Need a laugh? Watch First Take Compare Murray and Jones

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was another big play I think a 4th down conversion where he got into I can't decide mode. He was trying to cut in front to break it up and then at the last minute decided he was going to just hit the Wr instead. So he didn't touch the pass and the hit on the WR was nothing and the guy caught the ball and held on easily.

He just doesn't have the ball hawking instincts you need. He correctly figured out where Jones was throwing the ball and had a good break on it, just didn't close fast enough or decisively enough to actually break it up.
To be fair, he did have a key breakup right before the Peterson forced fumble.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Budda was rightfully called out in that video for not making a play on the Ellison TD. He seemed gun shy to me.

He had no chance on the ball. If he blows up the TE, he gets a unnecessary roughness penalty. He was in no man's land there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
So blow him up, break up the touchdown and make em score from wherever the penalty would’ve put it.

Do NOT: just let him catch it and truck you for a touchdown.

I know it's not often called towards a defender's favor but he has a right to the ball too and should have moved aggressively forward instead of sitting back. One cannot hope for a overthrow when that is not the QB's intent... I agree, even a PI is a better outcome than a score :raccoon:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had no chance on the ball. If he blows up the TE, he gets a unnecessary roughness penalty. He was in no man's land there.

disagree he was just in no mans land because he chose to be. he didn't know whether to make a play on the ball or hit the guy, so he did neither.

Also agree with Ouchie if you can't get there, drill the guy(not at the head) and break the play up. If they call a penalty so be it, first and goal from the 3 is better than a TD.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Can't say that I came away overly impressed with Danny Dimes. The INT by hicks was a pretty bad throw (IMO), and when we started hitting him, that was pretty much it. He was done.

I guess if I had to wager who had a better chance of being a league MVP, my money would be on Kyler.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So blow him up, break up the touchdown and make em score from wherever the penalty would’ve put it.

Do NOT: just let him catch it and truck you for a touchdown.

I don't disagree with you. a 15 yard penalty beats giving up a TD. They mentioned in the video that he should have gone for the ball. He wasn't in a position to go for the ball. Only the man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA