Former Cardinal Anquan Boldin to retire a Raven

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yup.. People just are mad at him now and have forgotten just how good he was.

I have a Boldin jersey and will continue to wear. He was great as a Cardinal and I was disappointed when he left.

I'm with you guys...... Boldin will always be a top 10 Card for me. HE'S A GROWN ASS MAN!!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, we all love Fitz, but this seems like revisionist history. In his 95 games over his 7 seasons with the Cardinals, Boldin averaged 89 touches, 1104 yards, and 6.3 TDs per year. In his first six seasons (92 games), Fitz averaged 90 touches, 1187 yards, and 9.7 TDs per year.

Boldin's style and toughness led to more injuries, but on a per-16-games basis, Boldin averaged 105 touches, 1302 yards, and 7 TDs, while Fitz averaged 94 touches, 1234 yards, and 10 TDs.

In his 202 career games, Boldin reached 13779 yards, 82 TDs, and a Super Bowl ring. In his first 202 games, Fitz had 14389 yards and 104 TDs.

No argument that Fitz was better, and missing about 10% of his games hurts Boldin's case, but I don't think the margin is as wide as you portray, especially during the time they were both with the Cardinals.

...dave
I left that one alone because I didnt have the time to write out something this eloquent. Kudos.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yup.. People just are mad at him now and have forgotten just how good he was.

I’m not mad at him and I know how great he was on the team, but given his conduct towards the organization, he doesn’t belong anywhere near the RoH.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anquan...

You must be registered for see images attach
I’m not mad at him and I know how great he was on the team, but given his conduct towards the organization, he doesn’t belong anywhere near the RoH.

Does PP belong there? Still belongs there long before the likes of Carson Palmer.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely.

PP, Adrian, & even Dockett were higher on my personal list than CP.

Yet..... For me...... Boldin is higher than all of them

I agree 100%... Im just asking him personally since he is using angst toward the organization as his barometer for his decision rather then his play on the field. So I'm wondering if he will be hypocritical and say that PP belongs or says something to the effect "it depends on what he does from this point on" etc.. etc..

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two things:

There are numerous stories of what an cornholio Todd Haley was throughout his coaching career. Boldin was rightfully outraged for getting benched during the SB by him.

Boldin was there at the beginning of the Cardinals resurgence last decade. He, along with Wilson, gave us long suffering Cardinals fans hope for the future with their tough style of play. Anquan reminded me of Walter Payton when he had the ball. Instead of trying to avoid getting hit he would seek out the defender and become the aggressor. I fell in love with his toughness. He was the rare bright spot on some terrible teams. Later came Dockett, Fitzgerald, Calais, Warner et al that got us to the SB but it was Boldin who was there at the beginning that started it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin's career, Boldin's choice. Sucks the way the relationship between him and the Cards went down. And, because of it, he'll never be in the ROH. And I'd bet my house that Dockett won't be either. It's not just about play on the field.

I ain't mad at ya, Quan. I was for a while, yeah, but it's all good.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wow, we all love Fitz, but this seems like revisionist history. In his 95 games over his 7 seasons with the Cardinals, Boldin averaged 89 touches, 1104 yards, and 6.3 TDs per year. In his first six seasons (92 games), Fitz averaged 90 touches, 1187 yards, and 9.7 TDs per year.

Boldin's style and toughness led to more injuries, but on a per-16-games basis, Boldin averaged 105 touches, 1302 yards, and 7 TDs, while Fitz averaged 94 touches, 1234 yards, and 10 TDs.

In his 202 career games, Boldin reached 13779 yards, 82 TDs, and a Super Bowl ring. In his first 202 games, Fitz had 14389 yards and 104 TDs.

No argument that Fitz was better, and missing about 10% of his games hurts Boldin's case, but I don't think the margin is as wide as you portray, especially during the time they were both with the Cardinals.

...dave

I remember not even wanting Fitz in that draft b/c I knew we already had a star in Q and didn’t realize Bryant J was a bust yet... Until about year 4-5 I thought Boldin was better than Fitz but then he did what few players in history could do which was be the best player on the field in a single postseason. Thanks Denny.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If he wanted to retire a Raven, that tells you where his loyalties are. Thanks for the memories, but seeeeya.

What a joke.

I cheer for the uniform. Not the ownership...

This whole argument reminds me of the kid pissing on the ford/Chevy/dodge stickers... I always wondered if the opposing factory was paying for such advertising

Boldin played his ass off here. STUD.

... I like Carson, but Boldin is 700% more worthy of his name in the stadium.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What a joke.

I cheer for the uniform. Not the ownership...

This whole argument reminds me of the kid pissing on the ford/Chevy/dodge stickers... I always wondered if the opposing factory was paying for such advertising

Boldin played his ass off here. STUD.

... I like Carson, but Boldin is 700% more worthy of his name in the stadium.

Nope. Boldin pouted and demanded a trade.

Not ring of HONOR material.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If PP21 finishes his career
in AZ playing at a high level or at least plays thru his prime years, then yes

Agreed.

Peterson has been measurably a better player than Boldin.

Better than Palmer too, though Palmer played a position with the most impact.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

Peterson has been measurably a better player than Boldin.

Better than Palmer too, though Palmer played a position with the most impact.

So in reality neither you or TJ really care at all about temper tantrums and bad mouthing the organization or demanding a trade. Gotcha.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose