ATL @ ARI: Heroes and Goats

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ragged on Pugh ever since his signing but he brought it yesterday. I had him confused with Sweezy a few times. Check out Edmonds long catch and run down the left sideline and you’ll see Maxx Williams running his guy off the field and Pugh throwing big blocks 30 yards past the LOS. Beautiful thing to see everyone buying in.

Here is Edmonds run with Pugh leading the way down field. It was actually LB Deion Jones who gets destroyed by Pugh.

https://www.azcardinals.com/video/edmonds-pinballs-off-defenders-for-31-yards

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The sit down play was a bad read on the run option, the RB was open and the man covering Kyler was totally ready for him. I have no issue with the sit down, he had no option, the bigger mistake was keeping the ball on that play.

Exactly this - Kyler made a bad read on keeping the ball, and didn't make a bad decision worse by taking a monster hit because of it. Looked ugly, but coming out of that play with an injured QB would have been much, much uglier.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What more does Kyler need to, to get on the Heroes list? He should have been on top of it after yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jinx’s don’t exist and people who think they do are frankly silly ;)

Well, I didn't put my flag out for the Bengals game, after all, we were winless so the flag was bad luck IMO, and we won. Then this weekend I astutely judged that putting up the flag was the key to beating the Falcons, and we won.

You are all welcome.

I now feel enormous pressure for this coming Sunday. It's all on me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sooo...

Do you believe him?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think it would have been idiotic, because I think we set up horribly for short-yardage situations (this stems from one 3rd and short in the 2nd half--I didn't get to watch much of the game). Shotgun on 3rd and short is just moronic. I'm happy for the most part with KK's progressing, and much happier with KM's development right now, but there's just a lot more work this offense has to do before it becomes good.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think it would have been idiotic, because I think we set up horribly for short-yardage situations (this stems from one 3rd and short in the 2nd half--I didn't get to watch much of the game). Shotgun on 3rd and short is just moronic. I'm happy for the most part with KK's progressing, and much happier with KM's development right now, but there's just a lot more work this offense has to do before it becomes good.
If you punt the ball you may as well just give them 3 points anyways. If you have faith in your QB and O-Line to pick it up than go for it.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i was saying if they mark us short you have to go for it. remember when we beat Atlanta in wild card game. we had 3rd and 10 or 15 and they had no time outs down 6 with like 150 left. i daid we had to throw and they did for a first down. You cant beat momentum.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, I didn't put my flag out for the Bengals game, after all, we were winless so the flag was bad luck IMO, and we won. Then this weekend I astutely judged that putting up the flag was the key to beating the Falcons, and we won.

You are all welcome.

I now feel enormous pressure for this coming Sunday. It's all on me.

haha. well if we have about 15000 fans that are superstitious. than the combination of them all following their routine needs to be kept. Someone needs to get a database going. lol

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My point is that I hate using shotgun in 3rd and 4th and short situations. Get your ass under the center or, to KK, get the QB's ass under center!
I agree if you have a 6'5 240 lb QB. shotgun gives you a view of what hole may be open. Did you see the quote from an Atlanta Defensive player. he said we tried sacking him. dude is fast as hell. not exact words but exact point

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Jinx’s don’t exist and people who think they do are frankly silly ;)

Jinkxes absolutely exist. I remember this game clear as day in the 1985 LCS during this famous at-bat. NBC showed this graphic with the Wizard down 0-2 just before the pitch from Tom Niedenfuer:

You must be registered for see images attach

Then:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jinkxes absolutely exist. I remember this game clear as day in the 1985 LCS during this famous at-bat. NBC showed this graphic with the Wizard down 0-2 just before the pitch from Tom Niedenfuer:

You must be registered for see images attach

Then:

that’s chance not jinx ;)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I like what I see from Jonathon Bullard...seems like a solid player.

Side note - I can't remember being so confident in a Cardinal offense that we would drive/score at the end of a game. ATL missed the XP but I don't think it mattered...we would have moved the ball down the field and kicked a FG to win anyway.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eventually Andy is going to catch a bomb for a long TD... he doesn't get many snaps, but I find myself paying attention to him every time he does.
I was thinking the same. Kliff is setting up defenses to ignore Isabella. The plan is to go boom for a long throw. Hope Isabella is ready when that time comes.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk