What is up with the green Cardinals hat?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This has to do with the thread I posted about earlier; the guy that sits with K1 on the bench. He is the quarterbacks assistant coach, Cameron Turner.
Nope it’s Dave Raih & he doesn’t wear the green hat all the time. There are times on offense when he has it on & times on offense when he doesn’t.

Hmmmm

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh, man. After seeing that green cap, I imagine every one on here will want one now. :D.
I know I do . :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think the one the dude wears on the sideline has a red cardinal though.

Well as a Fine Art professor who taught color theory for three years, there is something called simultaneous contrast where a large field of one color with imply its compliment to a small field of color. Meaning the compliment of green is red, so the light color field between a large space of green will appear red, though I actually think as you that is an actual red cardinal on that cap but this cap is close enough to fulfill the green cap fascination... I think I am going to buy one just because it's freaking strange, though I am not even Irish lol

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had a friend who played WR for UCLA, then became their WR coach. He always wore a long white towel around his neck so the players could spot him easily.

The green hat is certainly...umm...distinctive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy I go to games with is Irish and wants that hat bad. He mentions it every game.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No I've seen it too. Green hat with the normal red Cardinals logo. It's not for sale.
Watch the re-run of the Giant game and the sideline footage of coaches speaking with players. There are two coaches wearing the emerald green bb cap.

Cap itself is emerald green. Cardinal logo is the traditional red, black and yellow one.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, man. After seeing that green cap, I imagine every one on here will want one now. :D.
I know I do . :)

I no longer need to know why companies pay huge $$ for product placement in movies, videos etc....

Years ago...I thought I was the last person on earth with a windows computer, because 99 out of every 100 computers I saw in film were Apple.

When in reality, it's the exact opposite lol.

For the record, I think it's butt-ugly... About the only solid color I think the redbird would look worse on....is purple, Yellow would be up there too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green & red are great Christmas colors. Christmas is right around playoff time, so I'm fine with mixing the two colors. And since my wife is 100% Irish, it would make for a perfect Christmas gift!!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time you go to costco... - can you see if the one you go to has the embroidered Cardinal logo on a Kelley green hat? the ones by me only have white. i will pay you + shipping if you could send me some. i need XL. if you're outside of AZ please check as well :)

JTS

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Next time you go to costco... - can you see if the one you go to has the embroidered Cardinal logo on a Kelley green hat? the ones by me only have white. i will pay you + shipping if you could send me some. i need XL. if you're outside of AZ please check as well :)

JTS
Lol. I wonder how many posters have enough ASFN vintage to know what you’re talking about. Awesome pull from ASFN history.