Reaction score
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot

Release date: October 15, 2019
Studio: Saban Films
Director: Kevin Smith
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Kevin Smith
Genre: Comedy

Starring: Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Grant Gustin, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh, Rosario Dawson

Plot Summary: "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" will play as a direct follow-up to 2001’s "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back." In the sequel, the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old "Bluntman & Chronic Movie" they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably watch it but this seems purely a fan film. I get the irony of it all but we'll see. The original was amazing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kevin Smith has been dead to me ever since he decided his fans would buy anything and just began putting out absolute crap to get weed money. He's just sad any longer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt money is an issue for Kevin, I think he just knows he has a niche group and thinks feeding them is the way to go.

Ultimately, he has no releases of value to my knowledge outside of the core clerks, mallrats, dogma, clerks 2 and The first version of this movie.

I would have been more interested in the mallrats sequels they tried to do than this movie but w/e

I need to go back and watch Dogma. I havent seen it in a REALLY long time. So good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt money is an issue for Kevin, I think he just knows he has a niche group and thinks feeding them is the way to go.

Ultimately, he has no releases of value to my knowledge outside of the core clerks, mallrats, dogma, clerks 2 and The first version of this movie.

I would have been more interested in the mallrats sequels they tried to do than this movie but w/e

I need to go back and watch Dogma. I havent seen it in a REALLY long time. So good.

Love all those movies. Will see this too.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What...no love for Chasing Amy? :shrug:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His movies make me laugh. I hope this one does too. Every film doesn't need to be Oscar worthy. No one is being forced to watch. :shrug:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've actually never seen it and everyone has told me I am not missing much. I intended to see it, especially because I love the girl in it but never have.

It's his best movie!!!! My username here is from one of the main characters of the movie, Banky Edwards and Brodie Bruce from Mallrats.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's his best movie!!!! My username here is from one of the main characters of the movie, Banky Edwards and Brodie Bruce from Mallrats.
I've never seen braveheart

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it either. Never seen Mallrats. Only Jay & Silent Bob, Clerks, & Dogma. Dogma is a great movie. I'm with BRR & need to watch it again.

Clerks, Dogma, and Mallrats are my top three KS movies. Amy was pretty good, but drags a little imo.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it either. Never seen Mallrats. Only Jay & Silent Bob, Clerks, & Dogma. Dogma is a great movie. I'm with BRR & need to watch it again.
oh man....watch clerks 2. Its like clerks dialogue with jay and silent bobs humor. GREAT movie.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Chasing Amy is his best film.

I can see that. It's been a while, I should pull it out of the collection one of these weekends and give it a re-watch. He really broke new ground for himself on that one.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I watched half of Jay & Silent Bob Reboot last night on Amazon Prime. It was pretty terrible. I remember thinking J&SB Strike Back was funny when I was 18...I'm guessing that movie hasn't aged well. I wonder if I will still find mallrats funny.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife laughed and enjoyed this movie. Love how they were in essence making fun of themselves for a crappy reboot/sequel.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched half of Jay & Silent Bob Reboot last night on Amazon Prime. It was pretty terrible. I remember thinking J&SB Strike Back was funny when I was 18...I'm guessing that movie hasn't aged well. I wonder if I will still find mallrats funny.
I still love the original. I dont have much hope for remaking it as satire but I will watch. I saw it is on amazon prime now.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

I found the Reboot marginally funny. It's not something I'll watch again. I didn't really care for the original either though

I haven't rewatched Mallrats but I watched Chasing Amy not long ago and it didn't age well. It didn't have the charm that I thought it had when I first saw it in the 90s. Based on that I'm guessing Mallrats hasn't either. I thought it was a bit more juvenile than Amy back in the day and that's usually not a good sign for holding up. I'm wondering now how well Dogma held up. I might have to dust it off.