Matthew Berry Cardinals Rant

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Trolling is trolling. How riled up you get people just explains just how effective the trolling was. That being said I do think some people are very much overreacting the the Cards tweet.
All I can think of reading about trolls.....
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Reaction score
Not sure the twitter guy told people to start David Johnson.

This. If anyone that plays fantasy football & doesn't research their players, don't know what they are doing.

Reaction score
lol. Some of you guys need a life if this gets you riled up. worries me for your health.

For all of you that poo poo fantasy football, you’re missing out. I’ve been playing since 1988. One continuous league with largely same guys from law school since 1991. That’s 28 years. It’s a reason to get together in a different city every year for a draft. It’s a reason to stay in touch even though we are sprinkled across the country. It’s a reason to enjoy football during many lean years of cardinal football. And finally, if you have a good bunch of friends playing, it’s actually fun.
OMG! You're Ruxin!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I base trolling on success of riling people up. If someone says stuff to attempt to troll and nobody cares, I don’t consider that person a troll, more like a wannabe troll.
Lol. So if someone attempts to troll in an empty forest it’s not a troll.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And you’ve completely missed the point!
How so?

You say the Cardinals twitter guy is trolling, I am ssying they are simply giving it back to those complaining, via flippin' twitter, about what "the Cardinals did" to thier FFootball team.

People can dish it out on the internet, but they cannot take it.

Hope none of these complainers, and Mr. Berry do not follow Wendys.

Sidenote: I do not see any benefit to FFootball outside of the social aspects of it. Much like you, the draft us the best part, and its not because of choosing football players

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I play with friends from HS and that's really the only draw. I do almost no research before my draft but I do manage my team. We have an unwritten rule in the league, one of the top teams right now the guy is getting crapped on because he had 3 open spots in his lineup this past weekend due to byes. We call it faking it where instead of trying to win in a week with byes by picking up a player here or there you just go with your base lineup with empty spots and have the excuse well I was busy blah blah.

I don't like star wars, agree on cruises. I love soccer but I tend to only watch the World Cup I can't watch it regularly.

Fishing is just a whole other thing, you're out of the city on the water. It's more of a zen thing I don't like fishing as a competitive sport but fishing to relax and unwind is tough to beat.

The only time I’ve tried it was from paying $250 for a beginners class because a gal I liked family was big into fly fishing.

The things we do for...

companionship

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
How so?

You say the Cardinals twitter guy is trolling, I am ssying they are simply giving it back to those complaining, via flippin' twitter, about what "the Cardinals did" to thier FFootball team.

Sidenote: I do not see any benefit to FFootball outside of the social aspects of it. Much like you, the draft us the best part, and its not because of choosing football players

Just because you don't understand FF doesn't make it bad or less then.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so?

much like Ouchie, my draft is made up of a lot of high school friends from yesteryear, so I love FF for the draft and getting to talk trash to OG friends all season. secondary perk is it add juice to almost every game... which during incredibly atrocious Cardinals seasons, gives me at least a little more rooting interest in watching all season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I’ve tried it was from paying $250 for a beginners class because a gal I liked family was big into fly fishing.

The things we do for...

companionship

Fly fishing is like crack if crack were really expensive. It's gotten cheaper(flyfishing not crack) but it's still expensive. Addictive though I love it. With fly fishing you are so focused on your casting that even if you're not getting fish, you're still locked in.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Just because you don't understand FF doesn't make it bad or less then.
FF doesn't effect anything more than gambling has for decades.

Sports betting is sports betting.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
much like Ouchie, my draft is made up of a lot of high school friends from yesteryear, so I love FF for the draft and getting to talk trash to OG friends all season. secondary perk is it add juice to almost every game... which during incredibly atrocious Cardinals seasons, gives me at least a little more rooting interest in watching all season.
I’v been in one league since 2003 with a bunch of former coworkers from my television days. Also part of the ASFN P&R league. I like it because it gives me something to do while satisfying my competition itch at little to no cost.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How so?

The complainers or just venting. They’re individuals. Who cares. The cardinals are a professional football team. A business. Their goal is to make money. The best way to make money? Cultivate fans. Don’t make fun of them. If the complainers have DJ on their team they are following the cards. They may never become actual cardinals fans, but that’s the new reality with NFL - fantasy football matters to their business. I’d venture to guess that (a) fantasy football has added an additional 10-15% of fans that wouldn’t have paid attention to football otherwise and (b) jibes better with a younger generation who tend to follow players more than teams (at least from what I’m seeing from my boys’ friends). Smart franchises take what they can get. All that they can get. Trolling potential purchasers of your merch is, in a word, stupid business.

and man you sound really old saying fantasy football offers no value outside the social concept. I was a voracious football fan my whole life. But it wasn’t until starting to okay fantasy football back in the 80’s and 90’s that I gained a true appreciation for players that weren’t (a) on my favorite team; (b) the superest of superstars; or (c) on the best teams. For instance our first year playing reed, Thurman Thomas and Kelly went undrafted. They weren’t the super bowl bills yet. But we learned about them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson