Would you rather...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

double that.

that said, y'all know it's gonna be "brees is rusty... and has the best game of his career!" type of day if that's what we wish for.

i'd almost get Teddy and have the Saints think they can breeze past this game and get to the bye and really get everyone healthy... which could give us an outside chance at a shocker.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Brees, so we can end his career as the Saints did to Warner in their house, just kidding, probably Brees so we can play their best but whoever if it means a win... Alvin Kamara is the guy who I want to sit out :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely Brees. Teddy presents more options for their offense right now. Brees can kill us with his accuracy, but has to be a little rusty, especially if we make him uncomfortable. Either way, we need to pressure the QB, or it'll get ugly. We need to stay turnover free to have any shot at keeping this game respectable.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Bridgewater has pretty much been lighting it up, posting a 98.9 QB rating through six games (He's not really a threat to run however, with just 39 yards on 20 attempts in 2019). Nine TDs vs. only two INTs.

No reason to believe that Bridgewater + the Saints D on their home turf would not handle the Cardinals.

However, putting Brees back in might possibly break up the continuity they have on offense. It might take a game for Drew to game back into a good rhythm. Kind of doubtful, since Brees is a legit top five QB of all time, a a pro's pro, but it seems like the better option vs. a red hot Teddy B.

If it's Brees, we need to hit him a couple of times early. Get him thinking about it. It may be a forlorn hope, but it's better than none at all.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Either QB we play against there will be an excuse as to why we win if we do by all the media & analysts. Win against Teddy "they won against a backup QB & didn't have to face Brees". Win against Brees "Drew Brees has been out for 6 weeks, he's obviously rusty & not back to form yet". I can hear it now.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Bridgewater has pretty much been lighting it up, posting a 98.9 QB rating through six games (He's not really a threat to run however, with just 39 yards on 20 attempts in 2019). Nine TDs vs. only two INTs.

No reason to believe that Bridgewater + the Saints D on their home turf would not handle the Cardinals.

However, putting Brees back in might possibly break up the continuity they have on offense. It might take a game for Drew to game back into a good rhythm. Kind of doubtful, since Brees is a legit top five QB of all time, a a pro's pro, but it seems like the better option vs. a red hot Teddy B.

If it's Brees, we need to hit him a couple of times early. Get him thinking about it. It may be a forlorn hope, but it's better than none at all.
Better hit Brees rather quickly, he gets rid of the ball, doesn't hold it long, his passes are out in a flash.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridgewater as Brees will just carve us up. Whichever one it turns out to be the defense better get pressure on him or it's going to be a long day. Maybe it will be a trap game for the Saints with their bye week coming up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Lol @ ppl choosing Brees because he'll be "rusty". That's the most ridiculous statement ever. Dude is one of the best QB's to ever play. That would be like choosing Matt Cassel over TB...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Brees is a first-ballot HoF. Bridgewater is an average to above average QB.

I've watched Brees carve up the Cardinals enough in my life, so I don't care about the nostalgia factor. I just want to win.