Kings @ Suns Wednesday 10-23-19 game thread

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Monty Williams is a thousand times the coach we had last year and the best coach we have had since Alvin Gentry.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have never believed it if someone told me that Booker would finish with a better shooting percentage this game than Hield.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen this much activity on defense from Phoenix in a very long time. 36 points allowed in the 2nd half. That’s incredible, especially given how hot Hield was in the first half

They did it last season in about a 7 day stretch when they beat the Bucks and the Warriors before they lost some players to injury.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Wow, it's early but this team looks good so far.

Let's hope they can keep it up for the whole season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need to figure out a way to keep Jevon Carter who is on a 1 year contract. He is a keeper. Really like his defense.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Three double-doubles and Oubre missed a fourth by one rebound. The starting lineup averaged a double-double except for the Power Forward.

I have confidence that the bench will continue to be used wisely to avoid fatigue.

All 5 starters and the 5 off the bench were all a "+". Only the last 3 who played less than one minute were each a "-1".

Another example of the key word for the Suns this season. BALANCE!

Last edited:

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Surprised some of the lineups were platoon swaps. Our bench is deep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most interesting stat on there is Kaminsky's plus/minus. I thought he played good, maybe he did, but he had the lowest of everyone who played a meaningful minute. That's something I'll try to watch for in the Denver game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My worry is
Booker has a double double, 22 points and 10 assists. Didn't expect that with Rubio here.

He just nailed a 3 so I edited this from 19 to 22 points.
And very good D in the second half. I am just fine with this type of game from Book.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No, not this good. That win was mostly due to 3 pt shooting if I remember correctly.

Yeah last year all you could take away from that game was that we can get hot and score.

This game had a totally different feel. We locked them down defensively. I dont know if I've ever typed that on this forum before!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The most interesting stat on there is Kaminsky's plus/minus. I thought he played good, maybe he did, but he had the lowest of everyone who played a meaningful minute. That's something I'll try to watch for in the Denver game.
I'd also watch Saric as the starting Power Forward. Kaminsky had 9/4/2 in less minutes than Saric's 7/4/0 (points, rebounds and assists).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah last year all you could take away from that game was that we can get hot and score.

This game had a totally different feel. We locked them down defensively. I dont know if I've ever typed that on this forum before!

It feels so right... something the Suns have not been able to accomplish in recent memory.

Did I say Ayton had 4 blocks and altered or changed many more shots.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels so right... something the Suns have not been able to accomplish in recent memory.

Did I say Ayton had 4 blocks and altered or changed many more shots.

I was going to mention that 4 blocks. I knew he had 2, for sure, but glad to see 4 on there. Hopefully he can continue racking them up. I want to see him get over 100 this season. I don't think that's asking too much, especially based on how he's started.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention that 4 blocks. I knew he had 2, for sure, but glad to see 4 on there. Hopefully he can continue racking them up. I want to see him get over 100 this season. I don't think that's asking too much, especially based on how he's started.

I saw Ayton make a couple of blocks but it's the shots that he changed I really noticed.

The Kings passing up shots inside really caught my attention. Blocks do not always tell the story but tonight they were a true indicator of Ayton playing good defense.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Imagine how good this team could be if it had even one NBA caliber power forward...

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I absolutely loved the line up rotation. Book didn't play a minute at PG. And neither did Johnson. They both pretty much took all 48 of the minutes at SG while Rubio/Carter took the full 48 at PG.

I don't love what I saw from our PF spot, but we didn't need it tonight. Although Frank did a good job cleaning up garbage.

Ayton continues to be a force around the rim. And that shot is silky smooth.

I'm one of the first to harp on the D, but we played absolutely top notch in the 2nd half. Even Booker had really good moments on D. Never seen him do that. You can tell Monty is preaching championship basketball (aka... Defense).

Carter and Bridges off the bench is lethal on D. They really free up Frank to focus on offense. Johnson played very well at SG. It wasn't just his shooting either. Loved our bench tonight.