OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Shep will actually play.
Shepard is dealing with his second concussion of the campaign, so even though he's been cleared for on-field work, the Giants likely will exercise caution as he goes through his recovery. As a result, his status for Sunday's game against the Cardinals is murky at best.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Giants are healthy...Brees is throwing a regular size football now...

Not looking good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PP21 is back, but he'll have no interest in trying to slow down Barkley. And who could blame him??

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about Golden Tate.

Third game back from his suspension and he'll want the ball thrown his way.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
PP will be a big boost for us and make the defense better. He will probably limit Golden Tate to some dumpoffs and screens. But PP can do nothing about Barkley and Engram. A generational RB and the probably fastest TE in the NFL. The Giants don't have many strengths, but they mesh perfectly with our main weaknesses on D. Poor Haason Reddick...

Giants have a much better OL than in recent years as well. Long story short: Even though they aren't a very good team, their offense will most likely score big on our D.

That said, the Giants D is very aggressive (Bettcher) and lacks quality DBs, so they will have their hands full with our spread. Should be an exciting high-scoring affair!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think they are beatable

Will be a hard chore to cover engram for our lbers and to contain Barkley..... hopefully he doesn't go crazy

With Peterson back cards should try to bring intense pressure on Jones to force quick throws he is a rookie

I think will be close both team put up 20 plus

Lol im screwed in my money lg my bro has engram and we play eachother this week :(

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PP will be a big boost for us and make the defense better. He will probably limit Golden Tate to some dumpoffs and screens. But PP can do nothing about Barkley and Engram. A generational RB and the probably fastest TE in the NFL. The Giants don't have many strengths, but they mesh perfectly with our main weaknesses on D. Poor Haason Reddick...

Giants have a much better OL than in recent years as well. Long story short: Even though they aren't a very good team, their offense will most likely score big on our D.

That said, the Giants D is very aggressive (Bettcher) and lacks quality DBs, so they will have their hands full with our spread. Should be an exciting high-scoring affair!
the hope there thanks to pp21 is that he and murphy can handle their own on the outside and leave the safeties to watch the middle.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It won't shock me to see Peterson and Murphy in the rotation to line up against Engram. I think the team would be comfortable with either Peterson or Murphy on Tate, and they might actually prefer Murphy as Tate is the type of WR that Peterson has struggled with over the years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where we really have to worry is on the wheel routes from Barkley and Engram. Those have been giving us fits with a lack of communication and both of those guys have the speed to take it to the house.

That being said, this is a very winnable game, and one that I would argue we should win.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sort of game shape is Peterson in? Was he able to work out while suspended? Engram is more of an oversized WR than a TE.

"A suspended player cannot use team facilities, practice with or participate in any team functions, including travelling with their team while on suspension."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What sort of game shape is Peterson in? Was he able to work out while suspended? Engram is more of an oversized WR than a TE.

"A suspended player cannot use team facilities, practice with or participate in any team functions, including travelling with their team while on suspension."
He was training in Flagstaff, at altitude, so he'd be in good cardiovascular shape...he said he was only concerned with hitting, at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Are you being serious when you say a CB1 needs to stop an RB1?
Are you seriously implying it's not a CB's job to help in run support?

Maybe I read his post wrong, if he's saying "who can blame PP for having a hard time tackling one of the most elusive runners in the NFL" I get that that. I read it as "who can blame him for not trying." In that case yes, I blame him for not trying. It's not PP's job to be a spectator as a big mean RB runs by him. It's his job to tackle him. Not sure how anyone could argue that.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Are you seriously implying it's not a CB's job to help in run support?

Maybe I read his post wrong, if he's saying "who can blame PP for having a hard time tackling one of the most elusive runners in the NFL" I get that that. I read it as "who can blame him for not trying." In that case yes, I blame him for not trying. It's not PP's job to be a spectator as a big mean RB runs by him. It's his job to tackle him. Not sure how anyone could argue that.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
It is also his job not to break his collarbone or suffer a concussion trying to take down someone 30 lbs heavier than him. I agree that there needs to be some effort, but I am not interested in Peterson doing anything other than going for dudes ankles.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

According to him, he is in peak shape. Did game and practice simulations on his own daily. Hes what, a 9 year pro now? if he said hes ready i believe him.