Glad we have Murray and not Rosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When threads like this get started it emboldens people to pick sides instead of just enjoying the game. This is the best the team has looked all year(offensively). Rosen was nothing but a stand up dude everyone here should be wishing him success since it in no way effects the cardinals. Wishing him out of the league just makes you look like a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO this is more of a fan on fan feud than fan vs Rosen.

Nobody should wish anything but the best for Rosen. He's a good kid who has been put in terrible situations in the NFL.

But Kyler Murray is a better player. People who wanted to draft Kyler, or supported the Kyler pick after it was made, are just looking for acknowledgement that they were correct and the Rosen supporters were wrong. Thats what i see. Just silly fan vs fan drama about who was correct.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
IMO this is more of a fan on fan feud than fan vs Rosen.

Nobody should wish anything but the best for Rosen. He's a good kid who has been put in terrible situations in the NFL.

But Kyler Murray is a better player. People who wanted to draft Kyler, or supported the Kyler pick after it was made, are just looking for acknowledgement that they were correct and the Rosen supporters were wrong. Thats what i see. Just silly fan vs fan drama about who was correct.
So the Murray fans want a pat on the back and a "I told you so" to feel vindicated? LMAO.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am sorry the Cards traded up to draft Rosen instead of trading up to draft Mahomes. I am also sorry that Keim has the worst first round draft record of any HM over the past 6 years. But I am going with who we have

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Whatever good will Murray may have earned was lost when he chose to put this catastrophe on his body

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sorry the Cards traded up to draft Rosen instead of trading up to draft Mahomes. I am also sorry that Keim has the worst first round draft record of any HM over the past 6 years. But I am going with who we have
Man. No truer words. Didn't even think about that one.. ouch. It hurts more now... Thanks. ;)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever good will Murray may have earned was lost when he chose to put this catastrophe on his body

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Haha Love it. It's what the kids call swag nowadays. Lol

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
So the Murray fans want a pat on the back and a "I told you so" to feel vindicated? LMAO.
As a Kyler fan, I don’t want that. I guess I would just like to see cards fans support our new QB rather than look for things to criticize. Overall, he has done a great job these first 6 games and continues to improve. The anti-Murray group feed these discussions just as much, if not more, than his supporters. Disagreements are fine, but it seems like some want him to fail...

And I was, and still am, a fan of Rosen. Especially as a person.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nonsense and BS as usual.

Dude its not, Rosen will never be a starting QB in this league again, at least a competent one. We have enough of a sample size on him, he is just not a good QB, and there has been talk of some teammates questioning his drive. HIs body language is bad, he looks disinterested, small toolkit, bad accuracy, average arm.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Murray is light years better than Rosen and glad the cards have him instead that’s about all there is to say on the matter.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't be a "chearleader" for your starting QB?

When some KM fans deflect any blame for any poor play from Murray that makes that person a cheerleader IMO.
In a perfect world my teams QB would never screw up but it happens .I hope KM succeeds but I also think that while flashing talent at times when he gets consistent where its nearly every week will take some time before this team becomes a serious consistent contender.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So here’s a slightly different take:

solar pounded the table for a loooooong time, and continues to pound the table, about all the wasted draft capital in the Rosen/kyler saga. He would’ve rather have hung onto Rosen, because we gave up a 3rd and 5th to get him, and drafted Bosa or Quinnen. And then he slammed the table for drafting kyler and then just getting a 2nd and a 5th next year for Rosen.

now, I am anything but a Keim fan. But what if Keim (a) recognized Rosen didn’t have “it” (which you could say is somewhat being verified by his play last year and this); (b) recognized he wasn’t going to have many chances at a franchise QB again as this was the only time we’ve ever had the #1 pick; and (c) correctly read the market that rosen’s value had sunk (I mean, no one was offering much for him and, again, his play has largely proved those gms unwilling to give up much for him right).

What that would mean would be Keim recognized a devaluing asset, took the better bet, and mitigated the already incurred losses by recouping what he could in draft capital. All that was vastly superior to the alternative of doubling down on the devaluing asset and throwing good money after bad drafting a defensive player who wasn’t going to single-handedly turn the franchise around (as kyler is doing).

This franchise would be winless, and maybe even tie-less had we stuck with Rosen and drafted Bosa or Quinnen. I can’t prove it, but I think my conviction therein is pretty well-deserved.

And mind you, this isn’t me taking credit. I was excited about Murray, but wasn’t touting him as a sure thing. I thought we kinda had to do what we did, but I couldn’t say that with a great deal of certainty. Just seems that with our current hindsight all those gnashing their teeth about the kyler/Rosen ordeal are proving to be . . . well, wrong.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Dude its not, Rosen will never be a starting QB in this league again, at least a competent one. We have enough of a sample size on him, he is just not a good QB, and there has been talk of some teammates questioning his drive. HIs body language is bad, he looks disinterested, small toolkit, bad accuracy, average arm.

More BS and opinion.Dude.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe I speak for many that when the opportunity presented itself to upgrade to Murray, we were onboard. I can’t speak for everyone that wanted Murray at #1, but I NEVER hated Rosen. I don’t blame Keim for moving up to draft him. It was the right thing to do at the time. But, it was also the right thing to do when we upgraded to Murray. The QB position is just that important to success in the NFL. I have no animosity towards Rosen & I hope he does get a shot. But, I’m thrilled we drafted Murray. We have a lot of holes still, but the QB position is in good hands.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I believe I speak for many that when the opportunity presented itself to upgrade to Murray, we were onboard. I can’t speak for everyone that wanted Murray at #1, but I NEVER hated Rosen. I don’t blame Keim for moving up to draft him. It was the right thing to do at the time. But, it was also the right thing to do when we upgraded to Murray. The QB position is just that important to success in the NFL. I have no animosity towards Rosen & I hope he does get a shot. But, I’m thrilled we drafted Murray. We have a lot of holes still, but the QB position is in good hands.

He is wearing a shirt like Fredo. But he played like Clemenza today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson