Loved Kyler Murray today

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This win was very good for his confidence. He was laughing about the mistakes he made (like not extending his arm for the first down) in the presser. We can laugh about it know but if that old bald dude from Atlanta hadn’t had a nervous breakdown, Kyler would not be having a good time right now. Also: I will never complain about officiating again
Yeah, we've been on the wrong end of bad calls more often than not lol.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is improving each week and was damn good today. Using his legs as a weapon and the kid can spin it. And NO turnovers.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
One of kylers best plays today was throwing the ball into the ground at the RB’s feet in the middle of the line.

He would not have done that a few weeks ago and it was the smartest thing to do at that moment

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
These last 2 games have been a big confidence booster for this offense, bad teams but maybe this is a great way to get on track for when we have to face good teams. It was really fun to watch and was happy to see what we can be when we're clicking. I really hope KK learns how to adjust at halftime, the 1st 3 drives after half we're pretty bland, but I think he'll learn as he goes with the help of the older coaches

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Kid gets the respect for me to call him the full-on Kyler Murray, finally. I'm pretty amped.

After the win, he's up there giving good responses on the podium, too. I saw him dictate an offense, run it from the bottom up, make dynamic plays, and kick ass.

Not to mention - strong accuracy, a super fast release, and dynamic speed in certain moments. I loved that he said it was a learning moment to put the ball forward on that final run for the first down.

Good going, dude. For the first time in a long time (maybe ever), it's neat to say that QB might just be a pretty bright spot.

He played good today..Now lets see that on a consistent basis and aqainst some good defenses.I think it was his best game so far.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He played good today..Now lets see that on a consistent basis and aqainst some good defenses.I think it was his best game so far.
I know you're a Kyler skeptic, but this is a valid post.

NFC West is loaded with good defenses (unforunately ours is bad)

So yea playing the Rams, 49ers (yeesh) and Seahawks (worst game of the season) will truly tell the tale.

Although to be fair against teams like that we truly do need more talent on offense.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Liked what I saw today from KM.

Liked that KK didn't revert to running 10 personnel every play and kept using 11 and 12 personnel like big boy football and predictably our protection and balance looked night and day better. Didn't like the designed QB runs that much.

Didn't like the busted coverages on the D.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What he is doing at this early stage of his career and makeshift roster is pretty remarkable. No defense. No real receivers behind Fitz and Kirk. Suspect O-line. The roster could actually be less talented than last year's, but he is elevating the players around him.

I'm not sure how good he will be in the end, but I feel safe that he isn't going to be Mariotta or Winston or Goff, for that matter. There really aren't too many other QBs I would take over him right now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only QBs I’m taking over him at their stage of careers is Mahomes, Russ, & Watson.

I’m dead serious.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1

He is improving every week as the season goes along. The thing is there is more for him to improve and he's open to working hard and getting better.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Only QBs I’m taking over him at their stage of careers is Mahomes, Russ, & Watson.

I’m dead serious.
Funny thing is that throwing on the run is the major advantage all those guys have over Kyler. If he ever gets the vision/pocket movement to throw strikes...

Edit: Those guys have a fearlessness in the pocket as well though. Kyler's gotta get that when the rush is bearing down.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

I’m dead serious.

If you are talking rookies all time. I’d say the 3 guys you mentioned, Matt Ryan had a great rookie year, Dan Marino, Dak, Luck and Cam. All those guys turned the corner for their teams their rookie year. Big Ben and Peyton are debatable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you are talking rookies all time. I’d say the 3 guys you mentioned, Matt Ryan had a great rookie year, Dan Marino, Dak, Luck and Cam. All those guys turned the corner for their teams their rookie year. Big Ben and Peyton are debatable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baker Mayfield was great his rookie year as well. Which goes to show this has to be an ongoing thing.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the guys who are still like well let’s see it on a consistent basis lol he’s balled out all year.

haters gonna hate and aint’ers gonna ain’t

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

He is not only a special talent, hes a special kid. What made me want him is how determined he is. The kid wants to be great and he has the ability to do it.

When a team is drafting #1 overall, this is what you look for.

Your last sentence is exactly the argument I made going into the draft. It's a good thing the Cardinals listened to me:D

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the guys who are still like well let’s see it on a consistent basis lol he’s balled out all year.

haters gonna hate and aint’ers gonna ain’t
I don’t get it either. Look, it’s not going to candy and nuts every play every game. There will be times when we ask what was he thinking.

But I for one see a pretty darn good qb that appears to be getting better and better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave