Design your #1 WR trade for Cardinals

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is very cute to think Cardinals are going to get a #1 WR in first round in next years draft. Remember who is going to make that pick. It’s ok say his name. You guessed it right. It is Steve Keim. We all know he is going to select a Hasson Reddick of WRs picking in the low teens of next years draft.

Without a true #1 WR (or someone close to a #1) this offense cannot be 100% ever. It is not possible to correctly evaluate KK and KM

My #1 option would be trade for Mike Evans for first round and a middle round pick next year. Front load the money on a long term deal and go.

My #2 option is get on Stefan Diggs for two second round picks.

So, design your trade to get Cardinals a #1 receiver.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd send our first for Julio. He's a freak with 3-4 more years of #1 WR production. IMO.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd send our first for Julio. He's a freak with 3-4 more years of #1 WR production. IMO.

Just a first for Julio will not get it done. That will be a bad trade for Cardinals if it happens I think. And Julio will be 31 by the time of the trade.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
I'd go for Davante Adams of Green Bay. They seem to have depth at WR and have been winning without him. Another name that comes to mind is Terry McLaurin of the Redskins. He's having a good year, despite being on a bad team. Since the Redskins may go into a rebuild, he seems one of the few players they can get anything for. I know they wouldn't want to get rid of him since he will only be in his second year, but they may just want more draft picks for next season, like Miami. In my opinion, I'd avoid trading a first or second rounder for an older receiver, like Julio Jones, whose best years may be behind him. That's just speculation. And WRs can be hard to predict, since their performance is so related to the QB and OL. I'm very surprised that the Browns haven't been able to do more with Odell Beckham and they gave up a lot to get him. So sometimes it's hard to measure the impact of a WR.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No trade. Stick to the plan and build the defense. Develop the three receivers who were drafted in the last draft and add one more tops. Christian Kirk is a solid #1.5 when healthy

Kirk can never be more than a #2 in any system even on full health. Think of it like this. Let's say Kirk will be as good as Edelman next year. Can Edelman be a #1? Why do the patriots need to go after a Josh Gordon, AB, Cooks when Edelman is playing for them. Because Edelman types are better in any system with a true #1 WR.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
We will have a shot at ceedee lamb or justin jefferson next year. I don't think atl will trade Julio becuase they are likely scared no one will show up.
If the browns implode, go for obj

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
3rd-5th rounder for DeVante Parker been hoping Keim would make this move since last year when I heard he was benched.

Mostly every one is naming 15m+ receivers that'll take a 1st rd + more, no thank you to that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t need stars at WR just guys that are good and can actually stretch the field.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully next years draft will revert back to the old form when WRs were not taken in the top 10. There is not immediate need to go for a trade this year. The Cards may be playing well but this division is strong and 3 teams have a head start on the Cards. Off season of free agents and draft will be the right time.

The Patman kid WR @ WSU might be great fit .

https://wsucougars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2099

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Major housecleaning in Atlanta. Arthur Blank doesn't like to lose & this mess is beyond repair.
Quinn will most likely be the sacrificial lamb, but does Dimitroff survive? If he doesn't, would he be a candidate to replace Keim. Just askin'?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man a 2 for a 30 year old Wr in Sanu who's not a #1 at all. Makes sense if you are the best team in football and want to add a Wr, the 2 is end of 2nd round. For just about anybody else it's nuts. But for the Pats they want to win now it makes sense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Man a 2 for a 30 year old Wr in Sanu who's not a #1 at all. Makes sense if you are the best team in football and want to add a Wr, the 2 is end of 2nd round. For just about anybody else it's nuts. But for the Pats they want to win now it makes sense.
Rutgers + Schiano = Sanu

It's been said that other than Saban, BB respects Schiano above all others.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I wanted AJ Brown from ole Miss last year. I think he can be a #1.

I like Zay Jones too. Speaking of Buffalo, John Brown is having another pretty good year. Wonder what happened here? Maybe he needed longer recovery time from sickle cell.