Gemini Man (2019)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Synopsis: Henry Brogan is an elite assassin who becomes the target of a mysterious operative who can seemingly predict his every move. To his horror, he soon learns that the man who's trying to kill him is a younger, faster, cloned version of himself.

Director: Ang Lee
Writers: David Benioff, Billy Ray and Darren Lemke
Stars: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong
Producers: Will Smith, Jerry Bruckhheimer, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, James Lassiter, Don Granger.
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Rating: NR

I know more about this film than I can comment on at this time but I was fortunate enough to be part of a screening (rough cut) and sat next to a certain director and mega producer for said screening talking to them before and after the screening. This is very much a throwback type action movie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I have been to several rough cut screenings. Lot of fun and cool to see the film before it is completed (with effects).

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I have been to several rough cut screenings. Lot of fun and cool to see the film before it is completed (with effects).

Yep, I love seeing how the FX evolve. Especially after seeing the final product.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I love seeing how the FX evolve. Especially after seeing the final product.

Did you know which film you were seeing or did you go in blind?

For most of these screenings they reveal which film you'll be seeing just before it starts.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know which film you were seeing or did you go in blind?

For most of these screenings they reveal which film you'll be seeing just before it starts.

Blind. I have seen 3 recently. All super high security, no phones or anything. They take your picture along with your ID and make you sign a NDA and identify your social media accounts. The works.

Sitting next to AL and JB was by chance. I was already seated and they both sat next to me. I recognized both of them immediately and said screw it I was going to take the opportunity to talk to both before and after. They were both very cordial.

Although I have gotten to see them other ways as well. A friend of mine works for a PR/marketing firm that has contracts with major film and tv divisions of studios. Technically she is my brother's fiance but you get the gist. She has gotten me into multiple events.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gemini Man

Release date: October 4, 2019
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Ang Lee
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: David Benioff, Brian Helgeland, Andrew Niccol
Genre: Thriller, Action

Starring: Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, Benedict Wong

Plot Summary: "Gemini Man" is an innovative action thriller starring Will Smith as Henry Brogan, an elite assassin, who is suddenly targeted and pursued by a mysterious young operative that seemingly can predict his every move.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filmed at 120fps? Egad!

I wonder how many theaters can play it back at that frame rate?

My prediction is that some people will say it looks weird because we're so used to a certain look in the theater. Just because something is technically better doesn't mean people will naturally prefer it. Many people still prefer vinyl over CD's even though technically CD is a superior playback medium. We're funny creatures. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So only 14 theaters are playing this movie in 3d High Frame Rate (hfr), and I went to one tonight.

Even though it was quite cliched, you knew what was going to happen, it was still impeccably well made and it's probably the best 3D I've seen in a film that isn't straight animated or loaded with background special effects. I'm no 3D fan, but this was quite good. There were a couple action set pieces that were phenomenal in 3D.

Cast was pretty good and the effect of de-aging Will Smith was pretty good (up until the epilogue of the movie).

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So only 14 theaters are playing this movie in 3d High Frame Rate (hfr), and I went to one tonight.

Even though it was quite cliched, you knew what was going to happen, it was still impeccably well made and it's probably the best 3D I've seen in a film that isn't straight animated or loaded with background special effects. I'm no 3D fan, but this was quite good. There were a couple action set pieces that were phenomenal in 3D.

Cast was pretty good and the effect of de-aging Will Smith was pretty good (up until the epilogue of the movie).

14 theaters in LA or 14 nationwide?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed this.. was a fun popcorn flick and the de aging was very well done...

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am tempted to see this again since I watched a very early version of the film. I am sure they improved on the FX that I got to see.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not had time to see the final product. A couple other movies i am trying to find time for first but I am curious to see how the FX improved since I had seen it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave