Former Cardinal Anquan Boldin to retire a Raven

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That's funny Q, you really showed them Cardinals, but I have no problem with this at all... since a majority of your highlights are in a Cardinal uniform :)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well Q was A great cardinal, but he was offered a fine top contract and wanted more than Larry- then Larry signed! But really he lost my heart when he held out with fake injury with Darnell Dockett - now Cards stepped up and paid both early - paid them well too!

He went to ravens for a lot less money- he was not the card fan bow tie was - don’t let the dork hit you where the good lord split you.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is no matter how great you are at your job, you are never larger than the organization. There is a reason that Hubris is one of the seven deadly sins.

Both of these are true:

He was a great Cardinal

He comes across as petty and petulant years later

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I ain't mad at him. Loved him as a Card, but it's his decision. Godspeed 81.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
revisionist history... he deserved it more then Carson Palmer did and it’s not even a question.

Can’t say I blame him he was a monster in Baltimore and was a HUGE key making big play after big play during the playoff run and eventual SB victory. Good for him.

Exactly. It is sad that Carson deserves to be there.

It says more about how bad we have sucked over the decades that Palmer is there and Boldin isn't.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember reading a quote by a Steeler who said Q didn't even bother trying to chase down Harrison. Have a nice life, Anquan.

clearly that’s BS I was there and saw him chase which is shown clear as day in this clip as well but had a steeler shielding/blocking him... You guys crack me up...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really don't care.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
meh... he was the second best player on the team and was left in the bench during the biggest time in this teams history... He had a right to be angry especially being the competitor he was and the blood sweat and tears he’d sweated for this team. Much ado about nothing. Like I said revisionist history.

Me thinks Kurt Warner was best player on that team and Fitz was second best. You could argue either way and I would accept it.

Boldin was a distant third, and distant by a wide margin. Fitz was substantially better, and his career has been substantially better.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I was surprised to see Q’s numbers with Baltimore in their postseason SB run: 22 receptions, 380 yards, 4 TD’s... Probably got Flacco paid.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Been dead to me for over 10yrs...still have his throwback jersey from the SDS days

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to see Q’s numbers with Baltimore in their postseason SB run: 22 receptions, 380 yards, 4 TD’s... Probably got Flacco paid.

He was a GAM during that run... It was like the 3rd best run in a playoff by a WR in NFL history behind Fitz and Rice. Resulting in a SB and I think cemented his possible HOF CONSIDERATION in the future.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its a nice jersey loved him with the Cards...but once he put on that Ravens jersey he becomes just another opponent

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin was a distant third, and distant by a wide margin. Fitz was substantially better
Wow, we all love Fitz, but this seems like revisionist history. In his 95 games over his 7 seasons with the Cardinals, Boldin averaged 89 touches, 1104 yards, and 6.3 TDs per year. In his first six seasons (92 games), Fitz averaged 90 touches, 1187 yards, and 9.7 TDs per year.

Boldin's style and toughness led to more injuries, but on a per-16-games basis, Boldin averaged 105 touches, 1302 yards, and 7 TDs, while Fitz averaged 94 touches, 1234 yards, and 10 TDs.

In his 202 career games, Boldin reached 13779 yards, 82 TDs, and a Super Bowl ring. In his first 202 games, Fitz had 14389 yards and 104 TDs.

No argument that Fitz was better, and missing about 10% of his games hurts Boldin's case, but I don't think the margin is as wide as you portray, especially during the time they were both with the Cardinals.

...dave

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, we all love Fitz, but this seems like revisionist history. In his 95 games over his 7 seasons with the Cardinals, Boldin averaged 89 touches, 1104 yards, and 6.3 TDs per year. In his first six seasons (92 games), Fitz averaged 90 touches, 1187 yards, and 9.7 TDs per year.

Boldin's style and toughness led to more injuries, but on a per-16-games basis, Boldin averaged 105 touches, 1302 yards, and 7 TDs, while Fitz averaged 94 touches, 1234 yards, and 10 TDs.

In his 202 career games, Boldin reached 13779 yards, 82 TDs, and a Super Bowl ring. In his first 202 games, Fitz had 14389 yards and 104 TDs.

No argument that Fitz was better, and missing about 10% of his games hurts Boldin's case, but I don't think the margin is as wide as you portray, especially during the time they were both with the Cardinals.

...dave
Yup.. People just are mad at him now and have forgotten just how good he was.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he wanted to retire a Raven, that tells you where his loyalties are. Thanks for the memories, but seeeeya.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson