Draft WR Lamb in 1st round

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There will always be exceptions to the rule, but you cannot count on that happening, especially if you’re the AZ Cardinals. Sad, but true. If you want a legit stud, go get him in the 1st round.
Your team cannot be exclusively comprised of 1st rounders. The vast majority of the teams in this league do not have a #1 receiver that was drafted in the first round.

But you have to draft guys with size.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BUtler should be back next year, but we don't know how he'll pan out. That should mitigate the need for a big receiver.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. We need offensive line and defensive front 7 help badly. WR are fancy toys but you win games in the trenches

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
BUtler should be back next year, but we don't know how he'll pan out. That should mitigate the need for a big receiver.

Not optimistic about Butler next season. He looked very raw in preseason and TC. He really needed a full season to develop and hone in his skills. He might not be very productive next year

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not optimistic about Butler next season. He looked very raw in preseason and TC. He really needed a full season to develop and hone in his skills. He might not be very productive next year

For as much draft capital as we invested this year in the WR corp, the return thus far has been pretty disappointing.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
If we draft a skill position over something to help fix this defense or OL I may throw my remote through the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Your team cannot be exclusively comprised of 1st rounders. The vast majority of the teams in this league do not have a #1 receiver that was drafted in the first round.

But you have to draft guys with size.
I want nothing but first rounders. Who also want to take deep discounts on all contracts.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He also looks like he hit with his 1st and 2nd round picks.

I’ll take it

Plus our third round pick is starting. You've got a point Finito.

Murphy looks like he has the chance to be "great". Like maybe a pro-bowler or something. That would be quite a draft coup. A legit shut-down corner coming from a 2nd round pick.

If this pans out, we'll be dangerous at the CB position for least a couple of years. Him and PP21 starting opposite of each other.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Look, I love him too. But we have to go inside / outside in this draft IMO. OL, DL, Outside WR.

And if Jerry Jeudy is on the board...... You shouldn't go with CeeDee.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Look, I love him too. But we have to go inside / outside in this draft IMO. OL, DL, Outside WR.

And if Jerry Jeudy is on the board...... You shouldn't go with CeeDee.
Hopefully we win enough games so we're not in position to draft Jeudy.

I think that draft is going to be loaded at WR as well.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to draft for need and we need offensive line help

I don't want to take Adrian Peterson when we already have Edgerrin James. What a waste of our big free agent signing. I think a guy like Levi Brown will address a need and be the smartest pick.

This is how many of you sound to me and how your discussion is framed historically.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
None of the guys you mentioned (Kirk, McLaurin, Metcalf, etc) are authentic or legit #1's. I don't care how many 2nd round WR picks you take, they will never amount to a legit #1. We need a #1 & it'll take a 1st round pick to get one. It's quite ok to have 3 one thousand yard receivers (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston). Only one of them was a 1st round pick.

And then hear the same BS about how the defense can`t stop anybody or KM was running for his life because of the OLINE.Fix the damn trenches first.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope. We need offensive line and defensive front 7 help badly. WR are fancy toys but you win games in the trenches

Yes, the trenches are critical in football at every level. But, you're still underestimating the value of those fancy toys called WR's.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what i really want the team to do in this draft:

trade down multiple times with a goal of stockpiling picks in the 25-55 range

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
I think you pick a guy like Lamb not entirely out of need, but because you don't want any other team to have him. He's an absolute beast and I would be pissed if we took some 'Bama lineman or some other future nobody instead of him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have to draft for need and we need offensive line help

I don't want to take Adrian Peterson when we already have Edgerrin James. What a waste of our big free agent signing. I think a guy like Levi Brown will address a need and be the smartest pick.

This is how many of you sound to me and how your discussion is framed historically.
This. All day (pun not intended) this.

you don’t pass up talent bc you suck somewhere else. Particularly not when you could use that talent too. All things equal you draft need. But even I say “equal” I mean equal! Say no to Levi brown!!!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, the trenches are critical in football at every level. But, you're still underestimating the value of those fancy toys called WR's.

Not really. Let’s look at the past 20 years.

Fitzgerald
AJ Green
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Julio Jones
Megatron
Antonio Brown
Odel Beckham
Dez Bryant
Marvin Harrison

how many championship do all those hall of famers have combined?

Yup. You don’t need a big time WR to win in the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA