Kyler Murray Stat Line vs. Falcons

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Still early. I think he has a chance to be Rookie of the Year.

That would the Cardinals first ever ROY award? I don't think Fitz received it...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim explains what went into them picking Isabella
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

However, his reasoning for why he isn't playing makes no sense if you take him in the 2nd round.

I tried to post a gag thread yesterday but accidentally posted it to the wrong board and deleted it. My joke was Isabella needs to play more because it's not coincidence he was in on the TD's to Edmonds, Maxx and the long catch and run to DJ play. Teams are so scared of Andy it opens it up for everyone else.

It's early in his career but right now I see a guy who acts like he really doesn't want the ball. Even those 2 TD plays especially the first one you see how open he is, and where he is and it's like unless the design of that play is for him to stay back to lure the defense to the right side, it just looked like he was hoping Murray wouldn't throw him the ball.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I tried to post a gag thread yesterday but accidentally posted it to the wrong board and deleted it. My joke was Isabella needs to play more because it's not coincidence he was in on the TD's to Edmonds, Maxx and the long catch and run to DJ play. Teams are so scared of Andy it opens it up for everyone else.

It's early in his career but right now I see a guy who acts like he really doesn't want the ball. Even those 2 TD plays especially the first one you see how open he is, and where he is and it's like unless the design of that play is for him to stay back to lure the defense to the right side, it just looked like he was hoping Murray wouldn't throw him the ball.
I think Kliff should make an effort to actually get him a catch. Can't risky totally losing this kid's confidence and think he's only a gadget guy.

Throw him a screen, do a pop pass when he motions over, etc. He's watching guys like Sherfield, Cooper out there ahead of him. Routes and hands are why he's not playing but neither are strong in those areas either.

He did do great as a decoy, but its time to show off speed. Eventually teams will stop biting on that.

Also we need to start handing the ball off more under center because its getting predictable that its a play action when Murray lines up under center.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree with your first paragraph, but how does one "look" like he doesn't want the ball? Is he waving to K1 to NOT throw him the ball? Isabella doesn't appear to be a prima donna type, so you'll never see him get in Murray's face screaming "throw me the damn ball". Tape is tape & unless KK is a moron, he definitely sees that Isabella is getting open. Maybe on a critical 3rd down play, Murray just doesn't have enough faith yet? Or maybe he just doesn't like Italian guys:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with your first paragraph, but how does one "look" like he doesn't want the ball? Is he waving to K1 to NOT throw him the ball? Isabella doesn't appear to be a prima donna type, so you'll never see him get in Murray's face screaming "throw me the damn ball". Tape is tape & unless KK is a moron, he definitely sees that Isabella is getting open. Maybe on a critical 3rd down play, Murray just doesn't have enough faith yet? Or maybe he just doesn't like Italian guys:D

On the first play he comes screaming over the right side, the announcers yelling "Isabella is wide open" but if you watch if anything he backs up so he's further from the endzone. I get it if he just turns the corner the defender that is tryign to get there will have a better angle to get to him but it was like he ran the route in a way that it was least likely he'd get the ball.

Yes the "fault" there is on Kyler for not seeing the wide open guy but if Murray does turn that way and throw he's probably going to then be wishing Andy had actually started upfield as if hey I'm wide open give me the ball. But again maybe the design of the play was for him to stay there as an outlet I don't know.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were two jet sweep motions by Isabella. One would have been a run that was completely ignored. The next would have been a wide open wheel route. Atlanta was paying ZERO attention to him. Both of those were early and I told my son it's coming and they are ignoring it and might be a huge play but it never happened

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man..I don't know how this wasn't Kyler's highest graded game.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess I should have mentally prepared myself for this when Watson put up 440 total yards and 5 TDs and they said Kyler was better than him vs. the Bengals, lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson