If the season ended today, the Arizona Cardinals would own the 14th pick in next April’s NFL Draft

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals, with only 2 wins so far, would be picking 14th in the draft it the season ended today. Crazy to think how many terrible teams there are in the NFL this year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The season is not yet half over, but I'm almost off the We Need An OL in the first round. Not saying that we don't need our OL to improve, just that we need defensive help more. So, I'm on the BPA for the front seven, with an OT my second choice. Naturally, what we do in FA will impact the draft.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that the tie is going to be the thing that comes back to haunt us for draft position. If we were 2-4, instead of 2-3-1, we would probably be top 10 right now.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The season is not yet half over, but I'm almost off the We Need An OL in the first round. Not saying that we don't need our OL to improve, just that we need defensive help more. So, I'm on the BPA for the front seven, with an OT my second choice. Naturally, what we do in FA will impact the draft.

I agree. The defense is the #1 priority. However, they cannot ignore the OL in the draft like they seem to do every year.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I agree. The defense is the #1 priority. However, they cannot ignore the OL in the draft like they seem to do every year.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RT is a definite need, defense first I agree. Keep Justin Murray for depth though for sure.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Cardinals, with only 2 wins so far, would be picking 14th in the draft it the season ended today. Crazy to think how many terrible teams there are in the NFL this year.
I look at it more that there is a very thin line between being terrible and competitive in this league.

No better example then the game yesterday, we won because the other team misses the extra point.

Its a thin red line, that is for sure.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we should continue to build on the o-line but this team needs defense. A couple of real starters in free agency and some speed in the draft.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still has to be BPA. A legit #1 WR would help this offense so much but yes we need defense too

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We’ll definitely be out of Chase Young range and if we don’t end up with Andrew Thomas then I’d look at AJ Epenesa, Tristan Wirfs, Jerry Jeudy and Grant Delpit. My philosophy is LT is the hardest position to fill. Pass rushers hit the FA market more often than a franchise LT so thus my coveting of Thomas who looks to be a franchise LT that starts Day 1. Not sure I’d pay Humphries $12M a year with how inconsistent he is and his durability issues. I would rather have Thomas on a rookie deal and use the money on a pass rusher in FA like Clowney should SEA not franchise him. If Humphries was open to playing RT then maybe consider re-signing him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

What's crazier is seeing some traditionally good teams (Steelers) that have a chance to draft higher than some of the bad teams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was doing the mental gymnastics last night. Suppose the Cards didn't like Rosen and didn't draft him last year. Stay at 15 the pick was Kolton Miller to the Raiders, he's ok but I don't think a huge loss at least not yet. If we had moved up the 11th pick just after Rosen was Minkah Fitzpatrick, now a Steeler and I like him but we weren't moving up to take him.

So we did lose picks etc with Rosen but there's not one guy that immediately jumps out at me as man if we waited one year we'd have Murray AND him. Maybe Courtland Sutton who was the 40th pick he kinds of looks like he might be really good

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at it more that there is a very thin line between being terrible and competitive in this league.

No better example then the game yesterday, we won because the other team misses the extra point.

Its a thin red line, that is for sure.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

And if we get that INT in the lions game we win that. It’s the nfl win some lose some

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave