OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legit D and a legit cupcake schedule.

I laugh so hard at this. People say this every year. Yet the Pats still navigate the playoffs and get to the SB almost every year and have 6 rings. They can only navigate the teams on the schedule. Regardless of how bad their division is as a whole they are the cream of the NFL and their schedule has no bearing on how good the team and franchise are.

I get being jealous of their success we all are... But come on man...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
There is a definite benefit to having hi home field and the playoff bye though

Also nice if you can get out of the regular season without grinding battles

Definitely a great team and organization and a consistently weak division doesn't take away what they've done..... It definitely does help though

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I laugh so hard at this. People say this every year. Yet the Pats still navigate the playoffs and get to the SB almost every year and have 6 rings. They can only navigate the teams on the schedule. Regardless of how bad their division is as a whole they are the cream of the NFL and their schedule has no bearing on how good the team and franchise are.

Looking at this season only, they have played an absolute kindergarten of a schedule. I am curious to see how they do on the back half of the schedule as it is considerably harder. So far this year they have played the steelers, dolphins, jetx 2x, bills, redskins, giants and jets. This weekend they play the browns. It is a cupcake schedule so far for sure outside of the bills, they got lucky in that regard.

Moving forward they have:
Ravens, eagles, cowboys, texans, chiefs, bengals, bills, patriots.

I actually have their defense in fantasy football and love how they have been playing but ultimately, they have not faced much of a challenge yet and they will have quite a few coming up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely a great team and organization and a consistently weak division doesn't take away what they've done..... It definitely does help though

the most interesting thing is that in the last 20 years, they dominate outside of their division and are much closer to a realistic record within their division. So, even though their division is always garbage, they have a much harder time beating their division opponents.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

I think both of these can be true.

Schedules dictate:
  • Seeding <- By far the most important thing. How many Byes have they had?
  • Overall health by sitting players at the end of games
  • Less stress on game plans allowing you to "show less" in order to win
  • The ability to try new crap after you have built a huge lead. Like a WR at RB or a LBer at Fullback.
  • They definitely have travel benefits being in the east.
In the end though, when you have the best coach ever and the best player ever at the most important position, you tend to win a crap ton of games.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at this season only, they have played an absolute kindergarten of a schedule. I am curious to see how they do on the back half of the schedule as it is considerably harder. So far this year they have played the steelers, dolphins, jetx 2x, bills, redskins, giants and jets. This weekend they play the browns. It is a cupcake schedule so far for sure outside of the bills, they got lucky in that regard.

Moving forward they have:
Ravens, eagles, cowboys, texans, chiefs, bengals, bills, patriots.

I actually have their defense in fantasy football and love how they have been playing but ultimately, they have not faced much of a challenge yet and they will have quite a few coming up.

mate you genuinely concerned about how they will fare moving forward? Even through the tougher part? They won’t go undefeated but this is a13-14 win team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mate you genuinely concerned about how they will fare moving forward? Even through the tougher part? They won’t go undefeated but this is a13-14 win team.

I'm not concerned at all, I am just curious if they can keep up the act. Right now they are pacing as one of the all time best defensive seasons but again, they have only played one team with a winning record so far.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not concerned at all, I am just curious if they can keep up the act. Right now they are pacing as one of the all time best defensive seasons but again, they have only played one team with a winning record so far.

lol they’ll keep up the “act”

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol they’ll keep up the “act”

I don't mean act in a negative sense. I expect them to be a winning team, handily and only lose a few this year if any. I am simply discussing defensive results. I do not expect the below screenshot to continue at the pace it is vs good teams. Maybe more like 8-12 a week vs 20+ a week. I will be ecstatic if it continues though as it lines me up to win over $600 in week 16.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thank God @Chopper0080
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
lol...come on man...that is pennies on the dollar!!! Oh well. I might change my tune when I see what the extension looks like. I know we disagree on Williams, but I think we agree that we need to find a creative way to get an impact player on our defensive line. We don't have unlimited 1st round picks, and the "draft and develop" process is gonna waste Murray's rookie deal years and Chandler Jones prime.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave