Rosen back to the bench

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess Miami's trying to win games now?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if you made up whats happened to Rosen the last two years ---

nobody would believe it

I don't know if Josh will be any good, but he has been put in pretty much an impossible situation

as an aside:

The Cards also interviewed Brian Flores for their HC job

assuming these QB decisions were all Flores ( a big assumption) -- it feels like it would have been as bad as Wilks had they gone that direction

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Sucks for him! I truly believe we had a very good QB on our hands with him, but I’m thrilled with who’s behind center for the Cards these days beyond belief

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you made up whats happened to Rosen the last two years ---

nobody would believe it

The last two years? I think he's had something like 6 different OC's in the last 6 years of playing football (college and pro). No continuity at all and no offensive minded HC's in the pros. Crazy.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
why not just start Rosen for the rest of the year? he's younger than Fitzpatrick and he isn't going to cost you your tank. At least let him audition to be the back up behind Tua . I don't know, maybe Rosen is just that bad where it is effecting the continuity of the morale of the team (which should be low anyways).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not just start Rosen for the rest of the year? he's younger than Fitzpatrick and he isn't going to cost you your tank. At least let him audition to be the back up behind Tua . I don't know, maybe Rosen is just that bad where it is effecting the continuity of the morale of the team (which should be low anyways).

This is a coach trying to save his job so he is making decisions counter to the long term vision. Unfortunately that just makes it more likely you get fired.

Their stats are virtually identical so far so play the guy that at least has upside

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
This is a coach trying to save his job so he is making decisions counter to the long term vision. Unfortunately that just makes it more likely you get fired.

Their stats are virtually identical so far so play the guy that at least has upside

The expectations for wins in Miami this season before they traded away the little talent they had was one. Flores isn’t getting fired so I doubt that has anything to do with the decision. Rosen is so bad they have no choice.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He didn't help the situations either.

I believe that Josh was in a terrible situation last year: bad HC, bad OC, inexperienced replacement OC running an offense that wasn't his, a lack of skill people and injured/ low talent offensive line

I also believe that moving on from him was the right move

that fact that Rosen was sent to a worse situation his next year is hard to believe

OP
OP
iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I believe that Josh was in a terrible situation last year: bad HC, bad OC, inexperienced replacement OC running an offense that wasn't his, a lack of skill people and injured/ low talent offensive line

that fact that Rosen was sent to a worse situation his next year is hard to believe

I wish I could not be good at my job and make a few million.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He didn't help the situations either.
Both extremely valid points. :)

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen can read 1 and only 1 WR then the dump pass...if it's not there he's done...I love watching him behind center because if he doesn't have the ball out of his hand in 2.5 second you can actually see the panic...and here comes the sack

Rosen has the throw power of a average high schooler

He must have played with some beasts in HS and College, bc the dude sucks

I gotta pull out the offseason threads of the epic battles of 'Drafting Murray vs. keeping Rosen'

Some of ya'll need to be called OUT

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would be shocked if Rosen is with the Dolphins next year, and that would be great for Josh. Josh needs to sign as a back up for a legit NFL team that will groom him to play in 1-3 years. He has plenty of money & is very young. In the right system, he has a chance to be decent. He'll never be a stud, but can have an NFL career.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually if I am the Steelers I am calling the Dolphins right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing in this is while Miami sucks and I think Flores is probably in over his head, Josh is actually in a decent situation in one regard Ryan Fitzpatrick. i've read a couple of articles today and that dude is one hell of a good guy. he's incredibly intelligent and he's been around and he has a nice perspective. His comments were interesting, i wasn't a high pick with the weight of the world on me early, but I was a starter with the weight of the world on me at other points. I have been a surprise player, and I've been the starter who loses the job. He said when I watch Josh I see a kid with more talent than I have, and maybe I can help him with some insights and comments here and there on things I see.

Good to hear stuff like that the NFL is so competitive but it's nice to see that Fitzpatrick is actually willing to try and help Josh out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose