K1 named NFC Offensive Player of Week

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
aw crap I looked but didn't see this was already posted.. why can't I delete a thread I started?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly understand being wrong on a player. It happens all the time. Back handed compliments though just show pettiness. Florio is that kind of dude though
all the talking heads like to call him little man and etc too.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Do you know what the really sad thing about all this is Chris?

It's that it was so ******* obvious how good he was, if his detractors would have just watched five minutes of the OU game tape, they might not look so silly right now.
\

While its nice he won the award its still just 6 games into his career.Your blatant homerism is showing again.Nothing sad at all about being cautious about a player .What is really sad is that the cheerleaders groupthink mentality feels the need to chastise those that don't drool and slobber or fall awestruck in Kylers presence.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am picturing you throwing things across the house when we score a touchdown because it could have looked better than it did.

Reactions: HGC

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
\

While its nice he won the award its still just 6 games into his career.Your blatant homerism is showing again.Nothing sad at all about being cautious about a player .What is really sad is that the cheerleaders groupthink mentality feels the need to chastise those that don't drool and slobber or fall awestruck in Kylers presence.
This is the problem I see with your posts. I don’t see posters chastising you for not “drooling and slobbering” over Kyler (maybe a couple posters?). I mean, I’m excited about Murray but show me a post where I was drooling and slobbering over him. We’re fans. Fans tend to be excited about their teams and players when they perform well and show potential.

If your viewpoint is that you like what you see so far but you’re hesitant to get totally on board with Kyler. Totally fine. If your viewpoint is that you just don’t like Kyler. Totally fine. But actively looking for things you can criticize, and feeling the need to post negative comments to create arguments with other posters is what I don’t understand. But, maybe it’s more a reflection of overall personality, which is fine I suppose. We’re all wired differently. Some are inherently more optimistic and some more pessimistic.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the problem I see with your posts. I don’t see posters chastising you for not “drooling and slobbering” over Kyler (maybe a couple posters?). I mean, I’m excited about Murray but show me a post where I was drooling and slobbering over him. We’re fans. Fans tend to be excited about their teams and players when they perform well and show potential.

If your viewpoint is that you like what you see so far but you’re hesitant to get totally on board with Kyler. Totally fine. If your viewpoint is that you just don’t like Kyler. Totally fine. But actively looking for things you can criticize, and feeling the need to post negative comments to create arguments with other posters is what I don’t understand. But, maybe it’s more a reflection of overall personality, which is fine I suppose. We’re all wired differently. Some are inherently more optimistic and some more pessimistic.

people have to be red or blue. right or left. slobber or hate.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

That's all fine and good.:cheers:.I generally stay calm cool and collected but I admit there are a few posters who think if you are not all in on KM then you are wrong or a hater.:shrug:.That gets me fired up.I can`t resist bringing some reality to the hyperbole.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
in fairness, every single first-round draft pick in sports history has 5+ minutes of elite game footage or highlight video. That’s why you can’t invest in someone solely on what you see on tape. I’ve been fooled too many times.
+1.

How dare people wait to see it play out in the pros!

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s threads like this that remind me why I drop out of sight so often. Having an overwhelming desire to always be “right” is the hallmark of someone compensating for a certain lack in other areas.

people calling out other posters for having a different opinion is kindergarten ****. If you feel you need to see someone grovel for expressing a thought that might prove later to be incorrect, then look in the mirror and tell yourself to grow the f up.

JTS

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good for him!

I frankly don’t see much Kyler Murray disdain from anyone since Sunday’s game, so I’m surprised with the amount of people pushing the narrative that there’s some hugely hateful contingent out there.

I’m a moderate in politics, I’m a moderate in my football opinions, and I sure don’t mind having my player be the offensive player of the week.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s threads like this that remind me why I drop out of sight so often. Having an overwhelming desire to always be “right” is the hallmark of someone compensating for a certain lack in other areas.

people calling out other posters for having a different opinion is kindergarten ****. If you feel you need to see someone grovel for expressing a thought that might prove later to be incorrect, then look in the mirror and tell yourself to grow the f up.

JTS
Absolutely. But, by you judging and acknowledging this and avoiding it altogether does that mean that you are just as guilty of believing you have it "right" and they have it wrong?! Isn't your same judgment of this situation merely a reflection of your own believed short comings or need to be "right"...? Getting all philosophical up in here.. haha. But I kid... we all have this innate want or desire to some level.. my big moment in life was when I realized it wasn't about either right or wrong...just that it's all perception and agreeing to disagree and let others have their opinions is the most important thing. IMO.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good for him!

I frankly don’t see much Kyler Murray disdain from anyone since Sunday’s game, so I’m surprised with the amount of people pushing the narrative that there’s some hugely hateful contingent out there.

I’m a moderate in politics, I’m a moderate in my football opinions, and I sure don’t mind having my player be the offensive player of the week.

You know what they say about people that stand in the middle of the road:cool: