25 is a ton of gms....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that’s a disaster.

This is why adding the 14th and 15th players to the roster should never be taken lightly. They can end up having to play. It may happen with Diallo play some 4/5.

That said, Baynes can play center and Kaminsky can see some minutes there as well.

It could be we see Oubre playing some power forward. Cam Johnson could see some spot duty there as well.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I thought they were going to remove pot from the banned list?

Since it’s legal in half the NBA cities.

It definitely won’t enhance your performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sounds like the team is resigned to suspension. So it also sounds like confirmation that Ayton did something really stupid.

I know nothing more than any other person here... but, my gut tells me that he smoked some dope, tried to mask it, and got caught.
Major bummer as it will seriously set back the meshing that was taking place between he and Rubio, and the rest of the team.
Let's hope this is nothing more than an amazing, teachable moment for a young man...:(

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Anyone think Ayton was actually using PED's? I haven't seen enough differences in him to suspect it and he hasn't had an injury recovery situation that might tempt him. The only way he would be using PED's IMO if if he has been using them since high school, when he packed on a bunch of weight in one year.

On the first three-man weave drill of the season, Ayton looked different. Different from every other player on the court. Perhaps different from any other amateur player in America.

He had added 20 pounds of muscle to his frame during his first two months on campus -- he never lifted weights before college -- and he'd reduced his body fat percentage from 13 percent to 7 percent.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...eshman-deandre-ayton-not-afraid-do-big-things

Got no clue, really. Sometimes things like this mature a person. Hopefully Ayton will respond constructively.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Heard Monty Williams interviewed on the radio about this, and I am thrilled he is our head coach. What an extraordinary man. If anyone can right Ayton's ship, I believe it is him. That being said, I am now very worried that Ayton is a pothead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they were going to remove pot from the banned list?

Since it’s legal in half the NBA cities.

It definitely won’t enhance your performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed it should not be banned IMO but until it's not, if you do it and get caught you have only yourself to blame. Just guessing that's what happened here he did it and used a diuretic to flush it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone think Ayton was actually using PED's? I haven't seen enough differences in him to suspect it and he hasn't had an injury recovery situation that might tempt him. The only way he would be using PED's IMO if if he has been using them since high school, when he packed on a bunch of weight in one year.

On the first three-man weave drill of the season, Ayton looked different. Different from every other player on the court. Perhaps different from any other amateur player in America.

He had added 20 pounds of muscle to his frame during his first two months on campus -- he never lifted weights before college -- and he'd reduced his body fat percentage from 13 percent to 7 percent.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...eshman-deandre-ayton-not-afraid-do-big-things

Got no clue, really. Sometimes things like this mature a person. Hopefully Ayton will respond constructively.

Rounds put 40 pounds on Tarc in 6 weeks as a freshman and was openly bragging about it. the next year Tarc leaned out like crazy after complaining he'd been too big as a freshman. I don't get the sense that was the case with Ayton he just legitimately wasn't lifting weights or anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed it should not be banned IMO but until it's not, if you do it and get caught you have only yourself to blame. Just guessing that's what happened here he did it and used a diuretic to flush it

I'd like to know the time frame when the follow up testing came up negative. Some drugs stay in the system for awhile like marijuana. I think a diuretic would only temporarily mask it. It makes me think it's something different.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know the time frame when the follow up testing came up negative. Some drugs stay in the system for awhile like marijuana. I think a diuretic would only temporarily mask it. It makes me think it's something different.

Pot leaves your system quite quickly from what i have heard, that's why they test hair for it you can detect it longer in hair than in blood or urine.

I just tend to agree with those who say he just doesn't seem like a guy who'd be on PED's he seems way too laid back. Pot makes sense, PED's don't IMO

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
yeah but Baynes got 5 fouls in 9 minutes, and we now have no shot blocking.

kaminsky is going to be getting a lot of center minutes.

Yea, but Baynes shouldn't be playing more than 10-15 minutes... Might as well spend that time using up those fouls. :)

Seriously though, when I read this earlier today, it was quite a gut punch.

Go Suns.