H'lo Cards...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Do you guys expect Edmonds to get the bulk of the carries? Will Johnson play?
I think they kept DJ out because of this matchup. We will really need the 2 RB sets to disrupt their LB'ers and chip their DE's.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Do you guys expect Edmonds to get the bulk of the carries? Will Johnson play?

I do. I don't think DJ is playing. And the saints are going to play Bridgewater, why risk it against a .500 team going into a bye with the record y'all have?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Maybe, but that works both ways...there are things we do with Drew that we would never try with Teddy...all I can say is Saints fans sure want Drew to play as soon as he's healthy...

Brees is a better QB than Bridgewater, and that really is not even open to discussion, no matter the circumstances. What is so impressive is that the Saints with their consistent talent around him and coaching, have allowed Teddy to excel. Bridgewater is not a bad QB, and I would say above average (he was progressing just fine till his freak injury with the Vikings), and even good in spurts but Brees can take you for everything you own and Bridgewater will just take your wallet when dissecting a defense... it's the Saints finally having a defense which is making these guys gel, and the Cardinals being a young team is the perfect match for Brees to knock the rust off because they are going to need him in the playoffs if they face a guy like Rodgers in a shootout

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it for a while now. The Saints are the best team in the NFC and maybe the NFL.

I simply don't know how our defense can hold up against the Saints. Even if Kamara can't play Murray will shred us on the inside. He did it to us last year.

The only way we can win this game is with 3 or 4 six to eight minute touchdown drives and turnovers. Nobody expects the Cards to go into New Orleans and win. I hope we go in there and play loosey goosey and have some fun.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I am with you guys that this could get ugly real fast. Like, 24-0 midway through the 2nd quarter bad. New Orleans (Brees or not) is a top 3 squad in the NFL right now. Our only hope is complacence. Hold out Brees and Kamara till after the bye, coming off a huge game in Chicago, looking at their individual travel itineraries for the next weekend, knowing that they have a division that is easily winnable regardless.

Of course there is always a "chance". But I would be hard pressed to say that we will be even competitive on Sunday. And I think Brees doesn't go because they know they can win without him. Just like we did with DJ in New York.

Kyler, the WR's (including Kirk), and the O-Line will have to be in sync like never before. Affording him the time to look down the field on throws. it's the only way we can even keep it close IMO.

NO is full of fast defenders who tackle well, cover a lot of ground, and make impact tackles. If we try our horizontal attack on this defense we will get clobbered like a hot girl on Bourbon Street.

Must look long, deep dig routes, with dagger like accuracy. Combine that with a fast and ferocious run attack and we may be able to run with you guys for a little while.

In the end though....... I give our defense a 2 out of 10 drives chance of stopping you from scoring. Maybe 3 out of 10 with PP back there. And I don't see us jacking up 35 points.

My main question is: Will Kamara be ready? Or will they hold him out through the bye as well?

Considering how Murray played yesterday against the Bears I don't think it will matter.

Carries -27
Yards - 119
Avg - 4.4
TDs - 2
Catches - 5
Yards - 31

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The saints should telll Murray to change his name because this is confusing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to discussing football with you guys and the game Sunday...I hope some of you are able to travel down to New Orleans for the game..it is a very unique experience...

I have yet to see your team play this year, but I have noticed the rebound since the disappointing start...what are some things we can expect to see from your team Sunday?

In the 1981 draft, the Saints used the #1 overall pick to select George Rogers, RB, South Carolina.

Guess who was selected with the 2nd overall pick? :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kyler plays turnover free football and moves the ball.. I think it can be a game. But this game will be all about our d getting pressure on Bridgewater imo. If they don't.. Payton will make us pay.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe, but that works both ways...there are things we do with Drew that we would never try with Teddy...all I can say is Saints fans sure want Drew to play as soon as he's healthy...
You know you've become comfortable as a fan when you win and it's still not good enough... Haha ;) jk I get where you're coming from..

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We'll probably surprise you guys with an early HUGE TD run which will momentarily silence your insanely loud crowd, but then we'll go on to lose like 900-7 and you guys knock our starting QB into retirement...

Oh wait I'm just having a terrible flashback, nevermind.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We'll probably surprise you guys with an early HUGE TD run which will momentarily silence your insanely loud crowd, but then we'll go on to lose like 900-7 and you guys knock our starting QB into retirement...

Oh wait I'm just having a terrible flashback, nevermind.

That is what happened when I was there, we went down and scored a TD on the first drive and then lost like 45 to 10 or something crazy like that.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really think our misdirection offense can slow down the rush...

The issue ultimately is we need either a gamebreaker or threat to beat them over the top. Just gotta hope the Saints injuries on on the outside evens out with our WR play.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I watched that Tim Hightower run on a cruise to the Panama Canal and yelled like a mad man up and down that ship. Then Greg Williams and Bounty Gate happened. We got Tim Donaghey & Gregg Williams. How did we become the bad karma sports state?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump. Nobody thought we were going to win this game. And we were right.

Let’s get ready for a spooky Halloween night and hope for the best.