Quick thoughts on so called "ugly" win today

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two mental errors that led to 20 extra seconds at the end of the game and led to a blocked punt for a TD are a big deal when you only throw the ball for 104 yards on 21 attempts. It is ok that he didn't have good game. Good hell people.

It is ok to say Chandler Jones has a poor game when he has a poor game. Same for Patrick Peterson. Same for Kyler Murray.
As long as its considered the same for Kliff Kingsbury.

Went to half time with a timeout and poorly managed to end a half again. Maybe it was the Kyler sack that gave the Giants momentum. However, after taking the knee we lost our groove in the pass game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As long as its considered the same for Kliff Kingsbury.

Went to half time with a timeout and poorly managed to end a half again. Maybe it was the Kyler sack that gave the Giants momentum. However, after taking the knee we lost our groove in the pass game.
I agree that Kingsbury should have done a better job dictating throws to keep Murray in rhythm. That being said, Murray has full autonomy to audible, if he wanted to throw the ball he could have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that Kingsbury should have done a better job dictating throws to keep Murray in rhythm. That being said, Murray has full autonomy to audible, if he wanted to throw the ball he could have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sure he does. However, when push comes to shove its on the play caller to help his rookie out.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He made zero turnovers, thier guy made three, and it was the difference in the game period.

What are people expecting? This kid to personally walk across their swimming pool and if he doesn't he did "poorly"?

Him to pass for more than 105 yards.
He managed the game and Nothing more. That stuff can squeak by the Giants, but won’t be sufficient against the Saints

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is the it can be called the Kyler Cult. Two huge mental mistakes and under 105 yards passing. Only apologists call that a good game.

IT IS OK TO ADMIT THAT KYLER DID NOT HAVE A GOOD GAME WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD GAME. IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU THINK HE IS A BUST.
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say he had a “good” game. Mostly people arguing he didn’t have an awful game or a worse game than jones. I’d have to say this was a bad, but not awful game. To be awful I think you’d have to have at least a turnover. He was a part of us laying on 17 straight points to open the game. He did have one huge gaff (the bad sack) and another bad decision (but let’s be honest, we see nfl players make that very same mistake on a weekly basis so not sure I’d call that a “huge mental mistake”).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He managed the game and Nothing more. That stuff can squeak by the Giants, but won’t be sufficient against the Saints

Yes, that is true. And? He still didn't have a turnover TODAY, and did much better than Jones.

The Saints game will be the Saints game. I ain't going to crap all over today's win because we wouldn't have beaten the Saints. In mathematics, this is called "independent events".

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take it up with the HC who said he didn't want to throw in the rain.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it up with the HC who said he didn't want to throw in the rain.

did Kingsbury really say that? Man... I've seen some very solid improvement from the offense and obviously the team in general, but the way Kliff's balls have consistently shrunk up in the second half of the last three games with leads has me firmly on the fence with him. Dude coached flat out scared today... at the end of the half and then the entirety of the fourth quarter. I'm really hoping it's just a matter of adjustment to the NFL and once he gets comfortable, he won't go full shrinkage at critical moments of future games.

all that said, gutsy W today, on the road, early game in horrific conditions. Kinda feel like we're due a pummeling next week against a legit contender, but I'll go into the game hoping for an outside shot at a W. Do I expect it? No... but there's no reason for me to go in already resigned to a loss either.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you have a strong ground game, all you need to do is be a game manager.
Murray goes out there and throws three straight incompletions, you'd be demanding to know why he wasn't handing the ball off when Edmonds was running so well. Lightning strike passes and long range bombs don't work so well when the ball is wet.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t mind Kyler being in game-manager mode today cause I’m pretty sure the main reason he was in game manager mode was due to heavy rain.

Pretty sure that was his first game in rain period since high school.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a tight game...one int on Murrays part could have easily gave us the L. Has nothing to do with balls. Its raining and he called plays to minimize any errors to give the Giants momentum. I think it took balls to only throw 4 times in 2nd half. Take away the blocked punt and we are in control start to finish playing old school ball.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KM should’ve called some audibles at the line when they were doing those jet sweeps that the Giants picked up on.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sure he does. However, when push comes to shove its on the play caller to help his rookie out.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah...that is why I agreed that Kingsbury should have dictated those throws vs letting Murray make the judgement call.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
did Kingsbury really say that? Man... I've seen some very solid improvement from the offense and obviously the team in general, but the way Kliff's balls have consistently shrunk up in the second half of the last three games with leads has me firmly on the fence with him. Dude coached flat out scared today... at the end of the half and then the entirety of the fourth quarter. I'm really hoping it's just a matter of adjustment to the NFL and once he gets comfortable, he won't go full shrinkage at critical moments of future games.

all that said, gutsy W today, on the road, early game in horrific conditions. Kinda feel like we're due a pummeling next week against a legit contender, but I'll go into the game hoping for an outside shot at a W. Do I expect it? No... but there's no reason for me to go in already resigned to a loss either.
If I had to make an educated guess, I think Kingsbury made decisions with having a lot more confidence in our defense on Sunday than we did on this board.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If I had to make an educated guess, I think Kingsbury made decisions with having a lot more confidence in our defense on Sunday than we did on this board.
I think he realized the turnover potential the weather created and with even a small lead he should play it safe. Turns out he was right as the Giants were forced to take more chances and they paid for them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr