Falcons at Cardinals gameday thread 10-13-19

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think Murray played a good game today.Like others said using the TE gives hope that KK finally realized what a TE can do.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
@Chopper0080 still calling him Squeak?
He came pretty close a couple times today. He played soft on a 3rd down scramble in the first half (I think) and then on the last play. Overall, he had a really good game, but there are times where he needs to understand that he needs to sell out to convert.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to blame Vance Joseph, but with a rookie S and a rookie CB and Haason Reddick...I can't be confident that his scheme is 100% the problem. It could be, but I can't be for sure.
If I assign Reddick on the Te then I put him over the te and interrupt his route. Too many times Reddick is forced to cover the te from across the field. Something is wrong there

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to blame Vance Joseph, but with a rookie S and a rookie CB and Haason Reddick...I can't be confident that his scheme is 100% the problem. It could be, but I can't be for sure.
I would agree in general if it was happening all game.. they are finding and adjusting to softness in the d and Vance isnt responding to said adjustments. That's why I think we have been getting quick hit in the third and fourth in a matter of minutes.. that's scheme. Jmo

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Murray played a good game today.Like others said using the TE gives hope that KK finally realized what a TE can do.
Good?

Dude played great man come on rookie over 340 3 TDS no turnovers what the hell you need him to do? He played an exceptional game today and basically won the game since the D can’t stop anything!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He came pretty close a couple times today. He played soft on a 3rd down scramble in the first half (I think) and then on the last play. Overall, he had a really good game, but there are times where he needs to understand that he needs to sell out to convert.
Let us know when he's Tom Brady 2.0. ;)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If I assign Reddick on the Te then I put him over the te and interrupt his route. Too many times Reddick is forced to cover the te from across the field. Something is wrong there
Look, he is struggling in coverage vs man...and zone...and vs the run. At some point, if you don't have a player you can play over him, you eat the turd and hope you get through it. He isn't even a very good pass rusher as he consistently gets hung up on blocks. Facts are that if you have to play the guy, you are gonna get burned. The NFL is too smart to be able to hide a guy like him all game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would agree in general if it was happening all game.. they are finding and adjustments to softness in the d and Vance isnt responding to said adjustments. That's why I think we have been getting quick hit in the third and fourth in a matter of minutes.. that's scheme. Jmo
This is not accurate. CBs set their own coverage depth not the coaches. When Peterson was playing off and giving the WR space, that is his choice, not the coaches.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah he was excellent today and won us the game.

I don't expect this every week but you have to call a spade a spade and Murray was an Ace today

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not accurate. CBs set their own coverage depth not the coaches. When Peterson was playing off and giving the WR space, that is his choice, not the coaches.
So you think a rookie is given this leeway time after time during an onslaught of yards being allowed? I don't. I still think it's scheme... He is a little too slow to respond.. but that's just what I see.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The bad thing that came out of this game is that Matt Ryan ended up with a better game then Murray. 30-36 356 yrds and 4 TDs.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Good?

Dude played great man come on rookie over 340 3 TDS no turnovers what the hell you need him to do? He played an exceptional game today and basically won the game since the D can’t stop anything![/QUOTE
A good game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.A win is a win .When those games happen on a regular basis against the better defenses in the league then I will be happy.Lighting up lousy teams is to be expected.He played good with no turn overs.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah but he is a vet that’s been doing that forever, our ROOK best him in a shootout since our D blows lol
His big game also came after we were up big and started playing loose coverage. This is now two games in a row that we have gone to soft coverage when up about 2 TDs.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Football Perspective (@fbgchase)
10/13/19, 5:53 PM
Matt Ryan and the Falcons threw for 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and had a 140+ passer rating.... and lost.

This is only the 3rd time this has happened in NFL history, and the first time it's happened since... Matt Ryan lost a game to the Saints like this in 2018.