Kings @ Suns Wednesday 10-23-19 game thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to get this season rolling so I'm putting up the game thread a bit early so we have plenty of time to talk about the Suns season opener and get updates for the game.

On Wednesday the Kings visit the Suns for a 7 p.m. Arizona time game. It's the season opener for both teams.

It will be televised on FSAZ.

This is from a Duane Rankin article at azcentral:

Suns vs. Sacramento Kings, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Talking Stick Resort Arena
— This is the season opener for both teams. The Kings beat the Suns, 105-88, in a preseason game in Sacramento. Former Suns head coach Igor Kokoskov and players Richaun Holmes and Trevor Ariza are now with the Kings. Kokoskov joined Sacramento as an assistant after being fired after one season as Phoenix's head coach.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-phoenix-suns-playoff-aspirations/4050535002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is thinking playoffs and Monty Williams has not discouraged him.

"For us at this point, it's the playoffs, whatever seed that is," Booker said after Saturday's practice. "It's not going to be easy in the West and we know that. The wild West is tough this year. It is every year, so we know it's going to have to be consistent work."

"It should be," Williams said. "That's something that if you're not playing for that, then why are you playing? I've heard all the stuff, and everybody is entitled to their opinion, but if that's not what we're fighting for, then you probably won't be around me long. That’s not something that we put out there lightly, but we know we're in the tough West, but we're a part of it. We feel like we're one of the teams that people are going to look at and say that's not a night off anymore."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-phoenix-suns-playoff-aspirations/4050535002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the Kings game the Suns have tough back-to-back games at Denver on Friday and back home to face the Clippers on Saturday.

Then the Jazz visit on Monday. It's a very tough early season schedule.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go suns start the season rightt...

Looking forward to seeing ayton rubio booker cam johnson saric

Hoping for a fun competitive season

Lol hope suns make waking up for dentist appointment ok....

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Cam, Saric, Oubre, Bridges and Rubio. I most worried about Booker, if he can play within the new system off the ball and sustain some type of good defense. I'm also worried if Kaminsky can produce like he did in pre-season. Ayton we will have to watch his blocks, rim protection, challenged shots and free throws per game. Maybe bridges offensive shooting percentage, he will not get a ton of shots up due to all the shooters we have now, but he'll need to make a decent percentage of the ones he takes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is in the air.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh hopefully bookers finger doesn't linger, now Jerome's ankle, and Cams calf. I was really looking forward to watching Cam play.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll get at least one win of the first 4 games, and Ayton should be at the line at least once. If anybody on the other team gets a technical he's shooting it!

I am excited but I am expecting disappointment. Sure it looks good on paper to have real NBA guys on the court in Suns uniforms, but I really doubt they'll be clicking on all cylinders from the start. Looking for some chemistry and some enthusiasm out there, like we had on the 4 game win streak last year. I fondly remember the defensive intensity. First time I've seen since I became a Suns fan about thirty years ago...

Go Suns!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What i am not worried about is Oubre, he's our glue i believe, he sets the tone and attitude for this team. If he's ready to go, then the rest of the team will follow.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Johnson, 23, is going to have a more difficult path to playing time than Jerome. With Kelly Oubre Jr. and Mikal Bridges commanding so many minutes on the wing, it will be a challenge for Williams to squeeze in Johnson to the team’s rotation. Like Jerome, though, Johnson has been one of the names that has had the most buzz throughout training camp and the preseason.

Cam is going to have to get some minutes at the two guard. I watched the Suns preseason special and they mentioned two guard for him. If he shoots as advertised, he will get minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope Ty Jerome and Cam Johnson get back soon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got a good night rest ill be watching gm tonight!

Go ayton rubio and the young core

Start the season right