Glad we have Murray and not Rosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe I speak for many that when the opportunity presented itself to upgrade to Murray, we were onboard. I can’t speak for everyone that wanted Murray at #1, but I NEVER hated Rosen. I don’t blame Keim for moving up to draft him. It was the right thing to do at the time. But, it was also the right thing to do when we upgraded to Murray. The QB position is just that important to success in the NFL. I have no animosity towards Rosen & I hope he does get a shot. But, I’m thrilled we drafted Murray. We have a lot of holes still, but the QB position is in good hands.
Like I said back in the day... My opinion and feeling was, this was all set in motion a long time ago....nothing was on a whim. Even when kk got on vid and said he would nab him number 1. Keim and Mb made the decision to go that route and make a huge jump/risky decision to rejuvenate this fanbase. Needless to say.. if my opinion is justified whatsoever.. it seems to be paying off so far.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Whatever good will Murray may have earned was lost when he chose to put this catastrophe on his body

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Don't you dare judge that shirt. It's freaking amazing.

So here’s a slightly different take:

solar pounded the table for a loooooong time, and continues to pound the table, about all the wasted draft capital in the Rosen/kyler saga. He would’ve rather have hung onto Rosen, because we gave up a 3rd and 5th to get him, and drafted Bosa or Quinnen. And then he slammed the table for drafting kyler and then just getting a 2nd and a 5th next year for Rosen.

now, I am anything but a Keim fan. But what if Keim (a) recognized Rosen didn’t have “it” (which you could say is somewhat being verified by his play last year and this); (b) recognized he wasn’t going to have many chances at a franchise QB again as this was the only time we’ve ever had the #1 pick; and (c) correctly read the market that rosen’s value had sunk (I mean, no one was offering much for him and, again, his play has largely proved those gms unwilling to give up much for him right).

What that would mean would be Keim recognized a devaluing asset, took the better bet, and mitigated the already incurred losses by recouping what he could in draft capital. All that was vastly superior to the alternative of doubling down on the devaluing asset and throwing good money after bad drafting a defensive player who wasn’t going to single-handedly turn the franchise around (as kyler is doing).

This franchise would be winless, and maybe even tie-less had we stuck with Rosen and drafted Bosa or Quinnen. I can’t prove it, but I think my conviction therein is pretty well-deserved.

And mind you, this isn’t me taking credit. I was excited about Murray, but wasn’t touting him as a sure thing. I thought we kinda had to do what we did, but I couldn’t say that with a great deal of certainty. Just seems that with our current hindsight all those gnashing their teeth about the kyler/Rosen ordeal are proving to be . . . well, wrong.
Only quoting since I was commented on, and the reason I argued against Murray was because I didn't think he'd represent a significant upgrade. I wanted a significant difference maker, and thought that Rosen and Murray would represent only a marginal difference.

Where we stand right now, I feel I was wrong. I don't think anyone should speak ill of Josh Rosen, since he appeared to do everything right, and was forced into the worst situation in the league, but right now, Kyler Murray appears to be making something out of nothing, and I'm stoked to see what he can do if he gets the chance to make something out of something, if that makes sense.

Rosen seems like an intelligent guy in bad situations, and while he might be ruined, at least he gets $10 million plus as a consolation prize. I wish him nothing but the best, and I'm now excited for what our current QB can bring.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't hate Rosen, but I really like Murray.

This was a good win for us & I see no reason for kicking dirt on Rosen still, let it go, enjoy our win. Anyone with a lick of sense knows we're better off with Murray but no need to bring up Rosen anymore, we have our QB & JR is a Dolphin now.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that some people still aren't on board with Murray. The hate on Murray was hard after the draft. The haters posted lots for the first few weeks. I think it is fair for people to share comparisons between the two.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Only quoting since I was commented on, and the reason I argued against Murray was because I didn't think he'd represent a significant upgrade. I wanted a significant difference maker, and thought that Rosen and Murray would represent only a marginal difference.

Where we stand right now, I feel I was wrong. I don't think anyone should speak ill of Josh Rosen, since he appeared to do everything right, and was forced into the worst situation in the league, but right now, Kyler Murray appears to be making something out of nothing, and I'm stoked to see what he can do if he gets the chance to make something out of something, if that makes sense.

Rosen seems like an intelligent guy in bad situations, and while he might be ruined, at least he gets $10 million plus as a consolation prize. I wish him nothing but the best, and I'm now excited for what our current QB can bring.
You weren't wrong my man.. we all just had our own opinions of what we thought was best, at the time.. it's what made the message board fun at the time. :).

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The crazy thing. Murray is even better than what anyone gives him credit for. He is posting these stats and do all this knowing the defense sucks!! meaning if he makes 1 mistake we lose. think about that. Rosen comparison is stupid. because he was never a heismann winner or a big time pressure QB in college. Murray has flaws but damn he is being better. dude was 18-19 for 240 yards and a TD at one point in the first half. Rosen couldn't take his best 2 quarters in all his games and add them together and get that. I mean Murray has like 7 NFL records through his first 6 games with a rookie Cosch and a defense that couldn't stop Michigan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree 100% about Rosen. I seriously hope he gets a legit chance with a team with some talent somewhere down the line. But that said, I now fall squarely in the doubters about the potential apex of his career. That said, you are also 100% correct . . . many of us would kill or die to start our professional careers with $10M in the bank. Lucky dude!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is wearing a shirt like Fredo. But he played like Clemenza today

LOL!! After watching The Godfather, my youngest son, who was about 13 then, claimed he'll name his 1st son "Clemenza". He's now 17 & still loves the name. Our last name is Fiorenza, so it does have quite the ring to it.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
No ill will towards Josh but it’s easy to see why the franchise moved in another direction immediately. Best case scenario for Josh is being moved to a stable organization with a franchise QB already entrenched. Nothing wrong with collecting a backup QB salary for the next decade.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Rosen needs a fair chance thing is just an excuse. Highly drafted qb's often do not go to good teams, or good situations. That's the nature of a team with a high draft pick. Even still, he has had two chances now, with two different NFL teams. Rosen is sinking, while Murray is shining. That's the bottom line.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The Rosen needs a fair chance thing is just an excuse. Highly drafted qb's often do not go to good teams, or good situations. That's the nature of a team with a high draft pick. Even still, he has had two chances now, with two different NFL teams. Rosen is sinking, while Murray is shining. That's the bottom line.

if you can`t see that Murray was put in a better situation to succeed then you ain`t watching.Context makes a difference.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if you can`t see that Murray was put in a better situation to succeed then you ain`t watching.Context makes a difference.

Stop. What was Rosen's excuse yesterday when he played the Skins and got benched? If you can't see that Murray is better than Rosen, you ain't watching. Rosen is not a starter in this league.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Stop. What was Rosen's excuse yesterday when he played the Skins and got benched? If you can't see that Murray is better than Rosen, you ain't watching. Rosen is not a starter in this league.

STOP yourself homer.Rosen will be fine .When KM gets benched ( I doubt KK has the nads)when he has a real bad game what will you say? I never said Rosen was better than Murray.I said I preferred Rosen and a top defensive pick instead of taking Murray.Is that too hard for you to understand?IMO Rosen can be a solid Qb in the league.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
STOP yourself homer.Rosen will be fine .When KM gets benched ( I doubt KK has the nads)when he has a real bad game what will you say? I never said Rosen was better than Murray.I said I preferred Rosen and a top defensive pick instead of taking Murray.Is that too hard for you to understand?IMO Rosen can be a solid Qb in the league.

What have you seen from Rosen that would suggest he can be a "solid" qb in the league?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What was Rosen's excuse? AWFUL talent around him. Worse than last year's on this team.

His top receiver is Preston Williams.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What was Rosen's excuse? AWFUL talent around him. Worse than last year's on this team.

His top receiver is Preston Williams.

They were playing the Skins! It couldn't be set up any better for him this season. And he played awful. And he was benched. And Fitzpatrick came in and played well. I would say that was an opportunity for Rosen, and once again, an opportunity missed. You don't get that many opportunities in this league.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They were playing the Skins! It couldn't be set up any better for him this season. And he played awful. And he was benched. And Fitzpatrick came in and played well. I would say that was an opportunity for Rosen, and once again, an opportunity missed. You don't get that many opportunities in this league.
Again, I don't know what to tell you man. Fitzpatrick played okay, but it is still an awful team that no one can get anything done with. Pro Tip: Fitzpatrick also ended up being benched this season. They traded away their good players. No QB could do anything with that.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Again, I don't know what to tell you man. Fitzpatrick played okay, but it is still an awful team that no one can get anything done with. Pro Tip: Fitzpatrick also ended up being benched this season. They traded away their good players. No QB could do anything with that.

Fitz didnt get benched against the Redskins. Rosen did. Fitz played well. 12/18 for 132 yards, 1td, 0int, and a 106.7 rating. Rosen was 15/25 for 85 yards, 0 td's, 2 int's, and a 32.9 rating. Against the exact same defense. The phins traded a 2nd rounder for Rosen. You really think they want to play Fitz over him? How many more chances does the kid get before we all admit he just doesn't have it?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Fitz didnt get benched against the Redskins. Rosen did. Fitz played well. 12/18 for 132 yards, 1td, 0int, and a 106.7 rating. Rosen was 15/25 for 85 yards, 0 td's, 2 int's, and a 32.9 rating. Against the exact same defense. The phins traded a 2nd rounder for Rosen. You really think they want to play Fitz over him? How many more chances does the kid get before we all admit he just doesn't have it?
It doesn't really matter to me if he "has it" or not, since he's not on our team. I just wish him the best since he was a classy player here, and has gotten the worst possible hand you can be dealt in your first two years in the league. Next to zero talent on either team he's gotten to play for.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Whatever good will Murray may have earned was lost when he chose to put this catastrophe on his body

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
My nephew wants this shirt..... Help a brother out.... never seen one before. #Old

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.