That Touchdown...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Man, that last KM to DJ TD pass was just effing CLASS! I was wowed at KM's placement and of course at DJ's catch. I only got to catch a bit of the game. Based on that, I'm assuming KM played quite well?
I saw it how Murray himself saw it and that was that it wasn't the greatest of throws, but DJ just made a great play on it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man, that last KM to DJ TD pass was just effing CLASS! I was wowed at KM's placement and of course at DJ's catch. I only got to catch a bit of the game. Based on that, I'm assuming KM played quite well?

Murray was good for most of the game.

Hes not taking stupid sacks any more and very few negative plays.

The reason I was convinced the Cardinals should draft him had more to do with his mental makeup than his physical. The kid is just a winner and he works harder than anyone else on the team.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Murray was good for most of the game.

Hes not taking stupid sacks any more and very few negative plays.

The reason I was convinced the Cardinals should draft him had more to do with his mental makeup than his physical. The kid is just a winner and he works harder than anyone else on the team.

I have to say I hated the decision to trade Rosen and draft him, but I have to say he's been winning me over. Early on, man, it was rough, but the progression is clear to see. It was nice checking the score when I couldn't watch and being pleasantly surprised we were winning, then watch him play well when I could watch the game. Even with the defense collapsing, he still played well. I remember a nice little pass for a first down absolutely dropped by a receiver that should be cut (couldn't tell who it was--I was viewing on my computer). So even on a three-and-out, Murray was doing well. Just needs more help around him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Post game, Murray stated that the throw was a “bad throw” but DJ made up for it. Murray said he didn’t mean to under- throw that pass...
But what is very encouraging about him is that he recognized the mismatch with the Linebacker lined up on DJ, and threw the ball to the right guy... the unintended under-throw notwithstanding... [emoji106]

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think Murray has to stop throwing off his back foot on s those fade passes. It was underthrown because he didnt step into it.
That's gonna take a year or 2 of good coaching footwork and mechanics, but it will happen. A lot of big arm QBs have that habit when they come into the NFL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I have to say I hated the decision to trade Rosen and draft him, but I have to say he's been winning me over. Early on, man, it was rough, but the progression is clear to see. It was nice checking the score when I couldn't watch and being pleasantly surprised we were winning, then watch him play well when I could watch the game. Even with the defense collapsing, he still played well. I remember a nice little pass for a first down absolutely dropped by a receiver that should be cut (couldn't tell who it was--I was viewing on my computer). So even on a three-and-out, Murray was doing well. Just needs more help around him.

I shared the same feelings. I wasn’t thrilled either, but then he started showcasing that arm.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's gonna take a year or 2 of good coaching footwork and mechanics, but it will happen. A lot of big arm QBs have that habit when they come into the NFL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mahomes threw off his back foot in college almost 80% of the time. That was the knock against him coming into the draft. He still does, but not to that extent.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, I started watching Murray very early on last year at OU. Mainly because I loved watching Lincoln Riley's offenses. And it certainly wasn't because I thought the Cardinals were even remotely in the market for another QB. I have always loved the prototypical 6'5" pocket passers. I was just enamored with the kid's quick & effortless release. His quiet, yet intense demeanor, and ability to make big plays at the most critical junctures sold me. I just wasn't even thinking that he would announce for the draft. Early on, I was thinking we'd draft Bosa, and continue to develop Rosen. Once he announced, I went back & studied every Rosen play, both his senior year at UCLA & last year with the Cardinals. For me, it was too difficult to pass on Murray. I am still pretty convinced that Shanahan would have taken him at #2. I had nightmares envisioning us trying to stop Murray for the next decade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled thinking about watching Bosa play against us either. But, his injury history may impact at least some of his playing time.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PaCardsFan, you make VG points about Bosa and KM. For me it comes down to the QB being more valuable than a DE. But, it does look like that both players were worthy of their draft position.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Murray has to stop throwing off his back foot on s those fade passes. It was underthrown because he didnt step into it.
He throws the ball like a fade away jumper to mitigate his lack of height. It is going to require some serious reps for him to change this.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was not on the Murray bandwagon and some others such as Buckybird were but he is starting to win me over. I realize he is a rookie and will still make mistakes but I see a bright future for him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I saw a stat today about how few turnovers the Cardinals have had.

Murray has been pretty damn good at protecting the football. What I noticed when I watched film is that he is good at sensing when rushers are coming at him. I think because he is smaller and is always looking to protect himself, he's developed the ability to feel the rush.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a stat today about how few turnovers the Cardinals have had.

Murray has been pretty damn good at protecting the football. What I noticed when I watched film is that he is good at sensing when rushers are coming at him. I think because he is smaller and is always looking to protect himself, he's developed the ability to feel the rush.

Like the play in the first half where he faked a hand-off and was immediately facing a defender rushing at him so he literally sat down on the play? In live action it looked like a sack, but he must have made it back to the line of scrimmage (because we gave up no sacks and had only one tackle for loss).

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good to avoid the pass rush when there is no pass rush from the opposing team. It also makes our offensive line look better.

So the argument is: Is our offensive line and QB good at handling the pass rush or has the pass rush been so bad the past few games that the O-Line and QB look good in countering it?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Like the play in the first half where he faked a hand-off and was immediately facing a defender rushing at him so he literally sat down on the play? In live action it looked like a sack, but he must have made it back to the line of scrimmage (because we gave up no sacks and had only one tackle for loss).
It was a loss, but it was a designed running play so it didn't count as a sack, but a tackle for a loss.