Any Posters Who Still Think

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m a little miffed at “ ya but we beat a bad team” banter. There are 16 “ poor” teams in the league and we are one of them.

But remember the Patriots, saints, and the likes are feasting on these poorer teams too. Every loss we suffered this year has been against winning teams. We tied one of them and we’ve been in every game except against the Seahawks.

Anyone remember losing 24-6, 33-0, 31-6 last year? At least we are respectable this year beating the teams we SHOULD beat.

Edit: ain’t it funny the Cowboys beat the Giants, Redskins and Dolphins and the media had them Super Bowl bound?
Yeah, most on the board knew this team wasn’t going to win many games. You may be miffed with us realists but we feel the same about the kool aid drinkers who say we aren’t true fans. This team hasn’t turn the corner, they won by the skin of their teeth against CIN & ATL. ATL the way they were playing may have won the game in OT if their money K doesn’t shank the extra point. This defense is going to cost this team wins going forward. The positive IMO is the offense looks to be improving but the test will come against a good team’s defense. As BW52 said, there are no moral victories, the proof is in the pudding.

Regarding DAL, they were overhyped. I knew they would choke at some point this year. Had DAL lost to NY, WAS & MIA, you think their fans would be as optimistic as the kool aid drinkers on this board? Their fans would be rioting because their expectations were higher than ours going into the season.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was team Rosen but as soon as we drafted Murray I was team Murray. I don't need to get on the bandwagon cause i never got off. I will say this, in 6 weeks I have seen obviously more from Murray than we did from Rosen all of last year. The main thing I am seeing is that he is learning from his mistakes and I did not see that from Rosen all of last season.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked Bosa a lot but I also realized the QBOTF still needed to be addressed. Bosa brothers injury history concerned me as well. I was very happy with the pick, I've been a Kyler fan since day 1.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
for you older fans out there I think Josh Rosen is in a situation like Norm Snead was his early years.Terrible Redskins and Eagles teams of the early 60`s.
I do feel bad for the guy. The Miami situation might be worse than last year here... All Rosen can hope for is to keep his head right and stay focused so he can earn that backup job there or somewhere else.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
overseascardfan, no way do I consider people who didn't want KM NOT to be true fans. I, at the time of the draft was SURPRISED by a lot of the hate for KM, even after he was selected. And I just wanted to know if the first six games had changed your minds. I'll admit I am a Kool Aider, but know we have a ways to go before we can compete for the playoffs, but I think we're moving in the right direction. Having a QB "on the cheap" is a big help.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Quinnen. I was really disappointed with the pick. I honestly thought Murray was just hype for the NFL. My boss, a Sooners and Seahawks fan, was the total opposite. He would’ve been happy if Seattle traded Wilson for that first pick straight up.

I like what I see from Murray, and I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong. Even after just 6 games, he’s improved a lot, and he looks like a keeper.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Don’t get the hate for Rosen. Yeah it didn’t work out, but he’s a good dude and many of the variables that kept him from succeeding here were out of his control.
The hate for Rosen has nothing to do with football.

The kid is the stereotype for what many use for a whipping post these days and I will leave it at that.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was team Rosen but as soon as we drafted Murray I was team Murray. I don't need to get on the bandwagon cause i never got off. I will say this, in 6 weeks I have seen obviously more from Murray than we did from Rosen all of last year. The main thing I am seeing is that he is learning from his mistakes and I did not see that from Rosen all of last season.

I saw more good from Murray this week than I ever saw in Rosen.

As bad as Keim managed alot of aspects of this team over the past few years, moving on from Rosen has been a very smart move.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Don’t get the hate for Rosen. Yeah it didn’t work out, but he’s a good dude and many of the variables that kept him from succeeding here were out of his control.

Yes but he never elevated anything.

A franchise QB elevates those around him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I just want to tell BW52, that IMO, he HAS BEEN consistently good. His first six games have been close to "record setting". He has taken a team, offensively, that was either on the bottom or close to it, and brought them to the top half of the NFL. FB is not a sport where one person can turn a team around completely, but he has going (offense) going in the right direction. JMO.

Sure things seem to be heading upwards.IMO yesterday was the first game he played a consistent solid game for 4 quarters.As for bringing the team up offensively just remember he has better players to do it with than the mess last season.His OLINE is better,better TEs,better WRs and maybe a HC who isn`t over his head hopefully.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is Murray is a stud. Anyone still hating on him is either intellectually challenged or morally dishonest. At this given moment, he’s one of the top ten most valuable players in the NFL. I welcome a debate on the topic.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wills and McCoy share in the blame, not just Rosen so be thankful we didn’t win a couple more last year or we’d probably still have those bums!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The bottom line is Murray is a stud. Anyone still hating on him is either intellectually challenged or morally dishonest. At this given moment, he’s one of the top ten most valuable players in the NFL. I welcome a debate on the topic.

Top 10 most valuable players in the NFL? Nonsense.Homer much?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think the pick is like any other pick you only know after they play some games. So far KM is better than I'd thought he'd be so if you want eating crow out of me I'd be glad to.

That's the least any fan can do I care more about the long term health of the team than I care about being right.

Still think we have a ton of holes but in terms of this pick so far so good, I see some progress out of him. Time will tell etc.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That the team made a mistake, drafting KM #1 overall? I know at the time of the Draft there were a bunch. I'm assuming they have all climbed on the Murray bandwagon, but don't really know.

i don’t do bandwagon for any team or player. I’m a Cardinal fan period.

I hated the Kyler Murray pick at 1.

Not a mistake, I’ve seen enough. I see something special in Kyler.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was all for drafting Murray and keeping Rosen and then figuring out who was best. The QB position is just too important to take a chance on making the wrong decision. You get the best QB you possibly can. You just do. Everything else happens after that.

So, I was glad they chose Murray, but a little nervous they traded Rose, especially for so little. I expected Murray to be the better QB, but Steve Keim has a history of making bad first round picks.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Ok tell me how many players in the league could be traded straight up for him right now.

Since KM depends on KK offense who wants to change their offense to fit Murray?Otherwise IMO
these guys are more valuable to their teams right now.
1.Tom Brady-just being Brady
2.Russell Wilson-14 TD passes 0 ints
3.Pat Mahomes-enough said
4.Deshaun Watson-12 TDs 3 ints
5.lamar Jackson-10-3 record as a starting QB 11 TDs 5 ints
6.Christian McCaffrey-nearly 1000 yards from scrimmmage
7.Teddy Bridgewater 4-0 replacing injured Brees,
8.Kyle Allen 4-0 replacing Cam Newton-saved their butts for a while
9.Derek Carr-3-2 record with the worst WR bunch in the NFL

your gushing over a guy with 6 games homerism to the extreme.Would I trade Murray for a number 1 pick? I would seriously think hard about it.Murray is a rookie QB on a team with low expectations.So you tell me why KM is so freaking great right now.I said he played a good game yesterday IMO.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’re going to sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Did you watch this team last year. Seriously Bud, I cannot believe you aren’t at least excited a little bit based on what he’s done and the growth he has shown as the season has rolled along.

But okay. I won’t bother you anymore but there are probably a lot of great seats available as you watch the bandwagon go rolling by.
Don't bother with him. He won't be truly happy unless KM1 crashes and burns, then he can run back here and say "I told you so!" Trolls gotta troll.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Q Williams during the draft and thought that Rosen could do well in KK’s system.

After seeing the results so far I am very happy that we drafted KM1 now and glad that I was wrong about the draft.

Now let’s set him up for success and give him some weapons and a decent O line.

Same sentiments.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don't bother with him. He won't be truly happy unless KM1 crashes and burns, then he can run back here and say "I told you so!" Trolls gotta troll.
Dumb. Stop calling people trolls for having other opinions.

I’m on the bright side at the moment but a troll is someone who just sticks around to get a reaction. Can’t blame someone for wanting to give it some time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose