Deandre Ayton facing 25 game suspension

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
According to the info I can find online, a first time violation should result in a 10 game suspension. A second violation would be the 25 game suspension. So what gives here?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
According to the info I can find online, a first time violation should result in a 10 game suspension. A second violation would be the 25 game suspension. So what gives here?
It's my understanding that it changed this season. The initial 10 games is the old rule, I believe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it had been Booker I'd have been very disappointed in him. I expect better from him and pretty much for the rest of the roster too but I have no such expectations for Ayton. He seems like a nice guy and I think he has a world of potential but I have no confidence in his emotional maturity. So, I'm disappointed that we will be without him for up to 25 games.

ah. gotcha. that makes sense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FWIW, if the suspension starts tomorrow and it is 25 games, Ayton would return for the December 17 game @ LAC

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Wow that sucks.....Our most promising player is a confirmed idiot.....

TJ

Reaction score
IMO, fair suspension given the facts is 5 games.

think we can all agree that 25 games is completely excessive for a first-time offender

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. Wonder why the NBAPL thinks they can get this reduced. If he accidentally ingested it, why did he do so? Was he really covering up something?

On the bright side, we probably have a better chance of beating Denver now. Jokic usually owns Ayton.

Baynes and Kaminski play C.
Saric and Oubre play pf.
Mikal and Cam at sf.

I do not see a point in trying to add a center.

TJ

Reaction score
guess the silver lining here is to compare situation to PP over on the Cardinals. No one was rushing to that guy's defense when he got busted. At least it seems like there COULD be a chance this was an honest mistake, or at least the union is going to fight for it to look like one. the NFLPA didn't do jack-squat when PP was caught red-handed.

The NFLPA did fight, but lost the appeal. NFL drug suspensions aren’t announced until the player has gone thru the appeal process, which is why they’re rarely altered after they’re announced

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF...

How is a diuretic a banned substance? Is it supposed to be some kind of drug masking agent? Not getting this at all.

Yeah diuretics are often used as masking agents.

Man players just gotta stop saying yes when Trier's stepfather asks if they want a drink.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hmm. Wonder why the NBAPL thinks they can get this reduced. If he accidentally ingested it, why did he do so? Was he really covering up something?

On the bright side, we probably have a better chance of beating Denver now. Jokic usually owns Ayton.

Baynes and Kaminski play C.
Saric and Oubre play pf.
Mikal and Cam at sf.

I do not see a point in trying to add a center.
I have heard one thing that makes it being an accident seem more plausible and that is simply that it seems odd that he would use a known banned diuretic on purpose when there are almost certainly other options out there that wouldn't be caught.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
or maybe not.

smdh. maybe that's why he looked so aggressive last night. Roidrage in the house!!!

CURSED.
That’s a myth, steroids a athlete would take wouldn’t make them more aggressive. This isn’t a typical masking agent for anabolics but more likely I smoked weed down in the Bahamas.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Single positive versus multiple negatives. Horse crap

I had to read that 3 times to realize you weren't making fun of him saying unintentional mistake, since nobody makes mistakes intentionally.

FWIW diuretic doesn't necessarily mean it's a PED, people take diuretics to get all sorts of things out of their system, even just pot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wording in Woj's statement is odd he says followup tests showed no traces of any OTHER banned substances. does he mean as some said here he tested positive but followup tests were negative, or that the followup tests were negative for any other substances but the one he tested positive for, the diuretic?

The way I read it he means the latter, he tested positive for a diuretic, they gave him other tests looking for whatever drugs he may have been masking, and the tests came back negative, which is presumably why the NBAPA wants to get it reduced the later testing didn't find any actual drugs.

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Oh well. 1-0 and people think we are contenders...if anything this might light a fire under his butt. Baynes time

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
the wording in Woj's statement is odd he says followup tests showed no traces of any OTHER banned substances. does he mean as some said here he tested positive but followup tests were negative, or that the followup tests were negative for any other substances but the one he tested positive for, the diuretic?

The way I read it he means the latter, he tested positive for a diuretic, they gave him other tests looking for whatever drugs he may have been masking, and the tests came back negative, which is presumably why the NBAPA wants to get it reduced the later testing didn't find any actual drugs.
No what this means is he didn’t have anything is his system other then what was reported. This is why anti-doping is a joke. It catches more people who aren’t really doping then who actually is. Anyone with enough research and money can beat a doping test it comes down to simple math. Then list of substances is ridiculous, caffeine is on that list, it’s not uncommon for athlete’s to be put on suspended sentences for having to much caffeine in there system.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
PED use in the NBA in one of the worst kept secrets in pro sports but I’d be surprised if he was using them. He doesn’t seem like the kind of person that’s competitive enough to go there.

I think about it more as older players trying recover quicker like Kobe and D-Wade going to their private doctors in other countries.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a myth, steroids a athlete would take wouldn’t make them more aggressive. This isn’t a typical masking agent for anabolics but more likely I smoked weed down in the Bahamas.

it was a joke.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh well. 1-0 and people think we are contenders...if anything this might light a fire under his butt. Baynes time

yeah but Baynes got 5 fouls in 9 minutes, and we now have no shot blocking.

kaminsky is going to be getting a lot of center minutes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose