Steve Keim Check-In

How we feeling about Steve Keim

• Total voters

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True. But still not a good look for a gm who presumably got walked all over by his buddy/head coach. Who knows all the particulars... But he will get a huge mulligan if he can rebuild over the next year or two and we should have our answer.

Understand that BASK knew each other long before BA’s hiring. They’re both from the York, PA area & had been friends for years. It was Keim’s idea to hire BA. The combination of early success & their existing friendship made them a little cocky & BA always felt he could coach up anyone. I think SK just grew to trust BA’s opinion too much.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last years draft Keim did something he’s never done before. He completely followed PFF scores and seemed to draft 100% off of their player scores once identifying a position of need.

I believe they graded us as one of the best drafts. We’ll see if this strategy continues next year.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The question would be if Keim's redemption can be found through Kyler Murray, Byron Murphy, Chad Edmunds, and DJ Humphries.

I won't mention the other thing that seems to be finally working in a lame attempt to not jinx it.

Still not a supporter tho, with 9 games left in the season, I want to see growth and consistency. The trend is looking really good at the moment.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Keim still needs to go...he can't draft Linemen, LB's or Safeties, and the Cards picked #1 last year for a reason. This isn't exactly a roster stacked with talent, which is completely all on Keim. We'll probably be drafting in the top 10 again this year, and yet Keim is seemingly given a pass. He's had plenty of years to assemble a good roster...and not surprisingly, there are still holes everywhere. These next 4 weeks will be very telling, and I'm guessing the 'fire Keim' option on this poll will be getting a lot more attention.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We're not firing him. I think he should be, but this is his course, and we've already stepped it up from last year.
Unless he gets into more trouble with the law or does something boneheaded & totally stupid, he won't be fired. He is probably the best friend MB has & that alone is enough to be kept by the Cardinals. I see MB as more of a "rah rah" guy & not much of a talent evaluator, basically imo, he just signs the checks & agrees with pretty much everything SK wants to do. SK was an NFL scout for yrs before becoming our GM, MB probably didn't even play football at any level lol but I've done no research as to whether he did or didn't.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless he gets into more trouble with the law or does something boneheaded & totally stupid, he won't be fired. He is probably the best friend MB has & that alone is enough to be kept by the Cardinals. I see MB as more of a "rah rah" guy & not much of a talent evaluator, basically imo, he just signs the checks & agrees with pretty much everything SK wants to do. SK was an NFL scout for yrs before becoming our GM, MB probably didn't even play football at any level lol but I've done no research as to whether he did or didn't.

that’s what a good owner is supposed to. Hire the right guys and stay out of the way

The6

All Star
Reaction score
This poll will drastically change if they go on a losing streak. Stay tuned folks.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The draft failures and dead cap space to me say he should be gone. I doubt he will be though, Bidwill is too loyal.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is simply no way he will be fired after taking the Murray /KK plunge. It's at least 1 year more and likely 2.

They won't fire the GM until Kingsbury is on his last legs

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should be fired but won’t he’s like Bidwills right hand man.

I also don’t want him fired because I like KK and don’t want to blow it up like a new GM might want to do

It's pretty clear that Adrian Wilson is being groomed for a position with the team (likely future GM). If Keim were to go away and ADub were to replace him it wouldn't be an outsider coming in to blow up what we have here.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I guess the 2018 draft doesn't look quite so catastrophic after yesterday. Still pretty bad though.

1. Rosen
2. Kirk
3. Cole
4. Edmonds
6. Christian Campbell
7. Korey Cunningham.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees Keim was listening to the fans and made a radical shift in approach this year? Hiring Kingsbury and drafting Kyler was a major risk. He knew something had to change and they were not going to win with Wilks & Rosen, or Rosen and another retread HC. This year was Keim saying, I've made some mistakes and I'm not going to sit here on my hands and let it continue just because we've sunk money and draft picks into a series of mistakes.

So far, Kingsbury and Murray have been great additions. We're winning in spite of our lack of talent at several positions. We're in a rebuilding year and I'm excited to watch Keim and Kingsbury rebuild a team in the next 2-3 years. I'm by no means a Keim apologist, but everybody seems to miss the point that these decisions this year came from Keim and we're in a better place right now and in the future for it.

+1

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's pretty clear that Adrian Wilson is being groomed for a position with the team (likely future GM). If Keim were to go away and ADub were to replace him it wouldn't be an outsider coming in to blow up what we have here.

What if Adrian Wilson cannot stand the fact Kliff was hired? Just because he is an insider doesn't mean he is on board 100%with what had happened.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if Adrian Wilson cannot stand the fact Kliff was hired? Just because he is an insider doesn't mean he is on board 100% with what had happened.

You'd need to make sure he's on board before making the move, obviously.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When’s the best time to get rid of a GM? Now all the scouts are scattered across the country. Then they’ll be meeting and cross-checking in the run up to the draft.

The best time to fire a GM is probably right before or immediately after a season. Do you trust Keim to make a savvy decision on D.J. Humphries?

Winning three games against the dregs of the league shouldn’t move you much—and you shouldn’t be moved much if the Cards go 0-3 over the next four weeks.

Keim needs to have a good plan at the end of the year for how he’s going to maximize a super bowl window that opens at the start of the league year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave