Bottom line is

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
these defensive players & it’s coaching is just dumb! The same mental errors EVERY week:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

1) Can’t stop 3rd & 10+

2) Soft off zone coverages that a HS kid could complete passes against.

3) dumb penalties

4) can’t cover a TE if he had 2 ACL injuries

Over & over & over!!! Like a broken record.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well Bucky it reminds me of the Bill Davis defense years ago, (he is on the staff again) but the turnovers haven’t came in bunches. It drives me nuts but did keep us in the top ten a few years. We are just now coming into regular season form, because we skipped the preseason, with new coaches, defense and qb - that was stupid

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
these defensive players & it’s coaching is just dumb! The same mental errors EVERY week:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

1) Can’t stop 3rd & 10+

2) Soft off zone coverages that a HS kid could complete passes against.

3) dumb penalties

4) can’t cover a TE if he had 2 ACL injuries

Over & over & over!!! Like a broken record.
We're up 20-10 at halftime & probably should be 24-6 if not for some "dumb" penalties & bad clock management, but I'll take it. So far we haven't punted & we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
We're up 20-10 at halftime & probably should be 24-6 if not for some "dumb" penalties & bad click management, but I'll take it. So far we haven't punted & we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

A work in progress. Showing just how bad Wilks was. Massive improvement even with an atrocious defensive roster

THESMEL

Reaction score
A work in progress. Showing just how bad Wilks was. Massive improvement even with an atrocious defensive roster

Man I see a lot of young ex cards playing well in the nfl, that player dump under Wilkes hurt, set us back, but is what it is - feel like we might be able to compet for the division - if we toughen up, lucky we don’t have the division early

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Man I see a lot of young ex cards playing well in the nfl, that player dump under Wilkes hurt, set us back, but is what it is - feel like we might be able to compet for the division - if we toughen up, lucky we don’t have the division early

I now understand why Michael Bidwill had to completely wipe down the chalkboard and start over with something that the NFL had not seen before. Wilks subjected the fan base to absolute garbage

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Once again too much soft zone coverages. Me & everyone on this board could complete 70% of those easy passes. Except for Shane would be around 50% lol

Wake the fudge up now Joseph or you will give this game away.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reddick again takes a false step this defense is pathetic. Soft as hell. VJ is a joke

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Little pass rush, especially in the middle & yeah let’s play soft 3 deep zones.

That’s the recipe for a monumental meltdown defensively. Lol

Great job Vance you suck

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score

Great job Vance you suck

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Well Bucky it reminds me of the Bill Davis defense years ago, (he is on the staff again) but the turnovers haven’t came in bunches. It drives me nuts but did keep us in the top ten a few years. We are just now coming into regular season form, because we skipped the preseason, with new coaches, defense and qb - that was stupid
No excuse Thesmel to continue doing what you’ve done repeatedly. And woth poor results. Inexcusable

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just thinking earlier that this is the worst defense we’ve had since Billy Davis ran the group lol.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not just kids making mistakes. Jones and Suggs offsides on back to back plays. Any misdirection play fools them all. Just plain bad.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not just kids making mistakes. Jones and Suggs offsides on back to back plays. Any misdirection play fools them all. Just plain bad.
That was painful...and embarrassing. I can't remember the last time I saw two consecutive offside result in a first down.. especially with it being 3rd down. That chapped my ass for sure. Lol

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Great job Vance you suck
VJ has little to work with this DLine being atrocious that includes Suggs and Jones. LBs are terrible and that is being nice. There is not much to work with but he is coaching them below par to the talent.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
VJ has little to work with this DLine being atrocious that includes Suggs and Jones. LBs are terrible and that is being nice. There is not much to work with but he is coaching them below par to the talent.

The Philon, Peterson, and Nkemdiche incidents in the offseason would have broken the back of just about any DC

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Philon, Peterson, and Nkemdiche incidents in the offseason would have broken the back of just about any DC
VJ has also broken Chandler Jones and to an extent Suggs. That is a problem.

THESMEL

Reaction score
No excuse Thesmel to continue doing what you’ve done repeatedly. And woth poor results. Inexcusable
I aint making excuses just promoting the fact
I want cards to do the same fundamentally good thingy over and over again and expect the same fantastic results!
There are fundamentals that every Super Bowl and championship team practiced and then executed on game day- they are not the cardinals priority and are not very consistent nor good at them.

Starting with put playcalers

THESMEL

Reaction score
I was just thinking earlier that this is the worst defense we’ve had since Billy Davis ran the group lol.
Actually look a our defensive rankings under Green and davis, they were good until whiz started passing too much-

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson