Former Cardinal Anquan Boldin to retire a Raven

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did win a super bowl there but obviously played less. 3 years SF, 3 years BAL, 7 years AZ.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We retired Carson Palmer's #. So I get it.

Sad thing is Boldin's time and play here is bound to be forgotten.

A shame becone he was a highlight reel here.

So many great plays........it is a shame.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we didn't pull that Vikings game out of our a$$, we probably draft a QB at #1, and then Boldin plays the brunt of his career with the Cardinals. But, then no Fitz:hairraise:hairraise

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fitz still would have been the #1 pick. Denny was tight with him.

You may be right. Denny did love the kid, but...… you never draft a WR over a legit franchise QB. Let's not forget that both Big Ben & Eli have won 2 SB's. Big Ben would have 5 rings if he didn't have that ball & chain (Tomlin) wrapped around both legs.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Arizona, Boldin was unhappy and obnoxious more often than he was not. No surprise. He shouldn’t be in the RoH

revisionist history... he deserved it more then Carson Palmer did and it’s not even a question.

Can’t say I blame him he was a monster in Baltimore and was a HUGE key making big play after big play during the playoff run and eventual SB victory. Good for him.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Class act guy - should have retired as a Red Bird - many many good years here.

3 years vs 7

strange decision - must have been bad blood when leaving

Met him a few times at training camp - total class act

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
revisionist history... he deserved it more then Carson Palmer did and it’s not even a question.

Can’t say I blame him he was a monster in Baltimore and was a HUGE key making big play after big play during the playoff run and eventual SB victory. Good for him.

Pouting during the NFC Championship celebration...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pouting during the NFC Championship celebration...

meh... he was the second best player on the team and was left in the bench during the biggest time in this teams history... He had a right to be angry especially being the competitor he was and the blood sweat and tears he’d sweated for this team. Much ado about nothing. Like I said revisionist history.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wow. Really? That is weak. He rented that Super Bowl title. If he didn’t act like such a baby while with Drew Rosenhaus and actually hustled like Larry during that James Harrison’s TD, he would’ve earned one in AZ. He WAS my favorite player on the team during his tenure with Cards up until he pulled that BS at NFC Championship game. His jealousy— egged on by Drew Rosenhaus— of Fitz the player is what led to his bitchassness.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
meh... he was the second best player on the team and was left in the bench during the biggest time in this teams history... He had a right to be angry especially being the competitor he was and the blood sweat and tears he’d sweated for this team. Much ado about nothing. Like I said revisionist history.

Nothing revisionist about pouting because he wasnt part of a particular package and because a better player was getting the limelight.

Fitzgerald had been all class, while Boldin cared about himself.

I'm a Cardinals fan and when someone puts themselves above the team....show them the door and good riddance.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Furthermore, the Cards could’ve traded him to any team they wanted and traded him to one of the greatest teams of the decade for pocket change just so he could go to a winner.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
while Boldin cared about himself
Fitz yes is a total class act & remained loyal to the organization for his entire career, but saying This about Q is way off base imo.

#11 is my fav of the 2 without a doubt but #81 played hard & gave everything he had when on the field. The same guy who played 2 weeks later after having his jaw fractured & wired shut on a vicious hit that could’ve been fatal or lead to paralysis.

Rumors were Wiz stuck his nose in Quans contract situation & in the front office or the team renigged on a deal. We will never no the truth, but it’s hard to talk bad about a guy whom helped turn this franchise around & played hard every down. His juices were flowing to play & Haley did have the last say & you know what? It worked out & we won the biggest game in franchise history

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that the end of his time with the Cardinals is so controversial.

Boldin was an AMAZING player when he was in AZ. He has some grade A highlight plays when wearing red.

Warner was right, when he told Fitzgerald he was the second best receiver, at that time, of course.

Fitzgerald has obviously surpassed him as s wide receiver.

Oh well, past is in the past.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose