Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. There are only wins. no ugly wins
2. This is Win on the road
3. This is a win for the west coast team in a 10 AM game
4. This is a win against a team coming off a 10-day break
5. This is win when playing almost all of it in rain
6. This is a win when your best offensive player (besides QB) didn't see the field

Yeah, this is a win against most odds. Enjoy it!

PS: Murray's error to go out of bounds is a rookie mistake but he cannot repeat it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He was below average at best. It's okay to call a spade a spade. Good news he still kicks ass
I think he was more or less below average. He could have easily done what Jones did and turned the ball over 3 times. That would have been poor play, but he at least did a solid job of managing this game. Didn't have any turnovers and made some very solid throws to convert 3rd downs. Wasn't pretty, but he ultimately got the job done and I would only call it below average instead of simply average because he did have a couple bonehead decisions.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
6. This is a win when your best offensive player (besides QB) didn't see the field

PS: Murray's error to go out of bounds is a rookie mistake but he cannot repeat it.
we hope to see more wins, but yes they have something to clear out but we seem to get better every week.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Thank you

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think he was more or less below average. He could have easily done what Jones did and turned the ball over 3 times. That would have been poor play, but he at least did a solid job of managing this game. Didn't have any turnovers and made some very solid throws to convert 3rd downs. Wasn't pretty, but he ultimately got the job done and I would only call it below average instead of simply average because he did have a couple bonehead decisions.
And this was the perfect week for him to have a bad game. We didn't need him to have a great one.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kliff's poor playcalling did him no favors. Just awful in the 2nd half.
They just couldn't throw the ball after the rain started coming down hard and it seemed obvious to me. On a couple of the few plays that they threw in the 2nd half the ball slipped on the way out of Murray's hand. He will have to find an answer to that in the future, but it really hurt the game today. I assume they didn't believe it would be as big of a problem until they were actually playing in it and that is why they passed less and less as the game progressed.

Reaction score
7. Anytime a team wins three in a row in the NFL, they are doing something right!

:newcards:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kliff's poor playcalling did him no favors. Just awful in the 2nd half.
I put a lot on QBs so I disagree slightly with you. Where I was disappointed in Kingsbury was that he didn't keep Murray in rhythm throughout the game. My issues weren't with Murray's lack of stats, it was with his two HUGE mistakes made. I am ok with Murrya being comfortable playing the game that he needs to in order to win. IT is one of Brady's most impressive traits.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They just couldn't throw the ball after the rain started coming down hard and it seemed obvious to me. On a couple of the few plays that they threw in the 2nd half the ball slipped on the way out of Murray's hand. He will have to find an answer to that in the future, but it really hurt the game today. I assume they didn't believe it would be as big of a problem until they were actually playing in it and that is why they passed less and less as the game progressed.
I'm sorry but this is a rhythm offense. Seeing us hoping like hell the Giants blow it was disappointing. We couldn't scheme guys open, couldn't move the pocket, couldn't do anything to maintain confidence. I like Kliff, but he goes turtle at the worst time.

We threw 4 times in the 2nd half.

The pass to Williams looked fine to me.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
7. Anytime a team wins three in a row in the NFL, they are doing something right!

:newcards:
But, but, but just wait until they have to play real teams!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this is a rhythm offense. Seeing us hoping like hell the Giants blow it was disappointing. We couldn't scheme guys open, couldn't move the pocket, couldn't do anything to maintain confidence. I like Kliff, but he goes turtle at the worst time.

We threw 4 times in the 2nd half.

The pass to Williams looked fine to me.
Which clearly suggests that Murray was having issues with his grip on the ball. I think it was more of a question mark as to how it would come out. Had a few on the day where the ball seemed to slip on the way out.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I put a lot on QBs so I disagree slightly with you. Where I was disappointed in Kingsbury was that he didn't keep Murray in rhythm throughout the game. My issues weren't with Murray's lack of stats, it was with his two HUGE mistakes made. I am ok with Murrya being comfortable playing the game that he needs to in order to win. IT is one of Brady's most impressive traits.
Obviously Kyler can't make those mistakes. No doubt about it. The sack was the worst one to me. Cause it put the Giants in position to gain momentum

While I didn't like him goin out of bounds I wasn't as mad as the other play.

Imo Kyler clearly seemed out of rhythm and we didn't do anything to establish it. We didn't even have a shot play and became very predictable imo. Kyler is going to have to overcome and get use to throwing in rain (especially when we play up in Seattle).

Luckily its just one game. I'm just noticing a trend where we usually end up counting on Kyler to bail us out late. This game he didn't, luckily we still won. However, we need to learn from it as well.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which clearly suggests that Murray was having issues with his grip on the ball. I think it was more of a question mark as to how it would come out. Had a few on the day where the ball seemed to slip on the way out.
4 passes (from my memory)

Chase dropped a pass
Ball slipped on the throw to Fitz
Complete pass to Williams
Can't remember the other one.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave