Encouraging Kyler Murray Trends

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Thanks for the homework K9, appreciate it sir. We can probably expect the offense's nice run to continue for another week.

But then we play possibly the best defense in the league (New Orleans). So the witching hour draws nigh for Kyler Murray and the Miracles.

Or the Niners in two games... really showing Kingsbury's ability to adjust and learn which so far he has

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm pretty concerned about the SF game. I doubt they've forgotten that we swept them last year.

Jet do you know if Bosa will be going against Humph, or against Murray?
From what I saw of last weeks game Bosa was mostly lined up on the left tackle side. Assuming that remains the case than Hump will get most of that matchup.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm pretty concerned about the SF game. I doubt they've forgotten that we swept them last year.

Have not watched enough consecutive series of their defense to give you any idea on how they will use him but their defense as a whole is talented with the likes of Dee Ford too

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for the homework K9, appreciate it sir. We can probably expect the offense's nice run to continue for another week.

But then we play possibly the best defense in the league (New Orleans). So the witching hour draws nigh for Kyler Murray and the Miracles.

I think the Patriots would have something to say about that.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Hmmm.. you're right. On defense, the Pats (and the 49ers too) are clearly head and shoulders above NO.

Just checked the team rankings again, and Saints are very good, but not quite as strong as I thought (On D). Just barely top ten.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
We just went through two teams that have terrible defenses. Let's not get too excited here yet and again that's no knock on Kyler but even the Chiefs have slumped with Mahomes.

It always comes down to team vs team and we have a lot of holes that will soon become obvious. That doesn't mean we can't all still see we're making progress because we are.

There were a lot of years we'd of lost to the two teams we just beat and I see progress all around, however don't get too excited yet reality is about to show up.

For what it's worth I think Kyler was a great pick and at the time I didn't dislike it, didn't like it, mostly because I didn't even honestly know anything about him I don't follow college ball at all.

Having seen him I am highly impressed, couldn't be happier, but he's only one guy, real defenses will tend to ruin those stats in a hurry yet I wouldn't put that on him really it's going to be the team that struggles with our schedule coming up.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Have not watched enough consecutive series of their defense to give you any idea on how they will use him but their defense as a whole is talented with the likes of Dee Ford too
Bosa's been a monster..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they aren't trying to rush Kirk back cause they know he needs to be all the way healthy vs. the Saints/49ers.

Probably hoping we can hopefully get by Giants without him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Our future schedule is the 4th-hardest in the NFL, according to Football Outsiders.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Our future schedule is the 4th-hardest in the NFL, according to Football Outsiders.

K9, what I think this offense is missing is some guys actually scoring on big plays. At the moment it seems Chase Edmonds is the only guy who can take a big gain and score without us seemingly pulling teeth in the red zone. I do not think Kirk has one TD yet before he was out and why it's all great for moving the chains, we need a guy who can take it to the house. Byrd and Cooper can get loose deep but still seemingly cannot score and Isabella is a enigma only being utilize in a jet sweep... we need to be able to have at least a few big play scores to have a chance against those teams' defenses

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how well we stick with the competition.
Good thing nobody is placing their hope in a winning record

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how well we stick with the competition.
Good thing nobody is placing their hope in a winning record

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
K9, what I think this offense is missing is some guys actually scoring on big plays. At the moment it seems Chase Edmonds is the only guy who can take a big gain and score without us seemingly pulling teeth in the red zone. I do not think Kirk has one TD yet before he was out and why it's all great for moving the chains, we need a guy who can take it to the house. Byrd and Cooper can get loose deep but still seemingly cannot score and Isabella is a enigma only being utilize in a jet sweep... we need to be able to have at least a few big play scores to have a chance against those teams' defenses
I agree. We are in desperate need of a bigtime playmaker
Thought izzy was supposed to be that guy

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

The longer the drive, the more things can happen to falter a young rookie QB. Of course you need some but it seems we just can never enjoy a big chunk play for a score

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its why as much as I love what Murphy is doing I was in favor of moving up to get Hollywood Brown.

Turns out we only had to move up just a couple spots to get a similar player in Mecole Hardman.

Could make the case we could have taken D.K in the 2nd round round as well and then come back a take Andy at the top of the 3rd round. Hope Allen turns out to be a player because McLaurin was available as well.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Bosa's been a monster..

Pretty scary.

Man the niners are freaking lucky. They go from the 2nd pick in the draft, to the being maybe the best team in the NFC. Sucks.

Let's go Dierrias! You shut down that monster Bosa, and we'll give you a fat new contract this off-season!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats surprising, I was looking at it and thought it wasnt too bad outside of our division games. Maybe I just wear red glasses.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only giants game I have seen was most of the game vs that patriots last weekend.

They looked stout in the first half and they were quite injured. Their defense had a good grip on the patriots in that half as well. I expect a hard fought game. I think we can still win it, as with any game, but this one should be tough.

Then again, adding pp21 back and Daniel jones threw like 3 interceptions vs the patriots, we may be able to exploit the rookie and make this thing go.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only giants game I have seen was most of the game vs that patriots last weekend.

They looked stout in the first half and they were quite injured. Their defense had a good grip on the patriots in that half as well. I expect a hard fought game. I think we can still win it, as with any game, but this one should be tough.

Then again, adding pp21 back and Daniel jones threw like 3 interceptions vs the patriots, we may be able to exploit the rookie and make this thing go.
The question is if we can get pressure
You must be registered for see images

Jones is a different QB with pressure. However, if he has all day to throw he could pick us a part.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thats surprising, I was looking at it and thought it wasnt too bad outside of our division games. Maybe I just wear red glasses.

Well, yeah, but 5 of our remaining 10 games are against division opponents — the 2nd-ranked 49ers, 7th-ranked Seahawks, and 15th-ranked Lambs. Then we also have the 10th-ranked Saints.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@PACardsFan This guy is getting clowned for this, lol

Idk..there are more and more people believing he has elite arm strength....Not sure yet, but its getting interesting.

I still need to see more proof of it though. Maybe its because Mahomes makes it look so effortless and Josh Allen throws so hard (all the time), but not quite seeing that level...yet.

I think the release could be fooling them, but who knows.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, but 5 of our remaining 10 games are against division opponents — the 2nd-ranked 49ers, 7th-ranked Seahawks, and 15th-ranked Lambs. Then we also have the 10th-ranked Saints.

Every time I look at a schedule I feel like an optimist. My win probabilities:
NYG: 60%
Saints: 40%
9ers: 50%
Bucs: 50%
9ers: 50%
Rams: 50%
Steelers: 65%
Browns: 60%
Hawks: 50%
Rams: 50%

I always go 5050 on in division games.