Deandre Ayton facing 25 game suspension

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Deandre Ayton statement: “I want to apologize to my family, the entire Suns organization, my teammates, partners, our fans and the Phoenix community. This was an unintentional mistake and unfortunately I put something in my body that I was completely unaware of..." (Continued)

6:24 PM - 24 Oct 2019

***. These guys have the best trainers in the world and if they haven't read the damn CBA to know what they can and can not put in their body, they get what they deserve,

This is what ALL athletes say when they get busted. Freaking garbage.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Single positive versus multiple negatives. Horse crap

multiple negatives for something ELSE. And of course there would be multiple negatives for something else if he's taking a diuretic. That's the POINT OF TAKING THE DIURETIC.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN has the fully story up now.

Here is an excerpt from the Adrian Wojnarowski article :

The NBPA has the ability to expedite two cases a year with the league, and sources say it's likely they'll use one of them on Ayton to try to get him back on the court as soon possible.

The timing is terrible for the Suns, who beat Sacramento on opening night Wednesday behind 18 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks by Ayton.

Ayton would lose $2.17 million over a 25-game suspension.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...yton-tests-positive-diuretic-gets-25-game-ban

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Just can’t get out of their own way. There’s always something going down with this team that’s negative. Just when you think they’ve cleared out the nonsense...geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the NBA keeps samples for later testing. Cycling does that. So even if there are no banned substances found now and a newer test a few later can detect newer substances, they can get banned at a later time.

I mean...he did say EXACTLY what all athletes say and most of the time the substance they got caught taking is to mask. Diuretics are primarily used to reduce hypertension. I don't recall any stories about Ayton having high blood pressure.

If he doesn't have high blood pressure how do you accidentally take this?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he’s takin roids I guess he’s more competitive than I thought.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that the NBPA can only expedite 2 cases per year and the are choosing to expedite this case seems to be positive.

agreed. but I'm not getting my hopes up after his statement that was recycled from a thousand other cheaters over the years.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this team has a solid core and coaching staff, they can easily weather this.. they would have worked the Kings last night with or without him imo. Maybe this will be a wake-up call a young player can use for his own personal growth.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
agreed. but I'm not getting my hopes up after his statement that was recycled from a thousand other cheaters over the years.
I get what you’re saying but I mean from a PR perspective, that’s all they’re going to say.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
last season probably. but if you watched last night's game, he was making an impact on both ends of the floor.
I watched. He’s probably improved since last year, but I couldn’t help but notice how much better Doncic is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but I mean from a PR perspective, that’s all they’re going to say.

my comment was more in response to the couple of posters who thought something fishy was going on here with it possibly being a false positive. dude admitted he took something he shouldn't have. whether it was mistakenly or not, it's more likely than not that he's going to ride pine for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave