OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
What I want to know is.... Who exactly are the Patriots cutting to keep adding these guys? Feels almost like they have an exemption from the league for unlimited roster spots.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I want to know is.... Who exactly are the Patriots cutting to keep adding these guys? Feels almost like they have an exemption from the league for unlimited roster spots.
Patriots cut Jordan Richards after signing Justin Bethel

The Patriots are cutting core special teams player Jordan Richards after coming to terms with Justin Bethel, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

Richards joined the team Oct. 2 and played 59 special teams snaps in three games.

Richards was with the Falcons last season, starting 12 games.

The Patriots drafted him in the second round in 2015, and Richards played 41 games in his first three seasons in New England.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
ESPN ticker is saying his season is done.:shrug:
Technically yes. I saw another post though that said he was just about healthy and even tried to practice this week... But the Patriots decide to put them on IR anyway... And when he's healthy he'll get released.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
ESPN ticker is saying his season is done.:shrug:
Technically yes. I saw another post though that said he was just about healthy and even tried to practice this week... But the Patriots decide to put them on IR anyway... And when he's healthy he'll get released.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ah now I understand.:)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Interesting. So Patriots don't want to play him though their offense absolutely needs Gordon. Wondering what the hell is going on!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
10/23/19, 4:06 PM
All players go through waivers when released starting next Wednesday (the day after the trading deadline). So, even though Josh Gordon is a vested veteran, he’d go on waivers if the #Patriots cut him off IR after that ... meaning the likes of the #Dolphins would have first crack.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nowhere near a Gordon level talent. They may be seeing some "signs" again and not willing to risk his issues again.
With one elite season and a ton of problems since then, I mostly shrug him off as a player. His stats outside of one elite season are very WR2 ish and Sanu can do that fine but be reliable at the same time.

Jmo

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA