Cardinals Record Prediction For 2019

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
At first, I actually thought seven wins but now seeing the roster and the situation, I expect six... not as much as the Cardinals will be better than a five win team, but rather the NFL is so mediocre :)

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm...5-11 I guess. At least the team should be more entertaining this year. :) Last year's team was bad and boring...ugh. :(

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is there is a lot of assumed confidence that Kingsbury offense will succeed in the NFL. Yes it rolled up a lot of points in college in a defense deficient conference but now it's being moved to the NFL where even the worst defensive player on a team would be a superior player on a college team. Hell, half of the players cut in the NFL would be considered top defensive players on many college teams. I'm not saying it won't score some points however I wouldn't necessarily bet on it loading up the scoreboard with 30-40 points a game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that I canceled my NFL Sunday Ticket speaks for itself.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is there is a lot of assumed confidence that Kingsbury offense will succeed in the NFL. Yes it rolled up a lot of points in college in a defense deficient conference but now it's being moved to the NFL where even the worst defensive player on a team would be a superior player on a college team. Hell, half of the players cut in the NFL would be considered top defensive players on many college teams. I'm not saying it won't score some points however I wouldn't necessarily bet on it loading up the scoreboard with 30-40 points a game.

Conversely, there seems to also be a ton of negativity based on what we either did last year behind the worst coaching staff in Cardinal history or a meaningless preseason of vanilla schemes on both sides of the ball. Kingsbury's offense may or may not be the answer in the NFL, but IMO, Murray can run any type of offense we need to. People are wrong to believe that K1 can't succeed without K2.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It wasn't just points — Kingsbury's offense was absurdly productive and efficient at a school that didn't get a lot of top prospects (source: FO's Almanac):
  • 3,600 passes in 6 seasons
  • More than 6,000 total plays (only Clemson and Baylor ran more)
  • At least 535 passes every season (no other team in the Big 12 hit that number once)
  • 16 times receivers caught at least 50 passes (no other Big 12 school had 11)

Also, Murray passed for 11.6 YPA in his one year at OU — the most since the 1950s.

The idea here is that the system can make up for talent deficiencies, and that Kyler Murray is uniquely positioned to run that system by virtue of his mental makeup, physical skills and familiarity with the system.

It's a crazy experiment with a billion-dollar organization.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kc and the Rams do it with speed and match ups. Expect the same here. The question is whether the potential big play talent will actually live up to their performance on the field.

I say sometimes.

7-9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kc and the Rams do it with speed and match ups. Expect the same here. The question is whether the potential big play talent will actually live up to their performance on the field.

I say sometimes.

7-9

The Rams were 3rd in offensive pace last season Indy was first, but KC was 14th overall (but 5th in the 1st half). I think pace will be a part of it, but I think it's going to be personnel. I think we're going to be surprised to find out that the Cards use a 4WR set 40% of the time or more.

LARM used 3WR/1RB/1TE on 92% of their plays last year(!!!!). They have to be looking for more personnel variety this season, but I think the Cards are going to put a lot of receivers on the field.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It wasn't just points — Kingsbury's offense was absurdly productive and efficient at a school that didn't get a lot of top prospects (source: FO's Almanac):
  • At least 535 passes every season (no other team in the Big 12 hit that number once)

Also, Murray passed for 11.6 YPA in his one year at OU — the most since the 1950s.

The idea here is that the system can make up for talent deficiencies, and that Kyler Murray is uniquely positioned to run that system by virtue of his mental makeup, physical skills and familiarity with the system.

Excellent.

It is a little crazy, but there is some vision being exercised here as well. This is not some hodgepodge of mismatched parts, to be spilled out onto the field, with a hope and a prayer.

If an organization was going to try pull this off, Kingsbury would be a logical choice as OC or coach, Murray would be your first pick to be QB, and DJ would have to be way up on your list of RBs, because of his pass-catching ability.

If might take another year or two to complete the architecture/infrastructure of the concept. An olineman or two. A bit more talent at WR or TE...

But its got a chance.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The question I have and I dont know where to find this info....has the average time of possession per drive dropped much over the past 20 years?

Maybe its overblown that the defense will get tired.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The question I have and I dont know where to find this info....has the average time of possession per drive dropped much over the past 20 years?

I don't want to dig into the whole spreadsheets, but Football Outsiders has a great pace database.

In 1993 (the first year stats are available), the Bills had the fastest offensive pace in the league (24.07), the top 5 teams were all under 26.5 sec. per offensive play, and the NFL average was 27.94.

In 1998, the Cards had the fastest pace in the league (26.02), the top 5 teams were all under 26.5 sec. per offensive play, and the NFL average was 27.78.

In 2008, Denver had the fastest pace (26.19), the top 5 teams were all under 27.28, and the NFL average was 28.40.

In 2018, the fastest offensive pace were the Colts (26.30), the top 5 teams were all under 27 seconds, and the NFL average was 28.05.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Getting the defense tired is much more about staying on the field than it is pace, but staying on the field while playing at a fast pace can wear out the defense faster. That being said a fast pace 12 play drive early in the game could have the defense completely ready for a rest by the end of the drive and that could help the team to find the endzone as the defense is gasping for air.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7-8-1 or 8-7-1 (See comment)

vs Detroit - W
@ Baltimore - L
vs Carolina - W
vs Seattle - L
@ Cincinnati - T
vs Atlanta - L
@ New York - W
@ New Orleans - L
vs San Francisco - W
@ Tampa Bay - W
@ San Francisco - W
vs Los Angeles -L
vs Pittsburgh - L
vs Cleveland - W
@ Seattle - L
@ Los Angeles - L (or W if Rams have division locked up)

I had us at 3-3-1 at this point! I should have put some money on that! Granted, had the wrong teams, but still.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson