Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gortat was sent packing when McD arrived. They only shared an offseason together. He was here throughout the Blanks & Babby era and was also present for the Lindsey Hunter debacle.

I'm glad Hunter hasn't been given another coaching job in the league. He's been coaching in the college the last few years as an assistant for the University of Buffalo and was named the head coach for Mississippi Valley State this summer.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Gortat was sent packing when McD arrived. They only shared an offseason together. He was here throughout the Blanks & Babby era and was also present for the Lindsey Hunter debacle.

I'm glad Hunter hasn't been given another coaching job in the league. He's been coaching in the college the last few years as an assistant for the University of Buffalo and was named the head coach for Mississippi Valley State this summer.

From what we've observed over the past decade, most of Gortat's article is true.

Except for not mentioning that Chriss' IQ (basketball and otherwise) was lacking.

Perhaps an astute management team might have been able to help improve that.

But not in the Suns decade of constant turnover in the Front Office and players.

They were neither successful innovators nor maintainers. They were dysfunctional.

Last edited:

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got an email not long ago the Suns are selling a monthly subscription for tickets. For $49 you get tickets to the upper deck, up to six games. Great excuse to get out to the arena for anybody looking for it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears Saric will not be extended.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fans are nervous as well nearing the opener.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It appears Saric will not be extended.

Which tells me the Suns were not that impressed with what they have seen of Saric so far in camp and preseason.

Of course, he will have the whole season to possibly change that impression, but it indicates they don't see him as a part of a future nucleus until he does.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which tells me the Suns were not that impressed with what they have seen of Saric so far in camp and preseason.

Of course, he will have the whole season to possibly change that impression, but it indicates they don't see him as a part of a future nucleus until he does.

It's also possible the Suns do not want to pay Saric the money he might command in free agency.

My guess he might be worth in the order of $15 million or more per season in free agency. With the Suns in the market for another star, they are not in position to tie up all their future money in an unproven player. They could still go after him next summer if he proves his worth.

Also the Suns are in position to trade for a star at the trade deadline using Tyler Johnson's $19,245,370 expiring contract as a chip. This is an intriguing possibility.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 216 pounds, he is hardly a "power" forward.

I know this is reportedly Saric's new weight but I am still looking for a website that shows it.

Even NBA.com still shows him at 225 pounds.

Do you have a source that lists accurate measurements for all the players?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is reportedly Saric's new weight but I am still looking for a website that shows it.

I'm sending a tweet to Kellen Olson to ask him where that updated info might be. I tried checking the Suns media guide on their website but that lists the old info, thought I'd pass that info along so you don't go searching there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was Mike from the Timeline who tweeted info on the changes before. He said it was from NBA.com but when he goes there now it shows the old stuff as well. So who knows what happened. Maybe they'll update it soon because he said the page looked different altogether.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

I just looked at the NBA stats for individual players.
It shows his weight as 216.

https://stats.nba.com/player/203967/

When I posted, I saw three or four other sites that
showed him at 215.

But I see there are other sites that list Saric at 222-230.

I wonder if the 216 is part of the new truth-in-reporting
issue, but I thought that was only for height. :shrug:

Otherwise, OK, he weighs between 223-230, which is
fine for a Power Forward.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just looked at the NBA stats for individual players.
It shows his weight as 216.

https://stats.nba.com/player/203967/

When I posted, I saw three or four other sites that
showed him at 215.

But I see there are other sites that list Saric at 222-230.

I wonder if the 216 is part of the new truth-in-reporting
issue, but I thought that was only for height. :shrug:

Otherwise, OK, he weighs between 223-230, which is
fine for a Power Forward.
Too much emphasis is put on measurements. Saric is well within the measured range of a potential forward, I’m far more concerned about skill and tenacity.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA.com has been back and forth all day with their listed heights and weights. I took a screenshot of what appears to be the updated data though and unlike the tweet that was previously quoted, Ayton is listed at 6'11.

Here is a link

You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns! Hope for atleast more wins with new core

Hoping to see ayton improvement as well with other rookies

Sucks on zion injury if he can bounce back from injury pelicans could have a top pick again to pair with zion

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets go suns! Hope for atleast more wins with new core

Hoping to see ayton improvement as well with other rookies

Sucks on zion injury if he can bounce back from injury pelicans could have a top pick again to pair with zion

I'm confident that we'll have more wins with our new core although probably not enough to make everyone happy here.

I'm also confident that Ayton will show improvement but again, probably not enough to make everyone happy here.

Unfortunately, Zion is out for probably a couple of months due to that Meniscus tear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose